Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear suspension problems  (Read 4959 times)

mandula

• Finland
    • Opel Omega -03, Z22XE man
    • View Profile
Re: Rear suspension problems
« Reply #15 on: 08 February 2018, 06:56:09 »

Does both springs have the same part number?
I cant think what else could cause that than different spring constants on springs, if nothing else have been changed than springs and before it was OK.

You could also test to change springs to opposite sides, does it change the side of lower corner or does it remain the same?
If it changes, then its the springs. If it doesn't, then there is something weird at chassis. Well I don't know for sure, but just for thought  ::)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 February 2018, 12:15:50 »

hi. just because its sitting lower at the back doesnt necesarily mean the problem is at the back. unless the car is twisted which i dont imagine it will be then if you have one side higher at the back this could mean the front opposite corner is low.you realy need to confirm ride heights to see if its the back or front.they can all be slightly different.mine is a 2003 cdx and as a basic look out of my window at it you can see a good couple of inches between the top of the front tyre and arch and possibly 3” on the back wheel but as i say they will all be slightly different due to age,different specs,different makes of spring etc.
so.starting at the back first i assume this problem was also there with the old springs and new ones are the same even if you swap them side to side ?.
as been mentioned the springs both have their rubbers and no signs of any rusting or other damage to the seats ?.
no obvious faults / equal gaps etc between side crossmember mounts (donuts!) and the rear diff mounts.
no obvious damage /bends or otherwise to rear arms .
no different tyre sizes fitted !
then moving on to the front.have you done any work to springs,strut top mounts etc and with suspension hanging free can you confirm the springs are not broken,no evidence of broken ends even thou the broken bit may have fallen out.(they dont usually!)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 February 2018, 15:44:18 »

anything to report yet ?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.