Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The new milk float...  (Read 6645 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
The new milk float...
« on: 12 March 2019, 13:09:22 »

Well, its finally here, so far I've driven it exactly 0.3 miles so I don't have much to say other than its ridiculously quiet. Especially since I drove here in the Terracan this morning.  :y

The leasing company managed to ignore my instructions to deliver it fully charged, so according the golf's brain, it has about 120miles of range with the climate set to 19 degrees and my heated seat on. I doubt that this will be an issue as that's 30 more than my daily commute. Plus I am planning to go and play with a motorway charger on the way home. I want to be able to use them and know the app for my phone works before I pull up at one with <10% in the 'tank'!

I took two very quick snaps as its bucketing it down here:
Exterior
Interior

I haven't embedded them as I am not smart enough to know how to resize them  :-\.

Sunday may be the first test of long distance usage. A friend of mine is working at Cheltenham Festival and needs to get back to London, a round trip of c280 miles. So probably 2 rapid charges.

aaronjb

Re: The new milk float...
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2019, 13:18:38 »

I'll try not to scratch it later when I pick the OH up  ;) :y ;D

On the dash - the right hand gauge is speed, obviously .. but what's the left hand one with the green bit and 0-10? Warp factor?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2019, 13:29:27 »

On the dash - the right hand gauge is speed, obviously .. but what's the left hand one with the green bit and 0-10? Warp factor?

When you start the car, the needle goes to 12 o'clock. The green bit on the left shows energy recuperated via braking/deceleration, the right is a percentage of the maximum amount of available power that's being used at any given moment. Ie. if you floor it, it goes all the way over to the 5 o'clock position.

In summary, its a completely pointless gauge that they invented so the cluster can be the same configuration as a standard golf.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2019, 13:30:37 »

In summary, its a completely pointless gauge that they invented so the cluster can be the same configuration as a standard golf.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Bit like the flappy needle mpg-meter in older BMWs.. but bigger, and with a negative bit, then.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2019, 13:34:50 »

Interesting, did you get this on monthly PCP type thing?

120 miles now, what's range when full?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2019, 13:36:41 »

;D ;D ;D

Bit like the flappy needle mpg-meter in older BMWs.. but bigger, and with a negative bit, then.

Yup!

For me, I'm only interested in the speed and the range. All the other information is just pointless. It even has a poxy 'fuel gauge' right next to the digital range readout. Again, copied from the regular golf.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2019, 13:42:53 »

What do you expect from the automotive group that only fitted two clusters to everything they made from 1972-1987* :D

*obviously a slight exaggeration, but not by much...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2019, 13:46:08 »

Salary sacrifice lease. The net cost is £411 pcm on a 3yr 75,000 mile lease. That's on a "Just add fuel" basis. Given my commute/business mileage is 20-22k per year, I reckon it will cost me about £120pcm more than running the volvo. Assuming there was no unplanned maintenance to pay for on the swede.

Given we are renovating another house in that time, having not to worry about servicing, tyres or anything else would be cheap at twice the price!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2019, 13:55:24 »

Salary sacrifice lease. The net cost is £411 pcm on a 3yr 75,000 mile lease. That's on a "Just add fuel" basis. Given my commute/business mileage is 20-22k per year, I reckon it will cost me about £120pcm more than running the volvo. Assuming there was no unplanned maintenance to pay for on the swede.

Given we are renovating another house in that time, having not to worry about servicing, tyres or anything else would be cheap at twice the price!

I see  :y

So tyres/brakes etc all covered?  You just top it up with electricity? Be interesting to see what your real world range is like.  :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2019, 14:21:21 »

So tyres/brakes etc all covered?  You just top it up with the free work's electricity? Be interesting to see what your real world range is like.  :)

FTFY  :y

Yup, the only possible extra costs that could come my way are an excess for the windscreen/insurance if I have to claim (£75 and £250 respectively I think).

On the range, I'm going to start from the position that I drive it like any other car, so on the speed limit, upto about 75-80 on the motorway when the cameras allow. Heater, heated seat and radio on, lights and wipers on auto. The internet says real world range is 145 miles ish, but there are so many variables. I assume my way of using the car will give about 115-120 miles, with the option of extending a bit if I need to by slowing down.

Once we are out of the burger van, I will plug in at home, but only to pre-condition the cabin before I set off. Being able to defrost the screens and heat the cabin every morning is one of the things I like the most about the car (I realise its possible in a number of others). And being able to do it from the phone app before leaving the office  :y

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2019, 14:22:46 »

So tyres/brakes etc all covered?  You just top it up with the free work's electricity? Be interesting to see what your real world range is like.  :)

FTFY  :y

Yup, the only possible extra costs that could come my way are an excess for the windscreen/insurance if I have to claim (£75 and £250 respectively I think).

On the range, I'm going to start from the position that I drive it like any other car, so on the speed limit, upto about 75-80 on the motorway when the cameras allow. Heater, heated seat and radio on, lights and wipers on auto. The internet says real world range is 145 miles ish, but there are so many variables. I assume my way of using the car will give about 115-120 miles, with the option of extending a bit if I need to by slowing down.

Once we are out of the burger van, I will plug in at home, but only to pre-condition the cabin before I set off. Being able to defrost the screens and heat the cabin every morning is one of the things I like the most about the car (I realise its possible in a number of others). And being able to do it from the phone app before leaving the office  :y
Spoilt bastard  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2019, 14:31:57 »

Have driven a pfl Leaf at work... Being a small(ish) Japanese city car I expected it to be a cheap, plasticky place to be. It didn't disappoint. Range rarely bettered 80 miles, but that was alot of stop start and constant heater/aircon and lights.

Have spent the day in a far more rudimentary electric vehicle, namely https://goo.gl/images/qerSGR

Heater, wipers and lights on since 6 am and only down to 84% :D

It tops out at 25 mph and weighs 3.5t, so probably wouldn't want to commute in it.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2019, 14:33:16 »

Have driven a pfl Leaf at work... Being a small(ish) Japanese city car I expected it to be a cheap, plasticky place to be. It didn't disappoint. Range rarely bettered 80 miles, but that was alot of stop start and constant heater/aircon and lights.

Have spent the day in a far more rudimentary electric vehicle, namely https://goo.gl/images/qerSGR

It tops out at 25 mph and weighs 3.5t, so probably wouldn't want to commute in it.
Yeah, but that just a battery on wheels.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2019, 14:47:15 »

Yeah, but that just a battery on wheels.
True, but at least it's rear wheel drive 8)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2019, 14:56:14 »

Jeebus! is that all the lead in the batteries?

I was at your place of work on Saturday morning, (Norwegian back from the US). The airport is a pretty efficient place to travel to/from; its just in the wrong bloody place  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.