Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto / rain sensing wipers - worth retro-fitting?  (Read 17058 times)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Re: Auto / rain sensing wipers - worth retro-fitting?
« Reply #90 on: 05 July 2015, 21:33:04 »

I use the wipers and screenwash to keep the screen clean in normal conditions. If a pterodactyl craps on it then I clean that off.

My auto wipers work fine in daylight and real rain, they are just useless in poor light and mist/drizzle, borderline dangerous in fact because the screen is too dry to leave the wipers scratching away at the screen but they refuse to wipe the fine mist off the screen making vision near impossible with oncoming headlights. Intermittent wipe would be really useful however. >:(

Yes, so, I think one will find, if you clean... On never mind. Not my bloody car/life/visibility.

...ffs just clean the screen ;D ;D ;D

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 05 July 2015, 21:49:07 »

I use the wipers and screenwash to keep the screen clean in normal conditions. If a pterodactyl craps on it then I clean that off.

My auto wipers work fine in daylight and real rain, they are just useless in poor light and mist/drizzle, borderline dangerous in fact because the screen is too dry to leave the wipers scratching away at the screen but they refuse to wipe the fine mist off the screen making vision near impossible with oncoming headlights. Intermittent wipe would be really useful however. >:(

Yes, so, I think one will find, if you clean... On never mind. Not my bloody car/life/visibility.

The screen is clean ffs  ;D ;D ;D
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

The Sheriff

« Reply #92 on: 05 July 2015, 21:50:36 »

No it's not! It can't be. Cause if it was they'd work perfectly. Stupid idiot. ;D

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 05 July 2015, 21:53:42 »

;D

No it's not! It can't be. Cause if it was they'd work perfectly. Stupid idiot. ;D
;D
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 05 July 2015, 21:58:40 »

See. Knew you'd get there in the end :P ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 06 July 2015, 17:52:37 »

I have the 99 learning relay in the 3.2 and traditional dial setup in 2.2.

I prefer, by miles the 2.2  - I find the 3.2 fine on first set. It's re-adjuating it in changeable conditions, I find the 2.2 far better with the dial for a quick change. Rather than cancel, flick, count and set. Just adjust the dial :)

Where as the standard rain sending wipers. One click, job jobbed. :y ;D
But we all know the original variable intermittent wipe system is far better than the schoolboy first attempt GM slapped on the later Omegas....
The fixed delay intermittent wipe fitted to my 1994 CD was more useful than the random wipe (optimistically called "rain sensitive") fitted to my 2003 Elite  :(

Ah but that's where your all completely and utterly wrong, because, you haven't cleaned your screen properly. Behaves perfectly, just does. Accepte it, deal with it, and move on. But remember...

....clean your screen. Especially where the sensor is. Obviously. ::) ;)
Nope, we all know you are completely and utterly wrong. The system fitted to later Elites is poor. Almost like it was an early prototype to learn from for later cars.

See, from posts above, lazy bloody admin again. CLEAN THE DAMN SCREEN. :P

And by clean I don't mean waft a rag over it, I mean clean until a clean cloth comes off clean with no marks on the cloth itself with a proper glass cleaner. Also be weary of machine washes and Hungarivanians magic cleaning potions. They leave residue the sensor sees and tries to wipe off.

If honest with ones self, you'll see said residue on the screen anyway. WONT YOU JAMIE ::) ;D
Glass polished inside and out usually weekly.

The issue with the pieces of shit useless rain (inability to) sense wipers is even by my standards, they are hopelessly slow to see rain to begin with, so you have to turn them off and on manually to get them to start, after which they go into ful turbo mode if there is a mist drop at 500 paces.

Hopeless.

And every time I use it in the rain, I remember why they are such as step backwards from the adjustable intermittent type.

That's the advantage of having both types, it highlights the shit parts from each ;)
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 06 July 2015, 21:00:34 »

I have the 99 learning relay in the 3.2 and traditional dial setup in 2.2.

I prefer, by miles the 2.2  - I find the 3.2 fine on first set. It's re-adjuating it in changeable conditions, I find the 2.2 far better with the dial for a quick change. Rather than cancel, flick, count and set. Just adjust the dial :)

Where as the standard rain sending wipers. One click, job jobbed. :y ;D
But we all know the original variable intermittent wipe system is far better than the schoolboy first attempt GM slapped on the later Omegas....
The fixed delay intermittent wipe fitted to my 1994 CD was more useful than the random wipe (optimistically called "rain sensitive") fitted to my 2003 Elite  :(

Ah but that's where your all completely and utterly wrong, because, you haven't cleaned your screen properly. Behaves perfectly, just does. Accepte it, deal with it, and move on. But remember...

....clean your screen. Especially where the sensor is. Obviously. ::) ;)
Nope, we all know you are completely and utterly wrong. The system fitted to later Elites is poor. Almost like it was an early prototype to learn from for later cars.

See, from posts above, lazy bloody admin again. CLEAN THE DAMN SCREEN. :P

And by clean I don't mean waft a rag over it, I mean clean until a clean cloth comes off clean with no marks on the cloth itself with a proper glass cleaner. Also be weary of machine washes and Hungarivanians magic cleaning potions. They leave residue the sensor sees and tries to wipe off.

If honest with ones self, you'll see said residue on the screen anyway. WONT YOU JAMIE ::) ;D
Glass polished inside and out usually weekly.

The issue with the pieces of shit useless rain (inability to) sense wipers is even by my standards, they are hopelessly slow to see rain to begin with, so you have to turn them off and on manually to get them to start, after which they go into ful turbo mode if there is a mist drop at 500 paces.

Hopeless.

And every time I use it in the rain, I remember why they are such as step backwards from the adjustable intermittent type.

That's the advantage of having both types, it highlights the shit parts from each ;)

Nope. Completely wrong as usual. They are by far the superior design. Turn on. Job jobbed. Leave them on when it stops raining. They stay off. Starts raining, they start again.

Talking bollards again MrLazyadmincan'tcleanascreentosavehisLifefdontusepolishuseaglassCLEANERFFS! ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06 July 2015, 22:03:58 »

ITS A BLOODY GLASS POLISH. FOR CLEANING GLASS PROPERLY.

Jeez.

Accept they are shite unless you drive everywhere with the bloody things on full chat.  This is why you HAVE to use the stupid, inferior aero type wipers, which in themselves are piss poor at cleaning.  But I suspect you'll argue that for the sake of it.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 06 July 2015, 22:17:52 »

ITS A BLOODY GLASS POLISH. FOR CLEANING GLASS PROPERLY.

Jeez.

Accept they are shite unless you drive everywhere with the bloody things on full chat.  This is why you HAVE to use the stupid, inferior aero type wipers, which in themselves are piss poor at cleaning.  But I suspect you'll argue that for the sake of it.

Utter utter bollards. Polish residue on the sensor area isn't going to help. And don't say it won't until you've tried a glass cleaner and got it properly clean.

And the type of blade makes mo odds to the performance of the auto wipers. Now go and troll someone else. There's no reality in your posts these days. Far to busy "stimulating discussion" talking crap. :P

They work fine. As usual with a certain Lazybloodtadmin it's the owner at fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.