Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington's disease  (Read 871 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Huntington's disease
« on: 11 December 2017, 18:37:25 »

Is a terrible incurable brain degenerative disease caused by a defective gene. But a new drug trail is showing real promise is stopping the disease through injecting the drug into the person's spinal fluid. This major breakthrough may have major implications for the treatment of other brain degenerative diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42308341
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington's disease
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2017, 20:46:55 »

It is good news. I always thought although it is incurable if those at risk didnt breed that it would just die out.

I wonder when they stopped calling it Huntingtons Chorea? Maybe it is easier just to call it Huntingtons.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

Re: Huntington's disease
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2017, 09:47:36 »

It is good news. I always thought although it is incurable if those at risk didnt breed that it would just die out.

Honestly part of the reasons I never wanted to have kids - my (maternal) grandfather had Parkinsons and suffered a slow, 40 year decline (and that's without getting to all the cancer & heart disease that runs in the family!).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.