Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: So who are we all - Meet and Greet  (Read 25034 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So who are we all - Meet and Greet
« Reply #90 on: 14 July 2006, 22:18:45 »

Right off to the pub, take care all  :)
Yeah, I had a decent night out planned, but I've felt so rough all week, I thought I'd give it a miss  :'(
Grumpy old man

MartinP

• Dudley
    • BMW 320D
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 15 July 2006, 00:19:22 »

Hi all

Name is Martin, age 44, wife and 4 kids, youngest of which is Mandy who several people on here will have met at a few meets associated with the other site.

I am a Maintenance/Technical Supervisor in an Electrical steel lamination stamping and diecasting company, been in the foundry industry all my working life.

Present drive is an Omega 3.0 MV6, ex plod, (on LPG),  had a dodgy autobox, dismantled it, coded the sumps amongst other bits and got it working. Now it needs some more TLC to make it a better drive.

Have previously benefitted from the knowledge of a few people now on here, so I am happy to support this new venture.

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 15 July 2006, 01:00:52 »

Hi all, after some effort and help from Laidback66 i managed to get on here. Most of you might remember me from vxon. My name is Kostas i'm 24 and i'm Greek, living in Darlington. I have been in the UK 5 years now and i'm a mechanical engineer working at an engine company, i'm married with Mireille who is Lebanese and i met her at the university 5 years ago. We have no kids at the moment,
My biggest interest is cars, HGVs, and tuning engines. Also i love cooking and listening to Jazz music.
Thats me briefly. At the moment i'm very sad as i had to cancel my long ago planned 3 week holiday to Lebanon.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 15 July 2006, 11:03:24 »

Morning all.... same Paul M from the vxon forums (is that a taboo word now?  :P ).

I'm 25, have a 1998 3.0 MV6 manual saloon that I affectionately call the "luxobarge", it's basically my runaround to keep the miles (and fuel cost) down on my proper car which is a BMW 840Ci 4.4 V8 6-speed manual. I did have a bike too, should have a 2003 GSXR-1000 now but the guy I was going to buy from messed me around a bit and I called off the sale so currently bikeless :'(

Anyway I'm a poor student... well sort of, I have full-time sponsorship from a company as part of my research (as part of the deal they get the rights to any IP generated) so I actually get paid more than most of my mates, best of both worlds :D

Oh and it seems I'm in the minority in this place not being married, and I intend to keep it that way! Playing the field is waaaay more fun, and I reckon I've got a few years of partying in me yet 8-)

L8r sk8ers ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 15 July 2006, 11:08:23 »

Welcome Kostas and Paul M :D
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #95 on: 15 July 2006, 19:43:40 »

Nice to see more of the old crowd here.

Are you reading my thread regarding evaporator feeds Paul?

archermk

• Roundabout City, Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 16 July 2006, 17:07:44 »

Hello all

My name is Jeremy, 49-ish from just north of Milton Keynes. I have a wife & 2 married daughters. I'm a chemical engineer (or was, once) and work in the cement industry.

I was born in Merseyside but my family joined the £10 migrant exodus in the late 60s so I spent many years in Perth & Melbourne. Like most poor students at the time, I got the hang of using a spanner fixing such gems as a Chrysler Valiant AP5 with a slant-6 engine, two Type-3 VWs with air-cooled flat-bed rear engines and a Renault 12 that I had to start each morning with a hammer.

In 1988 I got my first company car and managed to keep my hands clean at the company's expense more or less until last year. I left the co. car scheme and bought a 98 Elite 2.5V6 on eBay in allegedly pristine condition. Then I had it converted to LPG. My objective, comfortable but relatively cheap luxury. Anyway, "pristine" in some eBay seller's dictionary has the same meaning as "renovator's delight" in the real estate industry. Having changed the timing belt and tensioners (100k and never previously touched, that could be pristine I guess), the cam covers, the DIS pack, the tyres, the HT leads, the aux belt etc, its finally relatively satisfactory.

Again, congratulations to LB66, MarksDTM, TheBoy and RMcB for getting the site up & running so well.

Goonlord

• Gods Chosen Acre  Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 16 July 2006, 22:40:58 »

Hi all

My name is keith i'm 52 nearly married (until she wins the arm wrestling)

have worked all my life in the motor trade i did 12 years with BMW but i am better now
i work for one of the biggest manufacturers of electric fork lift trucks in the world
i drive a 2000 facelift 2.5 elite which is my pride and joy my only other hobby
is flight simming (sad or what)
 like every one else i hope the forum will be here for a very long time
its like a very comfortable pair of shoes you will never part with

so onwards and upwards  !!!!!!!!!!!

Once we were a Dukedom ruled by Dukes........
Then we were a Kingdom ruled by Kings...........
Now we are a Country.......................................

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 17 July 2006, 01:36:09 »

An Ascona 400.....very nice.....they did some fantatsic Opels in the 70's and 80's....I realy think the biggest mistake GM ever made was not having Vaux as the standard card marque and Opels as the fun/big car marque.....

There are a few ASCONA's and MANTA's 400 back in greece in showroom condition. They show up usually at rally's, meetings, etc. They are amazing cars super 2.4 16v engine.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 20 July 2006, 14:22:53 »

Hi All

My name is Pete and I am 41 years old. I am married and live in Northwich, Cheshire. I own a 98 3.0 Elite which I have had for about 4 months and is my second Omega to date. The first Omega was a 96 2.5 V6 CD estate with LPG conversion which I sold at 250,000 miles because I thought sooner or later somethings got to go wrong but I still see it around now. My wife drives an Audi 80 2.8 Quattro in pearl white which is a quick car but not as comfy as the Elite and nowhere near as many toys and I have a 73 Alfa Romeo kamm tail spider which I have been going to restore for the last 5 years; however, with me being self employed I just dont have the time.

Anyway enough rambling, keep up the excellent work on the forum.

Regards Pete
Retired

STMO123

« Reply #100 on: 20 July 2006, 14:27:27 »

Hi Pete, if your wife prefers your omega to her audi, tell I'll swap [smiley=wink.gif]
« Last Edit: 20 July 2006, 14:28:26 by STMO123 »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 20 July 2006, 14:54:34 »

Hi Pete, if your wife prefers your omega to her audi, tell I'll swap [smiley=wink.gif]

To be honest we toyed with the idea of selling a while back as the wife now only works less that a mile away and walks to work in the summer but the car is mint and well maintained but is worth nothing so I decided to keep it for the days when I feel a bit like a boy racer. I might even replace the 2.8 Quattro badge with TDi  [smiley=wink.gif]
Retired

STMO123

« Reply #102 on: 20 July 2006, 15:04:29 »

"mint,well maintained but worth nothing"...Hmmmm..There are a lot of omegas just like that :'(

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 20 July 2006, 19:38:54 »

Hi All, my name is Phil and I too came over from the "Dark Side", I am 58 and after working for many years in engineering I am now a school caretaker, jack of all trades, master of none, etc; I drive a 2.5 CDX saloon, runs well, pass anything except a petrol station! Getting about 20 mpg average, about the same as the Jag XJ6 I used to own. I live on the Wirral, not far from GeoffD, who did my cambelt, and he did a good job as well. I used to do all my own repairs when I was younger, including engine rebuilds, but one look under a bonnet on modern cars and I shut it again quickly! Anyway enough rambling, speak to you all soon.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 20 July 2006, 19:44:24 »

Welcome Philayl, glad you made it over here for a visit :D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.