Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drove to that London from Devon  (Read 5134 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Drove to that London from Devon
« Reply #15 on: 10 August 2017, 14:27:58 »

I do as well, it often suggests ploughing through Hounslow, which is a sh*t hole. Full of speed bumps and seriously poor roads, pot hole ridden.

I've timed it before, Waze for example says Hounslow route I'll get home at 6:03PM, I ignore it and go up A30 via Hatton Cross to M25, then M3... nearly always home at 6:03 and it's far better route.

Yeah - I'm sure it works well some places, but that doesn't seem to include the UK ;D Friends overseas (esp. in the US or Israel) can't understand how come I can't use it to shave 30-45 minutes off my average commute home (which is ~2-2.5hrs to do a 1.5hr journey); but when that route is Chertsey->Northampton there really isn't much of a viable alternative to just slogging up the motorway as every non-trunk road is just as congested :(

You know those who barge in at the last moment, skipping long queues......  ::)  ::)  :-X

Don't like queuing, especially when I'm going to work. Thing is everyone does it, so I'm not just going to sit in queue to feel good. Might as well join them  :D

*makes mental note never to let any CCs in*  :P ;D Although I'll never know if it's you or Wojciech who I work with (and lives down the M3).. still..  ;D

Does he have a white CC? Gave nod to chap near Twickenham M3 who had a lovely R Line spec one, it had the later LED front headlights which I like.

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 10 August 2017, 15:01:11 »

I do as well, it often suggests ploughing through Hounslow, which is a sh*t hole. Full of speed bumps and seriously poor roads, pot hole ridden.

I've timed it before, Waze for example says Hounslow route I'll get home at 6:03PM, I ignore it and go up A30 via Hatton Cross to M25, then M3... nearly always home at 6:03 and it's far better route.

Yeah - I'm sure it works well some places, but that doesn't seem to include the UK ;D Friends overseas (esp. in the US or Israel) can't understand how come I can't use it to shave 30-45 minutes off my average commute home (which is ~2-2.5hrs to do a 1.5hr journey); but when that route is Chertsey->Northampton there really isn't much of a viable alternative to just slogging up the motorway as every non-trunk road is just as congested :(

You know those who barge in at the last moment, skipping long queues......  ::)  ::)  :-X

Don't like queuing, especially when I'm going to work. Thing is everyone does it, so I'm not just going to sit in queue to feel good. Might as well join them  :D

*makes mental note never to let any CCs in*  :P ;D Although I'll never know if it's you or Wojciech who I work with (and lives down the M3).. still..  ;D

Does he have a white CC? Gave nod to chap near Twickenham M3 who had a lovely R Line spec one, it had the later LED front headlights which I like.

Nope - grey IIRC.. Still a nice looking car, but an older model (08-10) so no LED headlights :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2017, 16:11:41 »

Look good but a bit bumpy ride wise over B roads. These CC's aren't part of the BMW empire by any chance? ;D ;D no they have indicators so must be VW's.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2017, 18:08:22 »

Look good but a bit bumpy ride wise over B roads. These CC's aren't part of the BMW empire by any chance? ;D ;D no they have indicators so must be VW's.
According to Mrs TB, VW's are the new beemer/chavalier/repmobile, as she says every single one is driven by an arrogant, self centred, small dicked, lane hogging arseole...

...not sure whats rattled her cage ;D
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2017, 19:23:02 »

Do CC owners nod to each other then?  ???   

Is this a glimpse into a secret world that Tunnie is now part of?  :-\  ;D 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2017, 19:44:05 »

Hey, i am thinking of getting one..... ;D

The real villains are the BMW drivers :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2017, 20:00:13 »

Don't see many on the road, he looked on first. Was while side by side in traffic.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 August 2017, 20:59:25 »

Don't see many on the road, he looked on first. Was while side by side in traffic.
Don't see many for sale either when i was looking for one

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 August 2017, 21:51:27 »

This seems a little gay to me!  ::)  :P  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2017, 22:10:03 »

The real villains are the BMW drivers :y

Hey, i am thinking of getting one..... ;D

Yes you should get a BMW Varche.  :y  They're great cars as you don't have to use the indicators!  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2017, 22:48:47 »

Never seen a BMW with indicators. Always thought it was an expensive option.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2017, 22:54:09 »

Mine has them as it was a special order.  It also has a red interior.  :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2017, 23:18:49 »

Mine has them as it was a special order.  It also has a red interior.  :)
:o :o 8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 August 2017, 08:52:28 »

I think the nod means "lets meet up in one of those designated laybys" ::)
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 August 2017, 09:47:52 »

I think the nod means "lets meet up in one of those designated laybys" ::)

" he looked on first. Was while side by side......"

I think you're right TB.  ::)  I guess you have to do something to get your kicks when you drive a Volkswagon!  :o  ;D

I wonder if Mrs Tunnie knows?  :-\  ::)  ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.