Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you addicted to your smart phone?  (Read 2776 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Are you addicted to your smart phone?
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2018, 19:06:03 »

At a personal level use it mainly for making and receiving calls, texts and when I'm out and about emails and the Internet.

At home I always use my computers as they have much bigger screens which is much easier with my poor eyesight and proper keyboards, although I have a proper Bluetooth keyboard on my ipad which also acts as a stand in landscape and portrait modes. I really dislike smart phone touch keyboards even though I've got reasonably proficient in using the iphone one.

At a professional level I use it and an ipad for testing website layouts.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2018, 19:49:37 »

It's not long ago I bought one-at least I think it's a smart phone :-\-it's a Samsung Galaxy Y,bought it 2nd hand for £20.Only reason for buying another phone was old one was beginning to fail.Only use mine to make/receive calls or send/receive texts,no interest in it after those have been fulfilled.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2018, 00:29:35 »

my son moved from York to Hampshire last year & last Friday he came up to see us & also have a night out with some pals. on the Saturday afternoon he sat on a sofa next to me & for over an hour he never spoke just sat clicking away on his mobile. infuriating. i find it ignorant.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 August 2018, 02:53:39 »

Mine is probably in use for around 80% of my waking hours mon-fri.

It acts as my satnav and it will probably take me 3-4different ways to work over a 2 week period and saves me hours of traffic. TA on the radio is no substitute for this. While it's doing that it also doubles as my DAB radio (via the internet).

At work, I manage a team of 6 (8 by Monday) who are often in 4-5 different places at the same time. I also need to be able to talk to a number of other people so I probably make/receive 2hrs of calls a day, plus texts and reading email when in not at my desk.

At home I usually use it to browse the forums I'm a member of and read the news. It also casts my music to my Sonos.

Addicted? No, no more than I'm addicted to my car, or washing machine, or push fit plumbing, or my dishwasher. They're all tools which make my life easier. I will use them as long as they continue to do that.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 02:55:10 by jimmy944 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.