Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 22:47:58 
Started by P6UL K - Last post by Diamond Black Geezer
even if youre able to see the temp sender, and the spade connector is on it, theres still the chance that the copper is suitably corroded after 20 ish years.
Certainly when I replaced mine I found the original was 'silted up' inside and the cars actual temp reading changed when the new one went in.

To be fair theres a ton of jobs that require the plenum off for a v6, so could be worth doing the lot in one go.
Plugs,
Plenum seals
Ht leads
Coil pack
Cleaning out the dried cruddy oil from the plenum
Ditto for the breather hoses (not strictly necessary to remove plenum, admittedly)
Coolant temp sensor
Check for potential leaks/corrosion on the bridge between cylinder banks
Possibly replace these hoses (sit above the exhaust, take a battering with extremes of temperature, a wonder they last as long as they do)
check conditon of oil cooler plate (they rot from inside out)
Thermostat

Joys of v6 ownership  ;)

on: Today at 22:36:48 
Started by terry paget - Last post by terry paget
My sister came round yesterday with her car, and I intended to replace her locking wheel nuts with 4 Omega straight wheel screws - no chance, The Mokka uses nuts, not screws, and in the box containing the LWNRT were no simple nuts, so I could not replace the locking nuts with simple nuts. So next time she gets a puncture, she will again have to phone the AA and let them recover her and car to a tyre shop, and good luck to her.

on: Today at 22:34:25 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Rods2

All debateable of course, but that is why Hitler is so outstanding. ;)

I think that's an unfortunate turn of phrase Lizzie.  :-\  ::)

I don't think so as he is outstanding amongst modern megalomaniacs for his ability to manipulate, coerce, almost hypnotize massive numbers of people (just read the accounts of those who met him, heard him, and gathered at the infamous Nazis rallies)  to commit to not only war but mass genocide, and an evil rarely seen at such magnitude. Stalin and Mao were responsible for terrible acts to so many of their fellow countrymen, but Hitler targeted men, women and children, across many nations, just because of their ethnic background or physical ability, with experimentation carried out on some of them to find out what caused their "flaws" or "differences", before gassing them. He managed to convince tens of thousands of what would have been previously considered well balanced people to fall into his spell and commit to such evil it is hard for us to understand or forgive. Oh yes, he was outstanding, but for all the wrong reasons that can rarely be contributed to one human being, that even as a Christian I find hard to forgive even if I have the right to do so. >:( >:( >:(

I know you like to give the Soviets/Communists/Marxists/Maoists a free pass on their atrocities but why does Stalin's treatment of Poland and other European states differ from what Hitler did? This was not within the pre-1939 USSR, but where the USSR invaded Poland and annexed other Eastern European states. :(

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP7.ADDENDA.HTM

on: Today at 22:31:53 
Started by tunnie - Last post by Sir Tigger QC
Tempted to buy that software that cannot be named....

That said not plugged my code reader in yet, dunno if it can see DPF data.
Why? Donít overthink it, just make sure it gets a run. Weekly I would say.

Tunnie dosn't know what to do with himself now he can't weigh the ash in his DPF!  ;D

on: Today at 22:02:28 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by jimmy944
I just feel sorry for the poor sods who had to clean him up.

And anyone he landed on.

on: Today at 21:59:04 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by STEMO
You can almost feel the moment that panic set in. He must have known what was coming.....

on: Today at 21:55:15 
Started by tunnie - Last post by STEMO

Why? Donít overthink it, just make sure it gets a run. Weekly I would say.

on: Today at 21:53:38 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Rods2
Make a video for your followers by hanging off the edge of a 62 story building doing pull-ups. What could possibly go wrong? :o :o :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5166849/Chinese-rooftopper-unwittingly-films-death.html

He intended to use the money from the video to buy a proposal gift for his girlfriend.

on: Today at 21:28:56 
Started by P6UL K - Last post by VXL V6
Sometimes notchy steering can be down to the top mount bearings

on: Today at 20:58:16 
Started by tunnie - Last post by tunnie

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 11 queries.