Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best price for air conditioning re-gas?  (Read 9188 times)

Lincs Robert

Re: Best price for air conditioning re-gas?
« Reply #30 on: 20 June 2017, 18:02:02 »

My local garage charged me £48 today for an air con service which included a regas. They reckon it has lost 10% in 5 years - which is pretty good IMO.

Cooled seats were standard on some mk4/4.5 Mondeos & optional on others for another £100 on top of the heated seat price. They don't seem to offer them on the new model though - which is odd as they work well enough.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 June 2017, 18:26:42 »

My local garage charged me £48 today for an air con service which included a regas. They reckon it has lost 10% in 5 years - which is pretty good IMO.

Snap!!!

Had mine done 2 weeks ago when it was slightly cooler outside, to avoid the rush when this heatwave struck. £48 inc vat, and was on the machine for about an hour. I didn't know whether the system was any good, as the car had been off the road for 5 years, and it didn't work when I put it back on the road last year........ so there's hope your defunct system might be worth a 50 quid punt.

A fortnight later, I must admit it has been a godsend, especially in standing traffic. The alternative 'open windows at 60mph' is good, providing you don't have to stop!

Slightly off topic - when it rained during a 3 hour journey lately, I didn't have to have the window cracked open..... previous to the re-gas it steamed up like buggery, but we all know the climate control isn't just for summer cooling.  :y :y
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 June 2017, 18:30:07 »

Out of interest....

How would others describe their AC performance? I stuck the temp probes from my multimeter the other day and it was down to 8c on a very hot day.

That's perfect for me. But at the same time....

I've gassed BMWs, Audis and newer cars etc that have gone down to 4c 😧 And it is freeeeeezing!

I suppose this is a difficult question cos we'd need to compare pressures, ambient temps etc. But if we simplify it I'd say mine was "good". I'd say newer cars Ive gassed were "excellent ". Where does your omega (or anything else) sit in this score.....
RIP Paul Lovejoy

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 June 2017, 18:53:05 »

Mine doesn't work at all.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 June 2017, 19:00:30 »

My Omega had a new condenser and regas less than a year ago, but the A/C definitely isn't as cold as it should be.
My thoughts are that either it didn't have enough gas put in or has a leak. Probably a valve.
I'm thinking I might buy a UV torch, something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-UV-Black-Light-Torch-Ultra-Violet-Gas-Leak-Forensic-Blood-Urine-Detector-/321855415856?hash=item4af013e630:g:5KEAAOSwqBJXWE60 to check for leaks, and proceed from there.
I have a mate who will do the regas for around £25, but hes a bit hard to get hold of.

Probably too late for a UV torch.....if dye was put in it to start with.....as if you've driven it in rain most likely the dye has been washed off....unless a high up leak  :-\
I would invest in a thermometer that you shove down the air vents.....to check temp.....should be around 5/6C inside the air vents....if it is that temp....then I would suspect the pollen filter.....they get clogged and restrict airflow.....could just be you haven't enough airflow entering the cabin  :-\

Pollen filter is a year / 5k miles old, so shouldn't be causing the problem.  :-\
Took the caps of the valves today and the lower one has some green dye visible on top of the valve. Does this indicate a leak, or likely to have been sat there for a year ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 June 2017, 19:07:23 »

There's always a bit round the valves albs following a regas. Though if it's everywhere and not contained just where the valve is then replace and gas it again 👍

RIP Paul Lovejoy

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 June 2017, 19:21:20 »

Its just where the valve is. Maybe they assumed the Mig took the standard amount of gas when regassing it, so it doesn't have enough gas in ?  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 June 2017, 20:17:10 »

With my omega I gassed it with 1050g. This covers the 950 plus the 100 that gets caught in the lines. I'd try a regas and reiterate the amount needed.

I check Autodata every time. They should too
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 June 2017, 20:37:45 »

I don't think I have ever had a really good system in any of my Omegas  :-\

I drove the project MV6 this morning. I wasn't sure if it was working at all so I placed a thermometer in the vents. 30degC outside and I was measuring 28degC in the vents  :(

Drove SWMBOs Galaxy this afternoon to take the 1 & 2 year old to hospital. When we came out at about 4pm we got stuck in stationary traffic. One and a half hours going nowhere in 30 degree heat with screaming 1 year old and 2 year old in the back I came to the conclusion that SWMBO's Galaxy needs a regas too >:(
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 June 2017, 20:44:27 »

With my omega I gassed it with 1050g. This covers the 950 plus the 100 that gets caught in the lines. I'd try a regas and reiterate the amount needed.

Shouldn't need to check... It's on the sticker on the slam panel  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 June 2017, 20:48:15 »

Shouldn't need to check... It's on the sticker on the slam panel  ::)

Which is great... if the stickers there.  ::)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 20 June 2017, 20:49:53 »

Out of interest....

How would others describe their AC performance? I stuck the temp probes from my multimeter the other day and it was down to 8c on a very hot day.

I've gassed BMWs, Audis and newer cars etc that have gone down to 4c 😧 And it is freeeeeezing!

I suppose this is a difficult question cos we'd need to compare pressures, ambient temps etc. But if we simplify it I'd say mine was "good". I'd say newer cars Ive gassed were "excellent ". Where does your omega (or anything else) sit in this score.....
All mine have been reasonable, BUT the Omegas PFL or FL don't seem to be able to shift air in any quantity. Same with the Zafira.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 20 June 2017, 20:50:59 »

Hence the generally poor reviews :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 20 June 2017, 21:04:12 »

Out of interest....

All mine have been reasonable, BUT the Omegas PFL or FL don't seem to be able to shift air in any quantity. Same with the Zafira.
My astra and, hence, the newer zafiras, are pretty good. Mine is very cold and has never had a regas.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20 June 2017, 21:08:34 »

Sorry, to clarify, my Omegas (and Zafira) have always been cold at the vents.  Its just the fans seem to struggle to really move large quantities of air, despite the excessive noise the bloody fans create ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.