Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The T-Sock  (Read 3200 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
The T-Sock
« on: 26 July 2019, 20:48:58 »

Leo Varadker the Republic of Ireland's pipsqueak PM, has today been talking the the prospect of a united Ireland in the event of the UK leaving the EU without signing up to the WA & PD.  ::)

"People who you might describe as moderate nationalists or moderate Catholics, who were more or less happy with the status quo, will look more towards a united Ireland," he said.

"I think increasingly you'll see liberal protestants, liberal unionists starting to ask the question as to where they feel more at home.

"Is it in a nationalist Britain, that's you know talking about potentially bringing back the death penalty and things like that, or is it part of a common European homeland and part of Ireland?

"One of the things, ironically that could really undermine the union, the United Kingdom union is a hard Brexit."

Who's talking about bringing back the death penalty FFS?  ???  >:(  What a complete tosser!  ::)

But I tell you what, they are worried.  Desperately worried!  :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49127616
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

Re: The T-Sock
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2019, 21:08:05 »

I don't know what the final outcome will be, but it's nice to watch the cocky bastards twitch.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2019, 21:15:18 »

Yep. I've read elsewhere that Steve Barclay the Brexit Secretary, has already been to see the T-Sock in Dublin since Thursday.

He went to deliver an uncomfortable message for them I hope.  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2019, 21:41:21 »

His whole tactic during this process has been to warn everyone to be cautious not to do anything to reopen old wounds. Now he is scaremongering (and talking utter shite) about a united Ireland.  ::)………..but yes they are getting very twitchy, and its hilarious.  :)
« Last Edit: 26 July 2019, 21:46:47 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2019, 23:44:59 »

I call him Jay as he looks like the character on Emmerdale . He'd fit right in there being gay and a bit of an actor.
He has, and is, appealing to the base Irish voter who despises " The Brits " more than Hitler and the Third Reich. He is widely disliked here for being contemptuous and aloof but herds the sheep again by spewing bile about the UK at every opportunity. A thoroughly repugnant creature.
I have listened to the news on the radio over here and the vitriolic outpourings on Boris Johnson have been nothing short of disgraceful. The worst being the presenters themselves.
If that squeek Jay had been described as he deserves to be on UK media the irish would be àpoplectic . They cannot understand how truly insignificant they are.
I tried to explain to a local  recently that the UK  is merely doing what they did in 1916 , seeking to control our own destiny , but we did it by crossing a box on a ballot paper not creeping up behind someone in the dark and shooting them in the back of the head.
I can only hope that when we leave on a no deal basis and don't implement a hard border that their EU masters insist that they build checkpoints to stop our goods  going into eire.
Whenever you read about Jay and his voters just always remember that they have been indoctrinated into despising the institution of The United Kingdom since birth.
And do it with vigour and glee.....

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2019, 10:49:07 »

Just a post script to this thread .
The politicians of this little country love to pamper themselves and posture to the world ,all to often bumping their heads on heavens ceiling ,whilst deftly avoiding any elephants in the room.
The insurance sector in Ireland has long been a source of public complaint due to the extraordinarily high premium increases year on year . The reasons given to the public by these grasping greedy industry demigods are wide and varied ,none of which have been partially believable and most blatently untrue .
Politicians have shamelessly avoided the subject for years now , in part because of the considerable tax and levy streams that they bring ,but more likely as they would have to confront the unpalatable truth.
I'm no supporter of the party that the member on the video below belongs to but credit to him for actually asking the most simple of questions that he did ,and exposing the truth .
The shame, embarrassment and duplicity displayed is palpable.....
https://www.facebook.com/sinnfeindubnw/videos/377870516196803/UzpfSTEwMDAwOTQ2NzA1MjExOToyNDI4MDU2NzQwODUzMjA0/?id=100009467052119

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2019, 10:58:02 »

rather shysters!
What a strange little country Eire is, it's like 70 years behind the rest of the world.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2019, 11:25:29 »

rather shysters!
What a strange little country Eire is, it's like 70 years behind the rest of the world.
Rather shysters? I think you know what I typed  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2019, 12:26:17 »

Just a post script to this thread .
The politicians of this little country love to pamper themselves and posture to the world ,all to often bumping their heads on heavens ceiling ,whilst deftly avoiding any elephants in the room.
The insurance sector in Ireland has long been a source of public complaint due to the extraordinarily high premium increases year on year . The reasons given to the public by these grasping greedy industry demigods are wide and varied ,none of which have been partially believable and most blatently untrue .
Politicians have shamelessly avoided the subject for years now , in part because of the considerable tax and levy streams that they bring ,but more likely as they would have to confront the unpalatable truth.
I'm no supporter of the party that the member on the video below belongs to but credit to him for actually asking the most simple of questions that he did ,and exposing the truth .
The shame, embarrassment and duplicity displayed is palpable.....
https://www.facebook.com/sinnfeindubnw/videos/377870516196803/UzpfSTEwMDAwOTQ2NzA1MjExOToyNDI4MDU2NzQwODUzMjA0/?id=100009467052119

Excellent video. There is certainly much 'squirming' taking place.

A case of lies damn lies and statistics......... :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2019, 12:39:57 »

His whole tactic during this process has been to warn everyone to be cautious not to do anything to reopen old wounds. Now he is scaremongering (and talking utter shite) about a united Ireland.  ::)………..but yes they are getting very twitchy, and its hilarious.  :)

Bit harsh..

I'm sure Mr Varadker will bend over forwards to get the best deal..... ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 August 2019, 13:02:10 »

Is there a provision in the Good Friday agreement for another referendum on Northern Ireland and a united country?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2019, 13:38:38 »

Is there a provision in the Good Friday agreement for another referendum on Northern Ireland and a united country?

Yes, but what is totally ignored by the lefty commentariat is that the hallowed GFA decrees that there must be referendums in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, and both must vote for a united Ireland for it to happen.  ::)

They have been at peace for nearly a century in the Republic and I can't see them voting for anything that might change that.  ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2019, 14:41:22 »

I believe the provision in the agreement allows the secretary of state to call a referendum if he believes there is a clear majority in Northern Ireland who would vote to leave the UK. That isn't going to happen any time soon, despite what Lenny Verruca would like to believe.
Possibly more importantly, he and the EU have been constantly trying to use the Brexit process as an excuse to pull N.I. away from the UK by having it in a customs union with the R.O.I. / EU. in order, they claim, to preserve and protect the Good Friday peace agreement.
This is despite the fact that it would actually tear up that agreement and throw it in the bin, because the whole basis of the agreement is that the status of N.I. within the UK shall not be changed without the consent of the people of N.I.
We Brits are used to quite a high level of dishonesty and hypocrisy from our politicians, but the politicians in Dublin are on a whole different level altogether.
Hateful, two bob chancers, the lot of them. >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2019, 16:11:49 »

The other thing about the Belfast GFA is that there is nothing in the treaty that decrees how the border should be operated, hard, soft or nonexistent.   ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.