Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syria Chemical weapons retaliation  (Read 7455 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Syria Chemical weapons retaliation
« on: 11 April 2018, 08:15:46 »

What does the team think about any/the retaliation by the West against Syria for the probable use of chemical weapons.?

For my part it seems strange that after all this time and previous use of chemical weapons , the West is now baying for retaliation.

How bizarre would it be if the West does a military strike against Syria and weakens them and thus helps so called Satanic State. Mind you it would help the Kurds who Turkey (part of NATO).
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Syria Chemical weapons retaliation
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2018, 08:35:36 »

Some years ago with the "Arab Spring" the Western liberals were all feeling pretty smug about the democratising and the removal of various oppressive governments and leaders. How many of those countries are actually better off today ?

Will The West strike again Syria ? Hmmmm, will Russia rush to Assads defence if that happens ? Would it simple make Assad even more determined ? What a can of worms . . . .
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2018, 09:57:36 »

We're not allowed to have a war in Europe anymore, the Belgian's get upset, so the middle East is were we now play war, all put a proxy war.
Hoof'land storeman.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2018, 10:43:22 »

We're not allowed to have a war in Europe anymore, the Belgian's get upset, so the middle East is were we now play war, all put a proxy war.

After Brexit . . . . can we have another war with the French ? I mean it's been a while, around 200 years  ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2018, 12:20:51 »

I personally are all for leaving the rag heads to themselves BUT we have a very large problem with the mad mullah in Iran and Rods gangster friend over in Moscow.
If we (the west) don't put the mad oppsers back in there place NOW, we will be looking over our shoulders for ever imo.
After the wall got knocked over back in 89, we (the west) thought it was all over and the world will be a nice friendly place with everybody living happily inside there borders.
One of the problems is Russia and its paranoia about its borders.
As the EU crept further and further east, the Russians got more and more bitter and paranoid.
Now the west are soft, spineless and full of shit.
Our armed forces are that depleted that unless NATO all pulled together and lets be honest here, NATO couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery  >:(  we wouldn't stand a chance of stopping Russia from expanding west when it feels the time is right.
Iran will not stop until it ably supported by its new best friend, Putin control the middle east  :'(

Saudi has nukes hidden away imo and lets not forget the red sea pedestrians who will quite happily turn middle east into a glass carpark if they feel they have no other choice  :( :'(

So what we have here is a cluster opps  :(
A 3rd world war been played out in the dessert in all but name  :(

The yanks could flatten Iran and Syria in weeks. The only question is would Russia protect Assad and how far would they go (and I mean tactical nukes here) ? 
Also would the yanks have the balls to nuke the Russian forces in retaliation ?

I spent the last 3 years of my service in sausage land during the late 80's when we knew that if it kicked off, we would be dead within a week  :'(
End of, no get out of jail free card ......... we would either be bombed, gassed or nuked so I tend to have a blasé attitude to this sort of shit BUT this is worrying me because where will it stop ? :(

Its not about chemical weapons anymore ................. its about if we have the balls to stand up to the new Russian / Iranian alliance which imo will not stop here if left alone to there own devices  :(

Its coming OOFers, get your tin hats ready because this is not going away ....................   :(

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2018, 12:52:59 »

As far as I can see, it's inevitable. We have avoided it in the past due to one side (usually Russia) backing off, but I don't think Putin will back off. How many times, both known to Joe Public and unknown, have we come back from the brink? There has to come a time when we won't.
In the West, we are far to used to 'being in charge (and 'in the right'). We are not in charge now.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2018, 12:55:22 by STEMO »

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2018, 13:03:01 »

On the news now:
Trump: Get ready for missile strikes in Syria, Russia

Russia: We will shoot them down.

It's getting lively.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2018, 13:16:08 »

I think I'll start digging a hole in my garden.  ???

It might be my grave, it might be my bomb shelter. It depends how much time I have.  :P  ;D

Alternatively I might emigrate to the far south of New Zealand.  :y

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2018, 13:17:16 »

On the news now:
Trump: Get ready for missile strikes in Syria, Russia

Russia: We will shoot them down.

