Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Diane abbot  (Read 16470 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Diane abbot
« Reply #75 on: 15 June 2017, 20:54:09 »

Hugs to Lizzie!  :y

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 15 June 2017, 20:54:52 »

Not to say, of course, that Rob might have first hand experience of the NHSs unwillingness to address Type 1 diabetes... or rather the consequences of such. :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 15 June 2017, 21:14:43 »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 15 June 2017, 21:15:44 »

Not to say, of course, that Rob might have first hand experience of the NHSs unwillingness to address Type 1 diabetes... or rather the consequences of such. :-X

But he didn't say anything about that ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 15 June 2017, 21:21:45 »

But he didn't say anything about that ;)
And ???

Not everyone treats the forum as an extension of Facebook or Twitter... could be that it's none of our sodding business >:(

:-X

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 15 June 2017, 21:43:22 »

That's a very quick way to make a lot of enemies, RobG.

Ron.

Indeed! My mothers East London side of the family were all type 2 diabetics, but given they went through two World Wars, with food supplies always limited, especially with little money, they were never overweight.  They had no cars, so walked everywhere. No fast food either in those days. It would cost my grandfather his toes, then a leg, then his life. My mum escaped the trend of her parents and siblings, but jumped to me, which my doctors have said is not usual. So it is NOT always the fault of the person with type 2 diabetes, but a set of family circumstances.

Therefore why shouldn't the NHS spend money treating me and many others like me. I have never smoked, and don't drink alcohol, but I am relaxed about the NHS spending billions on those suffering from the effects of that life style. As indeed I accept that people involved in dangerous sports, or driving dangerously, or giving birth to more than 3 babies need NHS support.

So those that point fingers at other people and reckon the NHS shouldn't treat them for some peculiar and selfish reason should look in the mirror at themselves! >:( >:( >:(

None of this has anything to do with the arrogance, stupidity, and incompetence of Dianne ruddy Abbot.

Although type 2 diabetes can be self-inflicted and is much more common in very overweight/obese people. 10-20% are not as you say overweight at all. There is mounting evidence that gut fauna caused by bad types of bacteria can lead to type 2. There are also other things being looked with one being modern wheat, which was introduced in the 1960's and is completely different to what we have eaten for 1000's of years. Modern wheat is much higher in gluten, which is why gluten intolerance is much more common than it used to be. There are also many other changes in modern diets with their effects gradually being studied and understood Our understanding of fat and associated good/bad foods is regularly updated as doctors and scientists learn more.

The good news is that much progress is being made in curing diabetes, especially type 1 through the use of stem cells, with some initial trials now taking place. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 15 June 2017, 23:57:05 »

Type 2 diabetes is, in the vast majority of cases, self-inflicted. Got no time for them. The powers that be should devote as much energy, finance, etc to type 1 IDD`s.

As (on some level) is almost everything that lands one in hospital. Overweight? Drink alcohol? Smoke? Take less exercise than you should? Sorry chum, no NHS money for you. Total 'dangle berries', go down that road and you only end up treating healthy people.

For me, either treat everyone, free, at the point of need, or pack the whole thing up and treat nobody. Otherwise you're just making arbitrary choices. 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 16 June 2017, 00:01:06 »

Type 2 diabetes is, in the vast majority of cases, self-inflicted. Got no time for them. The powers that be should devote as much energy, finance, etc to type 1 IDD`s.

As (on some level) is almost everything that lands one in hospital. Overweight? Drink alcohol? Smoke? Take less exercise than you should? Sorry chum, no NHS money for you. Total 'dangle berries', go down that road and you only treat healthy people.

For me, either treat everyone, free, at the point of need, or pack the whole thing up and treat nobody. Otherwise you're just making arbitrary choices.

I think you've unwittingly saved the NHS Jimmy, and you should have stood as a Tory MP!  :-X  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 16 June 2017, 10:20:09 »

Healthy people would never need treating...

As for arbitrary decision making... it's no different to throwing money at a consistent group of people only to then deny more suitable treatment to a contributory member of society because it costs five pence more and the budget won't support it :-X

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 16 June 2017, 18:50:37 »

it's no different to throwing money at a consistent group of people only to then deny more suitable treatment to a contributory member of society because it costs five pence more and the budget won't support it :-X

???
lucky for you the dementia tax got binned ;D
« Last Edit: 16 June 2017, 18:52:46 by migmog »

STEMO

« Reply #85 on: 16 June 2017, 19:33:15 »

it's no different to throwing money at a consistent group of people only to then deny more suitable treatment to a contributory member of society because it costs five pence more and the budget won't support it :-X

???
lucky for you the dementia tax got binned ;D

Touchè  ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 18 June 2017, 16:38:26 »

Happy to report that the wonderful Diane has fully recovered and has now returned to her role as shadow home secretary.
Her country needed her.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 20 June 2017, 09:38:24 »

Todays news:
Diane Abbott: "I'm back to fighting fitness"

That was quick for a brain transplant . . . . . .
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 20 June 2017, 09:59:10 »

We can only be thankful that the voice of reason has returned to the Labour party.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 20 June 2017, 10:37:46 »

Todays news:
Diane Abbott: "I'm back to fighting fitness"

That was quick for a brain transplant installation . . . . . .

FTFY
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.