Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Heck of a shot  (Read 4533 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Heck of a shot
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2017, 13:04:27 »

I might be inclined to believe he did it....this time. But it's still a 1 in a 100 shot.

Maybe that's why it's newsworthy?  ???  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 23 June 2017, 13:16:12 »

I might be inclined to believe he did it....this time. But it's still a 1 in a 100 shot.

Maybe that's why it's newsworthy?  ???  ;)
Well...I want to know about the 99 times he missed. Did he break someone's window? Did he kill a pigeon?  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 June 2017, 13:57:28 »

More likely the intended victim said " did you hear that?"  ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 June 2017, 19:00:31 »

No, never, ever. Unless this was his 1000th attempt and he finally got lucky.

Looking at the setup it doesn't seem implausible. As a cadet, our school used to shoot at the Bisley competition and the longest competitive range was 1000yards.

I am aware that's areound 1/3 of the distance this shot, but we were shooting over open sights, without a professional spotter, wind gauge etc. And the best of us could put a grouping of 3 shots in an area about the size of a bin lid (or a human torso if you think about it another way) and we were only children at the time.

I could easily believe that a professional with the right gear could make similar shots at 3-4x the distance.

1200 yards on Stickledown when I was shooting. :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 June 2017, 19:10:00 »

I think it is quite likely. Although I had limited long range shooting ability, I served on the RAF Small Arms Association Committee, and I met some of the, very modest, Army snipers at Bisley during my days shooting at the inter-services and 'Imperial' meetings over a period of years. They were outstanding then, and I know that the kit that they have now with the backup man making a two man team gives them a tremendous degree of accuracy over phenomenal range. :y

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 June 2017, 18:37:56 »

yes apart from the difficulty you also have to rely on the target not moving for the 10 seconds it took the bullet to travel from the gun barrel to his chest :o

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 June 2017, 19:00:18 »

yes apart from the difficulty you also have to rely on the target not moving for the 10 seconds it took the bullet to travel from the gun barrel to his chest :o

The target won't be fired upon until in a predictable pattern... Normally another sniper or sat at a desk/table etc ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2017, 20:04:56 »

The target won't be fired upon until in a predictable pattern... Normally another sniper or sat at a desk/table etc ;)

difficult for a head shot though ::)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 June 2017, 22:33:48 »

Aim small, miss small ;)

I other words, you don't go for a head shot as a sniper ;)

Besides, the likelihood is the victim was probably a sniper/sharpshooter lining up his own attack

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 June 2017, 00:31:31 »

Besides, the likelihood is the victim was probably a sniper/sharpshooter lining up his own attack

i think you've been watching that shaving private ryan video too much ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 June 2017, 08:31:43 »

i think you've been watching that shaving private ryan video too much ;)

You mean Shaving Ryan's Privates? ::) :P :D

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 June 2017, 10:33:48 »

thats the one how many times you watched it now?;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 June 2017, 19:51:28 »

Aim small, miss small ;)

A .5 hit anywhere will make your eyes water. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 June 2017, 21:51:46 »

Aim small, miss small ;)

A .5 hit anywhere will make your eyes water. :y

Indeed :o
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.