Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Tower block fire  (Read 31375 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Tower block fire
« on: 14 June 2017, 07:37:27 »

This is terrible a 24 storey block of flats in London engulfed in flames from the early hours of this morning.I fear the death toll will be very high  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Tower block fire
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2017, 07:41:16 »

This is terrible a 24 storey block of flats in London engulfed in flames from the early hours of this morning.I fear the death toll will be very high  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Just reading about it. Scary when you think just how many such blocks there are.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2017, 07:48:34 »

There are going to be some gut-wrenching tales come out of this one. Women, children, whole families........I'm not looking forward to the aftermath at all.  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2017, 08:04:07 »

Won't be long before it falls over. Building clad in plastic inhabited by people who think that it's OK to smoke out of the window because they aren't allowed to smoke inside... As per the bloke on the news earlier :-X

Not an experience that I would wish on anyone though :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2017, 08:26:41 »

For those that have survived, imagine.....going to bed with your family, being woken in the night and having to get out with no possessions, sitting in a community centre (possibly separated from your loved ones), and then, if you're very lucky and after a day of total confusion, ending up in a different part of London, in temporary accommodation with virtually nothing to call your own.
Apparently there are 125 families that need immediate accommodation, in London, not easy.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2017, 08:28:36 »

There are, of course, worse scenarios than this, but I don't even want to think about that.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2017, 09:06:58 »

Absolutely terrible :'( :'( :'(

This will again raise the whole questioned about the safety of these tower blocks. In this case it seems the main fire escape staircase was overcome by fire and smoke; it was the only means of escape :o :o :o. This should never be the case in the 21st century. These ridiculous 1960/1970 experiments in housing should be demolished, as many have been. But that will take so much money, but to still have families with young children at high levels in the ruddy blocks is beyond comprehension.

When you look at the pictures it is clear that still the fire brigade have not acquired the equipment to fight the fire and provide people with a means of escape at high levels. The Towering Inferno film of 40 years ago has still not got through to the authorities; if people are still going to live in these blocks, then high level fire fighting equipment must be at last provided!

Just terrible!!!  :'( :'( :'( >:( >:(

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2017, 09:08:58 »

I sometimes wish the media didn't do at the scene live reporting, incessantly rolling the footage is unnecessary and is disrespectful of the victims, of which I fear there will be scores   :'(

I'd be surprised if it fell down though as they are extremely strong, recent attempts to blow one up near me failed miserably
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2017, 09:45:19 »

I hope there are some serious questions asked about how the fire spread so easily between floors. It's fundamental to the design of these buildings that any fire is contained and the escape stairwells remain ventilated. If cladding the building in plastic to tart it up has cost lives then it's a disgrace. :(

My thoughts are with those caught up in this. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 June 2017, 10:36:13 »

Many a horror story to come.

Just being in the similar sized block opposite watching this disaster will be enough for some.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 June 2017, 10:39:12 »

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 June 2017, 10:55:23 »

In the seventies i worked in a 20 storey tower block on the sixteenthfloor

We had regularfire drills. I always remembered how slow we got out, sometimes they couldnnt get the fire doors open

As said the lucky ones that got out will havenothing and will no doubtnot have paper copies of important documents elsewhere andso on. I wonder howmany were nsured?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 14 June 2017, 11:22:23 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 June 2017, 11:29:06 »

Or a veiled threat...

Be interesting to see what the fire investigation team say.
Onanists always think outside the box.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 June 2017, 12:05:30 »

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cannabis farm in one of the flats, plenty of house fires locally due to the rigged electricity
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.