It's getting lively.

We will shoot some of them down  ;)
The REAL question is ............... Who is going to target who directly first ?
The yanks with a SEAD strike against the Russians missile battery's for daring to stop the tomahawks OR the Russians targeting the yanks which are firing the tomahawks ?

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2018, 13:19:08 »

It might be my grave, it might be my bomb shelter. It depends how much time I have.  :P  ;D

Stay were you are Tiggs, your safe  :)
There is nothing worth bombing in Dorset anyway  :P ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2018, 13:27:32 »

We've had it in Barnsley. They'll do Leeds to the north and Sheffield to the south, so we get fried, just more slowly. They'll be on gas mark 8 and we'll slow roast on about 4.  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2018, 13:30:59 »

We've had it in Barnsley. They'll do Leeds to the north and Sheffield to the south, so we get fried, just more slowly. They'll be on gas mark 8 and we'll slow roast on about 4.  ;D

I've no work on this afternoon, I think I might watch Threads again  :y ;D ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2018, 13:32:36 »

I personally are all for leaving the rag heads to themselves BUT we have a very large problem with the mad mullah in Iran and Rods gangster friend over in Moscow.
If we (the west) don't put the mad oppsers back in there place NOW, we will be looking over our shoulders for ever imo.
After the wall got knocked over back in 89, we (the west) thought it was all over and the world will be a nice friendly place with everybody living happily inside there borders.
As the EU crept further and further east, the Russians got more and more bitter and paranoid.
Our armed forces are that depleted that unless NATO all pulled together and lets be honest here, NATO couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery  >:(  we wouldn't stand a chance of stopping Russia from expanding west when it feels the time is right.
Iran will not stop until it ably supported by its new best friend, Putin control the middle east  :'(

Saudi has nukes hidden away imo and lets not forget the red sea pedestrians who will quite happily turn middle east into a glass carpark if they feel they have no other choice  :( :'(

The yanks could flatten Iran and Syria in weeks. The only question is would Russia protect Assad and how far would they go (and I mean tactical nukes here) ? 

I spent the last 3 years of my service in sausage land during the late 80's when we knew that if it kicked off, we would be dead within a week  :'(
End of, no get out of jail free card ......... we would either be bombed, gassed or nuked so I tend to have a blasé attitude to this sort of shit BUT this is worrying me because where will it stop ? :(

Its not about chemical weapons anymore ................. its about if we have the balls to stand up to the new Russian / Iranian alliance which imo will not stop here if left alone to there own devices  :(

Its coming OOFers, get your tin hats ready because this is not going away ....................   :(

You forgot to mention Russia annexing The UK. It would be a good fit. Nice climate, banking, access to GCHQ intel and of course access to the North Atlantic. A puppet government led by Corbyn would be compliant. The ethnics could live in small to medium housing leaving the nicer houses to oligarchs and favoured lackies.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2018, 13:32:44 »

Good idea. Cheer you up no end.  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2018, 13:42:34 »

You forgot to mention Russia annexing The UK. It would be a good fit. Nice climate, banking, access to GCHQ intel and of course access to the North Atlantic. A puppet government led by Corbyn would be compliant. The ethnics could live in small to medium housing leaving the nicer houses to oligarchs and favoured lackies.

Well Corbin has been telling everybody that he will be prime minister within 12 months  :-\
There coming I tell yeh ............. The reds, there coming  ;D ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2018, 13:43:00 »

Good idea. Cheer you up no end.  ;D

Pleasure  :-* :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2018, 13:55:14 »

There is nothing worth bombing in Dorset anyway :P ;D ;D

Don't you believe it.  We've got oil!  :P  :y

And cows.  Lots of cows!  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2018, 14:42:42 »

There is nothing worth bombing in Dorset anyway :P ;D ;D

Don't you believe it.  We've got oil!  :P  :y

And cows.  Lots of cows!  ;D
You've got gas too, then.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 April 2018, 15:12:03 »

If the Russian's nuke Barnsley 95% of the world's most beautiful women will be killed in one go. ::) ::) :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 April 2018, 20:40:36 »

