Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.0 16v X20XEV Ecotec Problems  (Read 516 times)

R-vin

• Trinidad, W.I.
  • Best Regards
    • View Profile
Omega 2.0 16v X20XEV Ecotec Problems
« on: 03 July 2011, 15:19:13 »

Hi, does any one have any advice on the following issues..

1. my throttle response does not match how i depress the accelerator...there is like a mis fire before it revs..no check engine light comes on, drives normally after this missfire(every time the accelerator is depressed), on one occasion the engine cut out twice on me trying to climb an elevationto get into a parking spot. i hear a small exhaust leak from the exhaust manifold on the engine..it has new BOSCH plugs in, a high volume air filter (did not have this trouble when the air filter was installed and the car has been only driven for less than 5K Km before this problem)

2. when i rev the engine and release the accelerator, i hear a "thuck" sound emminating from the area of the a/c compressor, i do not hear this when the a/c is switched off...

3. on the dash board ( GL model), when i switch on the a/c, the indicator light for the a/c switch does not illuminate, but the compressor runs when the switch is pressed and switches off when the switch is pressed again,
also the recirc does not work(i do not hear the damper closing as it used to (engine running of course)..the rear windshield defogger works, the light illuminates on the dash board, as well as the led on the rear view mirror control on the driver`s door illuminating when the defogger is used....?????
4. the automatic closing / opening door glass, only the front passenger door works...all other doors you have to keep the switch depressed to open/ close the windows...and the 3 of these do not work with the remote either..

please note i am the second owner of the car, it is doing 47k Km currently..and is rarely used, mostly sleeping out of the sun , can any one suggest any thing i can do for these issues?

thanks guys..
Omega Driver for Life..
R-vin

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.0 16v X20XEV Ecotec Problems
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2011, 15:22:05 »

First up, i'd do a paper clip test. Details in maintenance section  :y

Cam Sensor is weak link on the 4 pots, this failing can cause another of other random codes  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.