Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery problems  (Read 3425 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Battery problems
« Reply #15 on: 08 July 2015, 16:29:53 »

Yep, knackered battery. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 July 2015, 16:32:18 »

Yup. If you didn't know, a battery that is '12v' that is reading eg: 9v sounds like it's ok, afterall, if you got 9/12 in a test, you'd be pretty happy with that score, 75%.

Glad you're sorted - have you a source of a good new battery?
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 July 2015, 17:38:33 »

Yup. If you didn't know, a battery that is '12v' that is reading eg: 9v sounds like it's ok, afterall, if you got 9/12 in a test, you'd be pretty happy with that score, 75%.

Actually, my only local sources are Allparts, ECP, and tyre/battery places. However, swmbo is demonstrating that we are short on readies this month, so I have decided to pull the 2.6 (which is wearing the knackered battery) off the road, and service it, and other TLC. This is the one beauty of being a multiple Omega owner. Still have two on the road for use. Can't find a bill for the battery anywhere to be able to claim :'(
However, one problem sorted and another pops up......one screw holding the air filter cover on is fubared, and is refusing to come out. Lord knows what they are made of, but I can't drill the head off, but that's another story :'(
« Last Edit: 08 July 2015, 17:40:49 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 July 2015, 19:17:22 »

Does your departed battery have a date/date code on it? If it's as recent a purchase as you said and they know you at the vendors, maybe they will replace it on trust without a bill, because faulty products like that are returned to the manufacturer for credit usually and therefoe no loss to the vendor.

Ron.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2015, 10:27:11 »

Can recommend genuine Vx battery - go for the one-up from recommended -so A 70a/h - because it's actually cheaper than the 65a/h  :y

Worked out at literally a couple of pounds more than a varta/exide from ebay. (which I'm not saying wouldn't be as good/better, but after much deliberation I decided to go genuine Vx, I didn't want in 1 years time to have a duff battery, only to find the ebay seller has long since closed down, or something similar)

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 July 2015, 10:29:27 »

Actually, my only local sources are Allparts, ECP, and tyre/battery places. However, swmbo is demonstrating that we are short on readies this month, so I have decided to pull the 2.6 (which is wearing the knackered battery) off the road, and service it, and other TLC. This is the one beauty of being a multiple Omega owner. Still have two on the road for use. Can't find a bill for the battery anywhere to be able to claim :'(
However, one problem sorted and another pops up......one screw holding the air filter cover on is fubared, and is refusing to come out. Lord knows what they are made of, but I can't drill the head off, but that's another story :'(

given how common the airboxes are, in your case I'd be tempted to just rip the lid off, and replace the unit. It's the sort of thing many an OOF breaker would normally chuck in the bin, TBH, so should be very cheap  :)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 July 2015, 10:38:18 »

Sorry late reply DBG...just seen this post.
So just to close the thread, I tried to drill out the screw....no go. However, I managed to hacksaw across the top, then used a chisel, wd40 and a lot of grunting, and the screw surrendered :y
Thanks to all who contributed. :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 18 queries.