Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: observation (blue badge)  (Read 3060 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
observation (blue badge)
« on: 05 March 2016, 10:48:56 »

I have noticed, that certain types of blue badge holders, those who are fat, also smoke, have a nice new car, the std issue fold up stick,O and a bad back. all use the marked spaces, yet when they wander around they seem fine.
 Or there's those who blatantly don't need a badge because they say "I'm a carer".
 Do council's do any checks in and around car parks :(.

Rant nearly over. >:(
Hoof'land storeman.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: observation (blue badge)
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2016, 11:06:06 »

I have noticed, that certain types of blue badge holders, those who are fat, also smoke, have a nice new car, the std issue fold up stick,O and a bad back. all use the marked spaces, yet when they wander around they seem fine.
 Or there's those who blatantly don't need a badge because they say "I'm a carer".

I know what you mean. But remember that not all disabilities are visible ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2016, 11:19:37 »

I am convinced that Mother would qualify for one, but she is adamant that she wouldn't and constantly refuses to be assesed for it. That said, she has never claimed a penny from the state, so can sort of see where she's coming from :-\

Also, from a work perspective, some peoples good days are what you or I might consider normal, but the on bad days are almost bed ridden... ;)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2016, 11:41:30 »

Agreed.  I have a case for one due to my crohns, the need to get to a bathroom quickly and the lack of public facilities.  However, the need is not permanent thus I don't qualify at the moment.  Some crohnies do and my dad has one on that basis although it is not the same condition.  If I did have one though it would only be used when I needed it.

Supermarket car parks are private land though and council jobsworths have no say on the usage of their disabled spaces.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2016, 12:31:37 »

I'll never forget when my father applied, after a lot of persuading by family members....  :o :o :o :o all the bloody paperwork we had to fill in etc... doctors reports and visits to his GP (who said he'd definately get one) .... and after all that they wouldn't let him have one.

He worked all his life 12-14 hr shifts, I never knew him to have a day off sick & paid his taxes & NI. His list of illnesses was endless & amount of pills just to keep him going - 32 per day.

And then you see some who do get em, makes my blood boil.

Mobility ARE now catching on and are tightening up the rules for users / drivers of the vehicles. If I stop one and something sounds or looks fishy, there's a number that we can ring to check up on the details.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2016, 12:48:22 »

The biggest abuse is people using it without the qualifying person present. Just because Aunty Fred has one and you're using their car (or happen to have the badge for another reason) it doesn't entitle you to use it! >:(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2016, 12:48:29 »

I know where you are coming from, Jason. I know someone who has a mobility Kia car, but can walk as far as me. And he can trot if he wants too. You see him go across the car park at Poole Speedway, and distinguish him from joe public. No way. I have seen him lift heavy objects and carry them a distance.
Makes my blood boil too.....and like you, I know someone else been through same as your dad, and despite GP saying he would get one, he did not !!!!! >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2016, 14:03:25 »

I was always lead to believe a disability was something that prevented you from living a "normal" life.

All I will say is Douglas Bader. and never had a blue badge.
Hoof'land storeman.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 March 2016, 15:31:43 »

Douglas Bader could never be described as "normal". Ad over and beyond there I think. :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 March 2016, 17:09:30 »

I know where you are coming from, Jason. I know someone who has a mobility Kia car, but can walk as far as me. And he can trot if he wants too. You see him go across the car park at Poole Speedway, and distinguish him from joe public. No way. I have seen him lift heavy objects and carry them a distance.
Makes my blood boil too.....and like you, I know someone else been through same as your dad, and despite GP saying he would get one, he did not !!!!! >:(

Hurrah for speedway!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 March 2016, 17:11:53 »

My mate parks his Discovery in disabled parking spaces all the time and as a fit looking 40 something fella he gets a lot of shit from folk.  ::)

That is until he drags his wheelchair out of the back seat puts the wheels on it and drops out of the driving seat into it!  ;)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 March 2016, 18:57:07 »

Maureen had a blue badge,I never used it when she wasn't in the car and even when she was it didn't feel "right" to me to use it,although of course I had to for her sake.Got returned of course when she passed away last year.Really winds me up  when I see people abusing their use.

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 March 2016, 00:41:05 »

People who abuse the blue badge area really really annoy me, They park in the disabled space because they are too lazy to walk from a greater distance, On occasions i have confronted a few of these people, Armed with a walking stick i politely ask, "excuse me sir/madam, could you please display your badge so other people can see you are allowed to park here " On times when confrontation shows itself, i simply tell them it's not me that's disabled but my Mrs, Even Chris Eubank uses a walking stick, i do not have to be disabled to use one, as they quickly learn when all the abuse or threats emerge.
Is the world ready for me..

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 March 2016, 01:56:59 »

One of our locals used to take up 2 disabled spaces just to stop his car getting scratched. You may have heard of him as he was a boxer from sheffield.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 March 2016, 10:25:27 »

"YEAH. YEAH. YEAH" ! I have my blue badge and use it every day. Outwardly I guess I look quite mobile, only having suffered 2 strokes, a slight limp and having emphysema. I often have to walk farther than I would like due to, 20 year olds who 'must' park as close as possible to the shop. Do not attempt to remonstrate with these people for fear of a 'mouthful' of abuse.
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.