Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing crank sensor on a 2.2 petrol Omega  (Read 9065 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Changing crank sensor on a 2.2 petrol Omega
« on: 15 February 2014, 15:58:09 »

In case anyone needs to do this job, here are my notes, having just done the job.I have a pit which helps, but the bones of the job are the same.
1. Remove nearside engine mounting and bracket.
2. Remove dip stick tube.
3, Locate crank sensor. It is on the nearside of the engine, at the front, below the power steering pump. The lead can be followed crossing above the cam belt cover on clips and diving down to disappear below the power steering pump.
4.Undo the single bolt holding the sensor. It has an E10 Torx male head, but an 8mm spanner will undo it.
5. Remove sensor from its hole in the block. Unclip the cable from the connector on RHS top of engine. Tie a string to the connector, and tie other end to a handy hose.
6. Pull sensor, cable and connector out from below power steering pump, dragging the string behind them.
7. Untie string from connector of old sensor and tie it to connector of new sensor cable in such a way that the connector follows it in line with the string.
8. Pull connector of new sensor cable with string from sensor position to connector position.
9. Insert new sensor in hole, align bolt hole with thread in block (I did this with an Allen key) and insert bolt
10. Replace nearside engine mounting and bracket.
11. Test.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.