Apparently the Russians have said that not only would they shoot down any incoming missiles they would also target the launch platforms.The Americans I think could just about let slide their missiles being shot down,but there is no way they'd sit still for their ships/submarines/aircraft etc being targeted.
It was said many years ago that should there ever be a WWIII it would kick off in the middle east and that could well be the truth.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 April 2018, 21:16:59 »

If the Russian's nuke Barnsley 95% of the world's most beautiful women will be killed in one go. ::) ::) :)

Actually I think that the women of Barnsley are so tough that they'd survive anything Uncle Vlad chucked at them!  ::)

In the nuclear wasteland that was Barnsley, the only thing moving was women (in LBD's and heels!) and cockroches.  Imagine the resulting offspring!  :o  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 April 2018, 11:55:57 »

Have you been stockpiling? Have you even got a bunker!?

Russian state-owned television is urging the country’s residents to stock their bunkers with water and basic foodstuffs because Moscow could go to war with Washington

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/russia-prepares-for-nuclear-war-with-us/ar-AAvMByY?ocid=spartanntp

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 12 April 2018, 12:01:12 »

Russian state-owned television is urging the country’s residents to stock their bunkers with water and basic foodstuffs because Moscow could go to war with Washington

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/russia-prepares-for-nuclear-war-with-us/ar-AAvMByY?ocid=spartanntp
In my bunker, under the stairs, I've got two bottles of whiskey and 20 fags. That should see me through the few hours I hope to survive.

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 April 2018, 12:09:49 »

And a bag that used to have sweets in it  :P
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 April 2018, 12:12:26 »

I think we are both heading for a new cold war and that the middle east is going to be a mess for decades to come. I'm not sure anything the west does or doesn't do is going to change that.

Last time Asshat used chemical weapons against his own people, Cameron faffed about trying to sell it to parliament and Obama blinked first. I do think the west needs to re-assert the red line on chemical weapons: use them and expect to have the capability to do so removed.

It will upset relations with Russia but, hell, they were going South rapidly anyway. ::)

I don't have a bunker - I wouldn't want to miss the best firework display ever. 8)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 April 2018, 13:02:43 »

Actually I think that the women of Barnsley are so tough that they'd survive anything Uncle Vlad chucked at them!  ::)

In the nuclear wasteland that was Barnsley, the only thing moving was women (in LBD's and heels!) and cockroches.  Imagine the resulting offspring!  :o  ;D

This has been par the course in Barnsley for years  ;D ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 April 2018, 13:05:03 »

Standard FSB tactics to mould the Russian publics view on all this and make out that its the evil west who is the bad guy

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 12 April 2018, 14:35:52 »

It just doesn't work when you can't spell cockroaches. Makes you appear even thicker than people from, say, Barnsley. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 April 2018, 18:12:54 »

It just doesn't work when you can't spell cockroaches. Makes you appear even thicker than people from, say, Barnsley. ::)

Fick? Me?  ???  I fink you now wot I ment.  :P  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 April 2018, 20:35:12 »

Trump has the attention span of a toddler.

First he wants to lick Putin's arse........then he wants to nuke him......now it looks like they will be 'bezzie mates' again very soon.

.......unless he decides to bomb Syria.

STEMO

« Reply #30 on: 12 April 2018, 21:19:06 »

Trump has the attention span of a toddler.

First he wants to lick Putin's arse........then he wants to nuke him......now it looks like they will be 'bezzie mates' again very soon.

.......unless he decides to bomb Syria.
We've got an arrogant dictator on one side and a petulant amateur on the other. Both think the other will back down. Hardly a state of affairs anyone could feel comfortable with.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 April 2018, 22:59:32 »

