Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Non DBW Criuse Control Module Techy question.  (Read 2310 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Omega Non DBW Criuse Control Module Techy question.
« on: 15 July 2015, 14:57:10 »

I plan to retro fit on of these units to a 98 Tigra which has ABS fitted, had a quick look at the pin outs, all seems straight forward, my question is this anyone know if the ABS signal would be suitable, assuming yes, should I just sniff the signal directly or would I need to pad it or isolate it somehow, ie, don't won't to risk lowering the signal level or the ABS operation?. Any other thoughts I need to consider?

Cheers Chris.  :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Non DBW Criuse Control Module Techy question.
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2015, 15:57:45 »

Just plug it all in and see if it works :y
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2015, 16:01:35 »

Just plug it all in and see if it works :y
Would normally do that B, just thought I'd ask the question before I start blowing bits up.  ;)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2015, 20:10:26 »

If I've got this right, you've got an Omega CC motor and want to fit it to a Tigra?

If the loom is there at all three points, it should be possible.
1. Stalk extra connector under cowl
2. Brake/Clutch switch connectors
3. Plug under the bonnet.

If it is anything like the Vectra of that era, there isn't a clutch switch (you need one) and you only have a 2 pin brake switch, the Vectra needed a 4 pin (not sure on Tigra) - the 2/4 pin plugs are the same, just the switch only has half the contacts. Obviously you need the stalk, but the Omega one should be fine.

It may need enabling via the ECU, it is unlikely to be turned on and not fitted.

EDIT

You may also need to extend the CC motor cable (or grab a longer cable from a different car, urm wire in sleeve kind of cable, not electrical). Do you have the rectangular hole near the TB which the plastic cable stop sits in?
« Last Edit: 15 July 2015, 20:13:11 by deviator »
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2015, 20:49:03 »

Speed signal from Abs ecu should be blue with a red trace, and should be apparent in the dash wiring :y

Other bits might be readily found on a similar vintage Corsa C CDX :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2015, 21:54:16 »

If I've got this right, you've got an Omega CC motor and want to fit it to a Tigra?

If the loom is there at all three points, it should be possible.
1. Stalk extra connector under cowl
2. Brake/Clutch switch connectors
3. Plug under the bonnet.

If it is anything like the Vectra of that era, there isn't a clutch switch (you need one) and you only have a 2 pin brake switch, the Vectra needed a 4 pin (not sure on Tigra) - the 2/4 pin plugs are the same, just the switch only has half the contacts. Obviously you need the stalk, but the Omega one should be fine.

It may need enabling via the ECU, it is unlikely to be turned on and not fitted.

EDIT

You may also need to extend the CC motor cable (or grab a longer cable from a different car, urm wire in sleeve kind of cable, not electrical). Do you have the rectangular hole near the TB which the plastic cable stop sits in?
Yep, its a 98 so Tigra A, not all had ABS, this one has the Corsa 1.6 GSi spec engine fitted so has ABS.

Fairly dure the Tigra A, Corsa B, Astra from that era never had CC as an option, only Vectra and Omegas so guessing no looms sre in place but shouldnt be an issue.

Im plan to fit an 3.0 one which has a longer Cable so yes willl need tp bodge the bracketry to the TB somehow.

As far as Im aware the CC units were stand alone so hopefilly no need to mess with the ECU.

And yea, thanks for the info on the pedal switches that kinda confirms what I was thinking when I had a quick poke aroind. The stalk is identical to the Mig ones so thats also a bonus.  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2015, 22:05:36 »

Speed signal from Abs ecu should be blue with a red trace, and should be apparent in the dash wiring :y

Other bits might be readily found on a similar vintage Corsa C CDX :-\
Cheers Al, that saves me having to piss about with the ABS plug / wiring

Could be wrong but I thought the Corsa C were DBW? or is that just the later ones, will look into that.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2015, 22:16:31 »

Yep, its a 98 so Tigra A, not all had ABS, this one has the Corsa 1.6 GSi spec engine fitted so has ABS.

Fairly dure the Tigra A, Corsa B, Astra from that era never had CC as an option, only Vectra and Omegas so guessing no looms sre in place but shouldnt be an issue.

Im plan to fit an 3.0 one which has a longer Cable so yes willl need tp bodge the bracketry to the TB somehow.

As far as Im aware the CC units were stand alone so hopefilly no need to mess with the ECU.

And yea, thanks for the info on the pedal switches that kinda confirms what I was thinking when I had a quick poke aroind. The stalk is identical to the Mig ones so thats also a bonus.  :y
I didn't realise they used that engine in the Tigra? I might have to have a look around for one of those, there is a lot of power to be gained! Thanks.

The main reason for replying was, look at the TB bracket on the 2.0L Vectra. I think all the early ones had the bracket for both cables, if not it's a case of looks for a higher spec.

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2015, 00:00:34 »

Sorry got my Corsas confused :-[

Tigra A is a reshelled Corsa B not C... ::)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2015, 01:06:12 »

I didn't realise they used that engine in the Tigra? I might have to have a look around for one of those, there is a lot of power to be gained! Thanks.

The main reason for replying was, look at the TB bracket on the 2.0L Vectra. I think all the early ones had the bracket for both cables, if not it's a case of looks for a higher spec.
yep, not sure if your thinking about the same GSi spec engine?, most Tigra A's had the 1.4 eco engines (X14XE), Auto or Manual, some others had the 1.6 (X16XE) again auto or manual, not sure if all the 1.6 were the same spec as the never really badged them, they were called names instead ie, Tigra Something, but was never clear on the Log Books.

From 97 onwards they introduced the 1.6 GSi spec X16XE, again not sure if this was across the board on the 1.6's or just on selected models, they chucked out around 110 BHP against the 88 BHP on the 1.4 a big jump for +200cc, they also lowered it and had the suspension setup redesigned by Lotus, which became standard on all models from 98 onwards. Research shows that the GSi Engine spec models were only available in Manual, had ABS as standard, in addition to passenger Airbag and had factory fitted Irmscher additional rear spoiler with brake light fitted (original spoiler brake light was factory blanked off) compared to the add-on spoilers with no brake light that were added to other models.

According to the Cora Sport Boys, the 1.6 GSi engine was detuned using restrictive intake methods and exhaust valve recirculation methods so as to not embarrass the 1.8 /2.0 16V engines geared for the Astra and Vectra's. According to Corsa Sport, retro fitting an earlier model intake method see's gains of around 20BHP, get rid of the exhaust recirculation and fit a decent 4-2-1 manifold and a better exhaust up to another 15 - 20 BHP, then add a decent remap or re chip to suit add another +10BHP, so with little effort you can get them up to 140 to 150 BHP, in the case of the Tigra A, not bad for a 2 seated go-kart weighing next to nothing.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2015, 07:13:48 »

Zirk, you have confirmed what I suspected.
Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.