Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "automatic gearbox"  (Read 724 times)

bighed

• Shropshire
    • View Profile
"automatic gearbox"
« on: 30 July 2008, 07:53:21 »

Recently, after starting the mig up "automatic gearbox" came up on display. I spoke to daz (loo-knee)  :y Who said to change atf, filter and gaskets. Now after turning car off (This was about 3 days ago) and using it a few times since, It hasnt come up again??? Does this sound right or should it come back up on display after so many starts??  :-/

jimmas

• stevenage, herts
    • View Profile
Re: "automatic gearbox"
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2008, 09:40:36 »

is the eml light on when it displays the box fault on the mid, as doesn't always follw that it is actually a gearbox fault , when my cam sensor was playing up the eml light would come on and the mid would display gearbox fault because the sensor would create a miss fire / hesitation which confused the box ecu.

omegalyn

« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2008, 09:44:43 »

Hi there,
I had a similar problem with my 2.0. Can you read the codes to see if any are stored, as other problems can activate this warning.  With mine it turned out to be a crank or cam sensor. Light went out after changing sensor.

bighed

• Shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2008, 09:48:50 »

Think I have an atf leak anyway. Sorry forgot to put that. Either that or power steering fluid!! Will check codes tonight when i get home and report back tomorrow morning. No eml light on. Are there any guides on doing the gearbox work anywhere?? Cheers guys  :y

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2008, 11:18:13 »

Do the gear indicator lights work correctly, no flickering or flashing out of sequence? Any problems here will raise 'Automatic Gearbox' and points to a worn-out selector switch on the side of the 'box. (can sometimes get away with dismantling it ans cleaning the contact tracks)

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2008, 13:03:25 »

Hi there,
I had a similar problem with my 2.0. Can you read the codes to see if any are stored, as other problems can activate this warning.  With mine it turned out to be a crank or cam sensor. Light went out after changing sensor.

I've just had the same thing "Automatic Gearbox" triggered by a broken lambda sensor wire. But I didn't know until Saturday. The gearbox was slipping in 2nd and 3rd. Fearing the worst, I had already bought a replacement gearbox.  To my amazement, fixing the lambda wire also fixed the gearbox (so far at least <crosses fingers>)

I'm glad I've got the replacement gearbox though as my car has done 166,000 miles and if the 'box really does wear out I'll have its replacement ready.

Go to Facebook and become a Fan of the GM6 Spares Facebook page. Omegas dismantling, mail order parts & servicing. Tech 2 services available.

bighed

• Shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2008, 13:44:27 »

Interesting thanks for input guys. Im still going with my previous post as losing some sort of red fluid. Any how 2's??
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.