Syria is a Baathist regime, no dissimilar to Irag under Saddam. A feature of this type of regime is that it doesn't allow opposition or alternatives, and so if it collapses there is nothing to replace it, and chaos ensues.
It is now widely accepted that the lesser of the evils in the aftermath of invading Iraq, would have been to allow the lower level Baathist commanders to continue to run the state machine ,with some oversight from the U.S. or UN for the short and medium term.
So my theory with Syria is that the West should try to do a deal with Putin, where his sphere of influence there isn't compromised, but he delivers Assad and his generals to a war crimes tribunal, but his lower orders continue to run the state with Russiioan supervision.
Also access must be given to UN  inspectors to ensure no slaughter of innocents by any of the factions concerned.
Probably unlikely to happen , but the alternatives are to ignore it and let things get worse, or risk a U.S.(and the West) war with Russia.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 April 2018, 00:08:49 »

So the Barnsley warning siren is when you shite yourself due to the balloon going up or another involuntary senior moment? :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 14 April 2018, 07:24:16 »

Bombing of a few chemical weapons sites overnight. Over to you, Russia.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 April 2018, 07:52:58 »

According to the news report I saw this morning "our" side claim these missile strikes were a success, while the Syrians claim it as a vindication of their defences that they shot down 13[a few minutes later reduced to 12 :o] of  the missiles.Meanwhile the Russians and Iran say there will be repercussions,so keep digging those holes in your garden folks!

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 14 April 2018, 08:02:13 »

I don't believe Syria shot down any missiles but, even if they managed 12, another 100 odd got through.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 April 2018, 09:15:26 »

How cometherehasbeen nothing on theUK news about this , this morning? I would have thought SkyNewswould have covered it!

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 14 April 2018, 09:25:21 »

Been bugger all else on the BBC.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 April 2018, 12:24:42 »

How cometherehasbeen nothing on theUK news about this , this morning? I would have thought SkyNewswould have covered it!
Perhaps the Spanish media don,t want to offend the Muslim states across the Straits of Gibralter. It ain,t far.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14 April 2018, 21:54:02 »

Wonder if we'll start getting some of those public information films like there were back in the '60s[?]telling us to hide under/behind tables or if out for a family picnic to lay down and get covered by the picnic blanket-I don't think either of those came with a guarantee of success though ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14 April 2018, 23:03:31 »

They may as well have advised us to put our head between our legs, and kiss our arse goodbye. At least that would have been honest.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14 April 2018, 23:40:47 »

I always find it bizarre that before, during or after some military action politicians, press and whoever debate and discuss the "legality" of it. Since when has kicking the s**t out of somebody been legal ? I'm not criticising the military action, I just find discussing "legality" a bit effin strange. If country A wants to bomb, invade or whatever country B, then they're going to do it. And as for having a parliamentary vote on it, FFS. Decision by committee simply doesn't work, and just imagine how long it would take. Longer than another chemical attack I'm sure. Decision is leave Assad alone to murder and maim whoever he wants, or intervene.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 15 April 2018, 00:08:16 »

It's quite possible that if David Cameron hadn't consulted Parliament and just got on with the job in 2013, we wouldn't be where we are today and the Russians wouldn't have been emboldened to jump into the vacuum left by the Western world.  :-\

Whether the situation in Syria would be better or worse for that we'll never know.....  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15 April 2018, 01:36:42 »

I suspect that Syria only gets news coverage because of the sheer number of refugees trying to get to Europe.

This is in no way meant as a positive reflection on society as a whole.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2018, 01:40:34 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 15 April 2018, 08:27:47 »

Without full on intervention by others i.e. invasion/war*Assad will eventually win,so why use such weapons in the first place?Plenty enough people are dying by the use of conventional weapons.Why bus "rebels" from one city they've been blowing the crap out of for months to another city/stronghold area to begin all over again?Chemical weapon useage is afaik outlawed[and therefore illegal?] by international convention yet the debate is over the legality of attacking sites where they're developed/stored/tested.

*I'm in no way advocating this course of action.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 15 April 2018, 16:15:34 »

I think after the chemical weapons proliferation to Salisbury & Assad's continued use of chemical bombs that the West would have to show their disapproval.

Where Trump is a well run Putin asset with a back-channel link from a Trump Tower server linked to the Kremlin controlled Alpha bank, I'm sure it was all agreed beforehand, which is why Syria had allegedly evacuated all personnel from the targets well before they were attacked.

