Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: North Korea  (Read 10473 times)

STEMO

Re: North Korea
« Reply #30 on: 09 August 2017, 19:39:38 »

Well.....I hope we get a decent warning. I have been pre-approved for a £30K loan from my bank and I'm nowhere near the credit limits on my cards. I'd need at least a week...... :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 August 2017, 19:41:34 »

Well.....I hope we get a decent warning. I have been pre-approved for a £30K loan from my bank and I'm nowhere near the credit limits on my cards. I'd need at least a week...... :)

Tweet Trump. I am sure he will help a Brit ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 09 August 2017, 19:43:12 »

Tweet Trump. I am sure he will help a Brit ;D ;D ;)
Trump looks like he's been nuked already  ;D

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 August 2017, 22:07:11 »

Strike on Guam? I dare say the US would have a fair chance of shooting it down,not so sure they have the ability to tackle missile(s) sent elsewhere. No star wars defence shield .

Your points 1 and 2 are indeed grim. Satanic state would have the money to obtain nuclear bombs and use them.

Strike on Guam?

That may be exactly what Trump and the USA want.  When Japan was flexing it's muscles in 1941 we know the US knew a strike on their Pacific forces was going to take place.  The conspiracy historians amoungst us, which includes me, believe Roosevelt and Churchill were just waiting for such a strike, and indeed, before the event, knew it would be on Pearl.  That would, and of course did, bring the isolationist US into the fight against Nazi Germany, and then the Axis forces in their entirety.  Result!

Trump means "Fire and fury, with power that the World has never seen before", and is just waiting for the excuse to strike at the political centre of N.Korea. Trump is no usual President, and will not conform to usual diplomatic practice.  He knows that only delays the inevitable, and has no teeth anyway.  I abhor war, but sometimes/ often in history a early warring strike is far better than pussy footing around that only leads to a greater conflict. This is such an example.

Put on your tin hats, it is going to be a rocky ride!

Sounds like you are much more comfortable with the 20-100m (or more if China is drawn in), largely civilian, deaths such a conflict will cause than I am. :( :( :( SK capital Seoul with a population of 25m is only 30 miles from DPRK border. In the event of war DPRK extensive number of artillery pieces and Grad MLRS will launch an immediate massive bombardment of Seoul using a combination of explosive, biological, chemical and quite probably tactical nuclear weapons.  :( :( :( They will then launch a massive invasion through an extensive network of secret tunnels, which SK and US will try to stop before they reach the southern coast. Read any of the several studies on this scenario and it is a sh*t sandwich all round where there are no good options or outcomes, deliberately so with the DPRK plans and tactics, only some are worse than others. >:( >:( >:( All of the studies say the only people that call for the US to attack DPRK are those that know nothing of the very major difficulties and high casualties rates that will be involved. :( :( :(

I understand completely what you are saying Rod, but history has taught us to do nothing, or even worse, just keep talking endlessly to a leader bent on military action, only delays the inevitable, and when that inevitable transpires, the consequences are far worse than if real force had been used in the first place.  The free world must act with resolute determination now.

hmm...,  wasn't that what tony bliar said about saddam hussein?

didn't turn out so well as i recall ::)
« Last Edit: 09 August 2017, 22:09:47 by migmog »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 August 2017, 01:17:18 »

I'm sure you can get nuclear shelters on easy credit terms and currently no waiting lists, so best buy now. The metallic Snot-Green camouflage one should match the car. Don't forget to add the Whippet exercise and toilet area option as you won't be able to go outside for 6 to 18 months. ::) ::) ::)

I would recommend you go for the professionally built option as the self-build one might be cheaper but comes with a Chinese translated Omega style manual. :P :P :P
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 August 2017, 09:29:03 »

If this accelerates into the nuclear option it's going to smart a bit. We can only hope, though, that it doesn't ignite either Trump or Kim's bouffant. I'm not sure anyone has studied the possible effects of all that Elnett going up at once! ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 August 2017, 10:24:48 »

I understand completely what you are saying Rod, but history has taught us to do nothing, or even worse, just keep talking endlessly to a leader bent on military action, only delays the inevitable, and when that inevitable transpires, the consequences are far worse than if real force had been used in the first place.  The free world must act with resolute determination now.

You've completely misunderstood what is happening: Kim wotsisname's posturing is for his military's benefit NOT ours. They are the people that he needs to think he's strong enough for them to keep him as a figure head.  Threatening the Americans is intended to justify to the Korean military and population that cutting themselves off from the rest of the world(thereby making the country an even bigger third world shit-hole than most military dictatorships manage) is necessary. Keeping 25million people away from the prosperity that their relations enjoy in the south is not easy.

The best approach internationally to this 'threat'(as their technology is hardly reliable) is not instant military action, but to largely ignore the little twerp.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 August 2017, 10:26:05 »

You've completely misunderstood what is happening: Kim wotsisname's posturing is for his military's benefit NOT ours. They are the people that he needs to think he's strong enough for them to keep him as a figure head.  Threatening the Americans is intended to justify to the Korean military and population that cutting themselves off from the rest of the world(thereby making the country an even bigger third world shit-hole than most military dictatorships manage) is necessary. Keeping 25million people away from the prosperity that their relations enjoy in the south is not easy.

The best approach internationally to this 'threat'(as their technology is hardly reliable) is not instant military action, but to largely ignore the little twerp.

