Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stag 4 lpg set up help  (Read 1054 times)

4x4

stag 4 lpg set up help
« on: 27 August 2014, 22:43:15 »

i finally got a diagnostic lead for my stag lpg,had a play around with it,trying to sort out fuel gauge,i also updated firmware to latest from 6/2014,done a auto calibration,ive noticed that on the petrol injectors the injection time (ms) is around 2.3 mark,the lpg is around the 4.3 mark,does this need to reduced down so as to match the petrol injectors?

chrisgixer

Re: stag 4 lpg set up help
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2014, 00:54:20 »

Yes. Well, needs to be nearer to the petrol times at least. That's too much of a difference. Iirc injector times are within 1.0 of petrol on mine, although I'd need to check to confirm. See what others say though....

That figure may suggest, to my simple brain at least, that it may benefit from more vap pressure, or it may run out of injector duration at wot and run lean. Although it depends on the set up and your particular engine etc

But see what others say, ESP Mr Wood. :y
« Last Edit: 28 August 2014, 00:56:02 by chrisgixer »

4x4

« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2014, 17:24:56 »

Thanks gixer,might pm you over the weekend  :y

4x4

« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2014, 19:08:29 »

ive found out what fuel gauge i have and its a 90 ohm gauge,dont know if its rising or falling,when i fill tank it takes about 45ltrs,can somebody tell me how to set up the values for the fuel gauge,i know its divided by 5 but im not sure how you enter the values on the scree :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2014, 19:43:56 »

ive found out what fuel gauge i have and its a 90 ohm gauge,dont know if its rising or falling,when i fill tank it takes about 45ltrs,can somebody tell me how to set up the values for the fuel gauge,i know its divided by 5 but im not sure how you enter the values on the scree :y

See what figure it gives when fill. Then device that roughly by 4 steps. Then enter those values in each box in the right order. Again I'm vague as it was a while ago, but I do remember a lot of buggering about choosing settings that looked broadly in range of what it should be and increasing not decreasing, etc.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2014, 20:53:24 »

Ideally get an assistant to write down the values as you call out each 10l that goes in as you fill from empty.
Grumpy old man

4x4

« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2014, 16:56:43 »

i think ive got this all sorted,played around with the lpg map as it was starting to put the engine light on due to lean mixture,couple of runs on petrol and lpg got a decent map to go on and redid the lpg map,nearly the same as the petrol and feels like more power aswell  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2014, 09:09:50 »

i think ive got this all sorted,played around with the lpg map as it was starting to put the engine light on due to lean mixture,couple of runs on petrol and lpg got a decent map to go on and redid the lpg map,nearly the same as the petrol and feels like more power aswell  :y
Check the trims from the petrol ECU (via a code reader), and also ensure that it doesn't go lean at any point at WOT from idle all the way to as quick as your balls allow - if the fitted wired up the lamda signal, this should be visible on the graphs at the bottom of AC GasSyncro
Grumpy old man

4x4

« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2014, 15:58:50 »

Well a bit of an update,lpg gauge now works,bit of trial and error on the different sender units,and found the correct set up  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.