The end result is that the West have shown they will do an ineffective something. Corbyn was played & has played the fool again. Putin was able to show his belligerence and bolster his importance to his economically suffering domestic audience & along with Assad was able to claim that their joint military might 'shot' them all down at the cost of all the 'weak' buildings at the targets collapsing as a result of the 'mid-air interceptions'. ;D ;D ;D So all sides are happy with this 'dishonourable' draw. The West/Trump have shown he will do something that the weak Obama/Dems wouldn't & will keep reminding voters of this as we approach the November 2018 mid-term elections & has also reminded the world what has been known since WWI that airborne bombs will always get through, Putin is happy as he was able to strut his importance on the world stage again, Assad had a few buildings destroyed & will continue with his vile chemical attacks & other crimes against humanity as the worst that could happen to him is a few more life sentences at The Hague & life goes on for everybody else. ??? ??? ???

The technical term for the whole charade is called grandstanding.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 15 April 2018, 16:37:03 »

Here endeth the lesson for the day.  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 April 2018, 17:57:15 »

Trump is imposing even more sanctions on his boss in the Kremlin tomorrow.  ::)
Theres a server in Trump tower which passes orders to Trump from his masters in Russia, and the powers that be in the U.S don't know about it ?
Ive heard fish fart and seen the bubbles.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 15 April 2018, 18:13:10 »

Theres a server in Trump tower which passes orders to Trump from his masters in Russia, and the powers that be in the U.S don't know about it ?
These are whoppers......whale farts if you will.  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15 April 2018, 22:35:47 »

Of course it is known about and has been since 2017. There is nothing inherently illegal is having direct links between servers and many companies do, not only to different company locations but also to third parties for data analysis and off site backups etc. What is illegal is if you use it for illegal activities. The talk and allegations are that this has been used for passing illegal hacked state voter lists to Russia to have the data 'preserved' by the FSB/GRU and washed for use by Cambridge Analytica for directly targeting voters. If true, this will form part of any collusion prosecution. It is still used according to traffic analysis and maybe being used as a Trump / Putin back channel which the NSA or more likely other 5 eyes countries may have SIGINT from.

Hillary Clinton has also had her illegal server and email scandal while Secretary of State and may also end up prosecuted over this and it cost her the election. When the US electorate only had the choice of two crooks for president in the November 2016 election it shows the danger of the GOP/Dem monopoly over US democracy.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15 April 2018, 23:53:21 »

4 Tornado bombers launched storm shadow missiles  :y
I seem to remember reading the other year, that the MOD were phasing out the Tornado jets
I just wonder how many GR4 aircraft are currently serviceable  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16 April 2018, 00:48:19 »

At least four, clearly...
Onanists always think outside the box.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16 April 2018, 09:26:27 »

I seem to remember reading the other year, that the MOD were phasing out the Tornado jets

Not many I can assure you  :(

aaronjb

« Reply #53 on: 16 April 2018, 09:34:51 »

At least four, clearly...

Probably accurate!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 April 2018, 09:40:13 »

Saw an interesting survey of UK folk. Question asked was should Uk have got involved with this action over chemical weapons?

Result was very roughly a third yes, a third no and a third don't know. On expat forums there is mostly vitriol for Mays actions - she is after all the person guiding the UK out of the EU. Mind you the same forums spout theories that the CIA and Boris Johnson were behind the Salisbury poisonings and the Russians are the injured party!

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16 April 2018, 09:58:00 »

There are 20 or 21 Tornados still at RAF Marham (depends if ZA449 is still in service or not), and 8 out in Cyprus. All of these are 'airworthy' although on any particular day some are bound to be broken. Tornado out of service date is believed to be the end of May 2019.  The first few (rumour is 8 ) RAF F-35's are supposed to arrive at Marham in late May 2018 (which probably means mid June!).  These may be (but probably won't be) operational by the time Tornado is binned, but won't be Storm Shadow capable for the foreseeable future, if ever.