Yep ^^^ :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 August 2017, 10:29:13 »

I'm sure you can get nuclear shelters on easy credit terms and currently no waiting lists, so best buy now. The metallic Snot-Green camouflage one should match the car. Don't forget to add the Whippet exercise and toilet area option as you won't be able to go outside for 6 to 18 months. ::) ::) ::)

I would recommend you go for the professionally built option as the self-build one might be cheaper but comes with a Chinese translated Omega style manual. :P :P :P

Anything would be better than the old doors put together in tent form that the Public Information of the 1970s told us to do if the Cold War went live and nuclear strikes were being launched!! ::) ::) ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10 August 2017, 10:35:35 »

Yep ^^^ :y

That may or may not be true, but they cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons. If they do they will hold the world to ransom, and we will all live in constant fear, at an even higher level than we did during the cold war. They are much more unpredictable than the USSR ever was.
If the Chinese don't take matters in hand before that happens, then the West will have little choice.
Having said that, I think its likely that the U.S. miltary leadership will make their own judgement on the situation with little regard for what Trump tweets about it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10 August 2017, 10:46:28 »

Ultimately,  the question remains...

"What would happen if he had an 'accident'?"

Which raises a few more questions:

Would those 25 million North Koreans happily and quietly become South Korean?

Reunification of Germany came at great emotional, financial and political cost. Could South Korea afford it?

Do the people in charge really want him gone, or is he a useful puppet in the game of population control?

Saddam Hussain was only killed to justify political terrorism... Same in Egypt, same in Libya.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10 August 2017, 10:54:04 »

Strike on Guam? I dare say the US would have a fair chance of shooting it down,not so sure they have the ability to tackle missile(s) sent elsewhere. No star wars defence shield .

Your points 1 and 2 are indeed grim. Satanic state would have the money to obtain nuclear bombs and use them.

Strike on Guam?

That may be exactly what Trump and the USA want.  When Japan was flexing it's muscles in 1941 we know the US knew a strike on their Pacific forces was going to take place.  The conspiracy historians amoungst us, which includes me, believe Roosevelt and Churchill were just waiting for such a strike, and indeed, before the event, knew it would be on Pearl.  That would, and of course did, bring the isolationist US into the fight against Nazi Germany, and then the Axis forces in their entirety.  Result!

Trump means "Fire and fury, with power that the World has never seen before", and is just waiting for the excuse to strike at the political centre of N.Korea. Trump is no usual President, and will not conform to usual diplomatic practice.  He knows that only delays the inevitable, and has no teeth anyway.  I abhor war, but sometimes/ often in history a early warring strike is far better than pussy footing around that only leads to a greater conflict. This is such an example.

Put on your tin hats, it is going to be a rocky ride!

Sounds like you are much more comfortable with the 20-100m (or more if China is drawn in), largely civilian, deaths such a conflict will cause than I am. :( :( :( SK capital Seoul with a population of 25m is only 30 miles from DPRK border. In the event of war DPRK extensive number of artillery pieces and Grad MLRS will launch an immediate massive bombardment of Seoul using a combination of explosive, biological, chemical and quite probably tactical nuclear weapons.  :( :( :( They will then launch a massive invasion through an extensive network of secret tunnels, which SK and US will try to stop before they reach the southern coast. Read any of the several studies on this scenario and it is a sh*t sandwich all round where there are no good options or outcomes, deliberately so with the DPRK plans and tactics, only some are worse than others. >:( >:( >:( All of the studies say the only people that call for the US to attack DPRK are those that know nothing of the very major difficulties and high casualties rates that will be involved. :( :( :(

hmm...,  wasn't that what tony bliar said about saddam hussein?

didn't turn out so well as i recall ::)

No, not quite.  But in any case just remember the Munich Crisis of 1938 and the subsequent Munich Agreement that Chamberlain boasted meant "Peace in our time".  You can talk, and talk with someone with aggressive intent, exhausting all diplomacy, and think you are coming away from it with a good deal (although Chamberlain doubted this as he returned to No. 10 from Munich) when all the time the one with "power" in his mind is planning attack. 

The "Boy" leading NK is now stating he is ready to launch "four" intermediate missiles towards Guam.  If you are the President of a nation with awesome fire power that if used fully would be "the likes that the World has never seen before" what would you now do?  Wait like the leaders of Britain and France did in 1938 into 1939 and be seen by the aggressor as being weak and just hot air until the inevitable happens?  Or strike first and make sure the aggressor knows you mean business, that in 1938 would have stopped Hitler from taking the opportunist steps he did that eventually led to WW2 on September 3rd 1939?

Talk is easy, but action by a leader of a great nation is never that.   

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10 August 2017, 10:58:32 »

If they wanted him dead, he could be. Before the kettle boils.
They obviously don't, so he isn't.

Same with Assad...

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10 August 2017, 11:10:25 »

If they wanted him dead, he could be. Before the kettle boils.
They obviously don't, so he isn't.

Same with Assad...

I was going to ask which they you meant, but it doesn't matter.

Assassinating your own leader without a workable replacement and the machinery to put them in place rarely works well.

Assassinating somebody else's leader NEVER works well for you or the other country.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10 August 2017, 11:13:27 »

I would politely suggest that the North Koreans neither know, nor care, enough to do anything :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.