Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different fuel tank senders on older omegas? Range?  (Read 1104 times)

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Different fuel tank senders on older omegas? Range?
« on: 30 September 2014, 17:10:21 »

Hi. I've now almost successfully swapped the mid on my late 1994 omega. Rewired it from the old yellow and black plug to the new grey plug mid. Thanks to great help from this forum everything now works except the range. It got the right programcode now, an i have checked the wires many times. What happens is that on a full tank it will show a range of about 270 km. This will drop to 0 when i have about 45 litres left, and after that it just shows range F. After searching the internet i found this was a common problem on older omegas and i saw a guy saying it was a difference in the fuel sender units on older cars. After checking a parts suppliers website i saw there was a different kind of fuel sender unit up to chassisnr S105*****. (sometime in 1995) mine is late 1994 and well before the change in sender units. Different signal from old and new senders they say. Since i really dont wanna change both the sender unit and the clocks i was considering adding a resistance to the fuel level wire to the mid to Get the signal inside the range its expecting.

Do anybody know the ohm ranges on the old and new fuel sender units for the omega estate?

05omegav6

Re: Different fuel tank senders on older omegas? Range?
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2014, 20:00:47 »

Follow my Tid to Mid upgrade guide and wire the fuel sender as per the guide :y

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2014, 21:58:59 »

Thanks for the reply, looked through the guide now, but its already wired to the correct pin on the clocks through the original wiring. My problem is that the signal from the tank sender is different on 1994 and some 1995 cars. This signal works well for the original instrument cluster, but not so well for the new mid. If i knew the ohm range on the newer type estate fuel sender i could maybe modify the signal a bit with a resistor or something.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2014, 22:04:50 »

Ah got you...

Would a later sender work :-\

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2014, 22:32:44 »

Yes. Guess i will finally have to bite the bullet and Get a later sender and also later type instrument cluster :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.