Typhoon is currently in trials for Storm Shadow, and last I heard these should be cleared to service later this year. Suspect a Typhoon will only normally carry 1 though due to the fact it has to be mounted on a wing pylon which is usually used for a fuel drop tank. Carrying 2 would means internal fuel only, thus restricting useful range.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16 April 2018, 22:28:04 »

There are 20 or 21 Tornados still at RAF Marham (depends if ZA449 is still in service or not), and 8 out in Cyprus. All of these are 'airworthy' although on any particular day some are bound to be broken. Tornado out of service date is believed to be the end of May 2019.  The first few (rumour is 8 ) RAF F-35's are supposed to arrive at Marham in late May 2018 (which probably means mid June!).  These may be (but probably won't be) operational by the time Tornado is binned, but won't be Storm Shadow capable for the foreseeable future, if ever.

Typhoon is currently in trials for Storm Shadow, and last I heard these should be cleared to service later this year. Suspect a Typhoon will only normally carry 1 though due to the fact it has to be mounted on a wing pylon which is usually used for a fuel drop tank. Carrying 2 would means internal fuel only, thus restricting useful range.

Cheers for that  :y  for the time being, lets hope the numbers don`t twindle any lower.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16 April 2018, 22:47:05 »

Wrong, Typhoon carries a 1000ltr tank on the centre line pylon  :)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 17 April 2018, 10:29:45 »

Wrong, Typhoon carries a 1000ltr tank on the centre line pylon  :)

True, but centre line tank is only 264 gallons/1200kg. Wing tanks can be double that size at 528 gallons/2400 kg. Internal fuel is 1500 gallons / 6800 kg.

The extra drag from carrying external fuel means it's usually only 'worth' about half what internal fuel is, so adding 264ga to an internal 1500ga only adds about 10% to the range. 

Early mock-ups showed two Storm Shadows being carried on the heavy inboard pylon, leaving the middle 'wet' pylon for a drop tank. However, all the photos of test flights show the missile fitted to the middle (wet) pylon, so presumably there is some issue with fitting it inboard. 

Tornado can carry 4 Storm Shadows, but in practice it never does because it needs the extra pylon space for fuel in drop tanks.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 17 April 2018, 13:10:58 »

Trump is imposing even more sanctions on his boss in the Kremlin tomorrow::)

His boss has obviously had a quiet word on why he installed in the WH as Trump has deferred the new sanctions. >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 17 April 2018, 13:28:48 »

Apparently the chemical weapons inspectors are to be allowed access to the site, 4 days after arriving in Damascus.  The Syrians and Russians have not allowed them to go to Douma citing security concerns, despite journalists having been there since the attack 11 days ago.  ::)

There have also been Russian troops on the ground, but Sergei Lavrov denies that there has been any tampering or interference with any evidence.......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17 April 2018, 13:36:33 »

Apparently the chemical weapons inspectors are to be allowed access to the site, 4 days after arriving in Damascus.  The Syrians and Russians have not allowed them to go to Douma citing security concerns, despite journalists having been there since the attack 11 days ago.  ::)

There have also been Russian troops on the ground, but Sergei Lavrov denies that there has been any tampering or interference with any evidence.......

Ahh, OK, so it's been replacement of evidence, presumably? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 17 April 2018, 13:38:51 »

Ahh, OK, so it's been replacement of evidence, presumably? ::)

Evidenceski? What evidenceski?  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 17 April 2018, 14:51:57 »

This is an insightful article written by a former British Intelligence offer who has worked in the Middle East which shows the sort of due process that intelligence goes through to confirm what has likely happened and where the weapons we stored and collected from. This is the sort of information that the UK, US and French Governments will have used before launching their attacks.

http://greyharemedia.com/intelligence/

I've built up quite a big Twitter network of key players or former key players in the intelligence, armed forces, politicians, academics, analysts and journalists over the last 4 years who deliver, cross reference and corroborate stories and I trust. One of them is the German journalist Julian Ropcke  who works for German newspaper Bild and has covered Ukrainian & Syrian wars. If you want to see the aftermath of the Douma attack. But be warned the pictures are very graphic and potentially upsetting. His twitter account can be viewed here:

https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke

What this does clearly illustrate is what a tool / useful fool Corbyn is and how much he is allegedly owned by Russia and Iran. >:( >:( >:(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.