Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: We know they can't fix cars but ....  (Read 3349 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
We know they can't fix cars but ....
« on: 30 January 2019, 21:52:04 »

aaronjb

Re: We know they can't fix cars but ....
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2019, 22:04:39 »

My bet: Ransomware.
Likely because someone likes to watch pr0n on their work PC ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2019, 22:06:13 »

I really can't believe people still take their cars to Kwik fit, heard years ago how bad they were and am pleased to say have never used them.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2019, 08:58:39 »

I really can't believe people still take their cars to Kwik fit, heard years ago how bad they were and am pleased to say have never used them.

It's a bit like going to British Gas. Shocking service but still they queue up with the vaseline. My M.I.L. has heard me whining about the British Gas cowboy boiler installations in both her current house and the previous one (where she paid double the going rate for a sh1te job, as is commonplace). She's recently found a decent, honest local plumber at my recommendation, and been delighted with his work. The fuse on her boiler circuit blew a couple of days ago and half way through diagnosing it on the phone I get "I think I'll just phone British Gas". Gaaah! ::)

The thing is, if they rebranded to call themselves "Foreign Gas" they probably wouldn't get touched with a bargepole. ;D

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2019, 14:37:25 »

Nor can I! :y :y

Perhaps one such person who did out of ignorance took their car to them and was fleeced so decided to give KF an even bigger problem!

If so, they deserve a medal :D :D ;)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2019, 15:07:25 »

Airbus have annouced a breach of their employee's presonal and credential data.  I didn't laugh (much) ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2019, 16:06:18 »

Bank keep asking me to go to online banking every time i use the local branch. No thanks, says i, don,t trust you to keep my details secure. Trouble is, can you trust anyone with it when buying on line as well?  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2019, 17:18:43 »

Bank keep asking me to go to online banking every time i use the local branch. No thanks, says i, don,t trust you to keep my details secure. Trouble is, can you trust anyone with it when buying on line as well?  :-\
I suspect if the bank was compromised/breached, your data would be included along with everyone elses', irrespective of whether or not you use online wanking.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2019, 19:16:10 »

I love online banking. It makes everything so simple. I can apply for a loan at 10:00 and it's in my account by 10:05. I can repay said loan instantly. Payments to other accounts are almost instant with faster payments. Switch my debit card on and off, set up standing orders, etc, etc.
Lovely  :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2019, 19:27:36 »

Sounds like they haven't fixed their IT problems with the only tools to hand: An air impact driver, breaker bar with 3m scaffold extension and Sammy yet then. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2019, 21:11:49 »

Airbus have annouced a breach of their employee's presonal and credential data.  I didn't laugh (much) ::)

Revenge attack?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2019, 22:22:48 »

Why not? They're a perfect example of branding, high profile advertising and lots prime retail sites. Their customers are the car owners who neither know, nor want to know anything about their cars. Most of us are like that about some aspect of our lives: I use computers, but have no interest in them.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 31 January 2019, 23:17:43 »

Why not? They're a perfect example of branding, high profile advertising and lots prime retail sites. Their customers are the car owners who neither know, nor want to know anything about their cars. Most of us are like that about some aspect of our lives: I use computers, but have no interest in them.
Because I personally don't like being conned into having unnecessary work carried out on my vehicles, they are well known for this.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 February 2019, 19:55:51 »

I have to take my company Audi there, its a hard job getting them to change tyres until they are down to 2mm.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2019, 11:56:10 »

I have to take my company Audi there, its a hard job getting them to change tyres until they are down to 2mm.

I suggest that would not be due to Kwik Fitup, but your company / car lease company stipulating that is the maximum they should be before replacement as of course the legal minimum is 1.6mm.

From my experience Kwik Fitup would like nothing more, and try to, change tyres nowhere near being a problem with their tread. ::) ::) >:( >:( ;)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.