Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling Jimbob, Al, MarkDTM. Zafira B...  (Read 1852 times)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
Calling Jimbob, Al, MarkDTM. Zafira B...
« on: 27 August 2014, 12:59:11 »

My budget has increased to £5K max and I want to get a Zafira 1.8 Elite petrol. Problem is there aren't many at this price range but there are loads of SRi models. They look nice on the outside but they are look very basic inside. In terms of spec and equipment, am I right in thinking the SRi is second to the Elite? Similar to how the MV6 is compared the the Elite Omegas?

I notice the petrol Elites have different wheels to the equivalent diesel models. Jimbobs Elite has the alloys I would like. Were they an option on the petrol models?

Vauxhall haven't made it easy. Can someone briefly explain the optional extras available so I can decide what I would like to have.

Thanks

05omegav6

Re: Calling Jimbob, Al, MarkDTM. Zafira B...
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2014, 13:15:15 »

Exclusive has aircon, heated electric mirrors, electric front windows, 16" wheel trims and cloth seats...
Sri adds front fogs, 17" alloys and sports cloth, (think MV6) options include parking sensors, leather and Exterior Pack/XP which adds 18" wheels and body kit... looks alot smarter than it sounds, especially in white or dark grey met.
Design adds 17" alloys, single zone climate control, electric rear windows, 6 disc cd changer in head unit, half leather seats with better adjustment, trip computer and cruise control.
Elite adds dual zone climate control, full leather, with heated fronts...

Nav models have full colour satnav, with upgraded stereo. Adaptive xenons were available on SRi up, but very rare option... only ever seen one car with them fitted...

If you're going newer, post 2012, range reduced to Exclusive and Design... both available with Nav, Design now has parking sensors all round, heated front seats and, I believe cloth seats with better adjustment than the Exclusive ones...

Hope that helps :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2014, 13:17:02 »

Design is next one down from the Elite, Sri just below that.  :y

The wheels were more dependent on the Engine/chassis pack and normally came with the more powerful engines (e.g. the 150 bhp diesel had them, the 120 did not)

No climate control, cruise or multi disc changer on Design, only Elite had that those and even then, the headunit was only single disc.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2014, 13:19:10 by Marks DTM Calib »

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2014, 13:38:40 »

Wasn't a bad offthetopofmyhead guess  :P

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2014, 13:43:52 »

Wasn't a bad offthetopofmyhead guess  :P

Indeed, no dual zone climate either, only single.

Cruise is dead easy to retrofit so Design is a very good spec is you can live without climate and full leather (plus a few other bits)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2014, 19:07:38 »

Thanks for the info. My preferred spec would be Elite toys and interior with SRi exterior.   :-\   I dont think I could live with the SRi interior. Reminds my of my friends Astravan.  :(

Would do you have Mark?

Do you have one yet Al?

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2014, 22:50:41 »

Not yet :-X

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2014, 12:49:53 »

Thanks for the info. My preferred spec would be Elite toys and interior with SRi exterior.   :-\   I dont think I could live with the SRi interior. Reminds my of my friends Astravan.  :(

Would do you have Mark?

Do you have one yet Al?

I have a 1.9 CDTI 150 Elite with colour satnav and reverse parking sensors - 122K miles now (bought at around 9K miles) and still going well.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2014, 18:06:21 »

Would do you have Mark?

Do you have one yet Al?

I have a 1.9 CDTI 150 Elite with colour satnav and reverse parking sensors - 122K miles now (bought at around 9K miles) and still going well.

Barely 'run in' for an oil burner  :y but a bit of way to go to catch up my Octavia....which had 50k less miles on it, than the Passat i changed it for :)

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2014, 18:42:23 »

Looking at a 1.8 Capital... basically an Exclusiv with 17" alloys, parking sensors front and rear, cruise control and privacy glass :-\

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2014, 20:27:25 »

Where does the capital sit in the range? Front and rear sensors is a difficult combination to find. I have only seen one of them with the CD70 nav on the Elite and I missed it by a day.

I'm considering getting the SRi because Elites are just out of my budget but I need parking sensors and I haven't come across one with them on apart from aftermarket types. Did they have them as an option on the SRi?

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2014, 22:23:33 »

Where does the capital sit in the range? Front and rear sensors is a difficult combination to find. I have only seen one of them with the CD70 nav on the Elite and I missed it by a day.

I'm considering getting the SRi because Elites are just out of my budget but I need parking sensors and I haven't come across one with them on apart from aftermarket types. Did they have them as an option on the SRi?

Looking at a 1.8 Capital... basically an Exclusiv with 17" alloys, parking sensors front and rear, cruise control and privacy glass :-\
:y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2014, 08:29:04 »

CD70 and parking sensors are not hard to retrofit as is cruise etc

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 29 August 2014, 12:29:37 »

Does the CD70 have bluetooth capabilty? More to the point, is the dvd 90 viable :-\  if not I might go down the aftermarket route as I have a double din unit from the Omega...

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 August 2014, 13:04:13 »

You can add the Bluetooth module to any of the setups but it does require at least a GID screen.

DVD90 should work fine

05omegav6

« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2014, 18:12:47 »

You can add the Bluetooth module to any of the setups but it does require at least a GID screen.

DVD90 should work fine
Handy to know... Ta muchly :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 August 2014, 12:46:34 »

I'm widening my search because the number of 1.8 Elites are limited. I am now considering the 2.2. On paper there is only 9bhp but is there a real world performance increase from the 1.8 and is the extra fuel consumption worth it?

I'm a bit fed up of getting 250 miles from £88 which is why I wanted to be sensible and get the 1.8 but I sacrifice a bit if mpg if I could have an auto in the form of the 2.2

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 August 2014, 21:01:45 »

Auto will sap mpg around town. Absolutely muller it. If economy is important, and your driving is mostly town based, you need to stick to manual.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 31 August 2014, 23:05:19 »

Took a 1.6 from the local car supermarket place out for a spin... No 1.8s available... ::) Was spritely enough, empty, but think that it would struggle loaded... Averaged 30mpg on the 1.5 mile test route, which was ok.

Supermarket salesman tried to get me to commit to the 1.6, but didn't have any of it, and he kind of lost interest. Especially if the £13k he offered for the E class was anything to go by ;D

Vx salesman, whom I have bought four cars from agreed that the 1.8 was a much better proposition than the 1.6 :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 August 2014, 23:25:42 »

I wouldn't go lower than the 1.8, even the acceleration from the Omega is average when fully loaded. Fuel economy is not the most important factor but if I'm going to get poor mpg then I'd want good performance so I'll stick to manual. The manual 2.2 comes with 6 speed box right? So in theory it should be reasonably economical on longer runs?

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 August 2014, 23:33:05 »

Ignore that. I just re-read the post from humbucker in my other Zafira thread where he mentions he had the 2.2 in his Astra H and it was underpowered and thirsty.

So I'll be sticking to the 1.8
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.