Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any recommendations for picture hosting sites ???  (Read 2938 times)

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
Any recommendations for picture hosting sites ???
« on: 15 August 2017, 22:36:33 »

Hi all.

I note that Photobucket now charge for 3rd party picture hosting  :-\

Are there any recommended sites used by people ?

I will need to change mine as the pics I have posted on OOF appear to be blocked by Photobucket  :'(

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Andy.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Any recommendations for picture hosting sites ???
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2017, 22:53:37 »

This one https://postimages.org was suggested to me. Seems ok so far, though I've not yet used it much.

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2017, 09:47:25 »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2017, 12:08:49 »

Hi all.

I note that Photobucket now charge for 3rd party picture hosting  :-\

Are there any recommended sites used by people ?

I will need to change mine as the pics I have posted on OOF appear to be blocked by Photobucket :'(

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Andy.

That is interesting as, so far, all my pics posted via Photobucket are still ok.  However, Pb has become very difficult/frustrating to use, and time is running out for me to use it ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2017, 12:13:01 »

Correction to my last post; just tried a test upload from Pb, and after reading all the guff about 3rd part hosting with costs(!!) nothing has posted!! :o :o

Bastards!!!  That is the end then of Pb for me! >:(

« Last Edit: 16 August 2017, 12:15:21 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2017, 12:18:15 »

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2017, 12:19:16 »

Correction to my last post; just tried a test upload from Pb, and after reading all the guff about 3rd part hosting with costs(!!) nothing has posted!! :o :o

I think you'll find that everyone has already left them. It's hard to see what PB will actually do now as so many already use free or low cost cloud storage and there are many others who still permit links etc. Some weeks ago I just logged in and deleted absolutely everything.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2017, 12:21:05 »

I think you'll find that everyone has already left them. It's hard to see what PB will actually do now as so many already use free or low cost cloud storage and there are many others who still permit links etc. Some weeks ago I just logged in and deleted absolutely everything.

Yep. I seem to be the last person using it then, so I will switch the light off! ;D ;D

Delete button here we come! 8) 8)

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2017, 13:34:49 »

Either a) all the people who were using Photobucket to host content that they had monetised will pay up and Photobucket will survive or, b) They'll disappear like a million other websites before them ;)

This was their last gasp effort to save a doomed business model.

The only 'free' storage that will remain, ultimately, is the 'free' storage you pay for in some other way - Google (paid for by all the data mining they can monetise off the back of your data), Amazon (paid for by Prime subs) etc etc.

Trust me, imgbb.com, postimages.org etc will either stop 3rd party linking or disappear, eventually, because 3rd party linking destroys ad revenue.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2017, 14:44:52 »

I use pCloud.com now for most of my cloud stuff and Pic Hosting, its add free and just works, gives you 10Gb  for free which you can easily get up to another +10gb free by doing some simple things so 20Gb is more than enough for Pics (or up to 2TB if you want to spend money).

It also has a handy built in URL Uploader meaning you can upload a File, Video, Music or Image directly from another Storage Cloud or a given URL Download link so you can easerly Upload your old PB Pics straight to pCloud without downloading and Uploading again.

Did some tests recently on OOF where I could just link my old PB images and host them through pCloud, but I cant remember if I made the Pics public or not, see here - http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=140368.0

Heres a refered link to pCloud so using this you will already get 10+1 Gb free account - https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register&invite=XLSXZMCqWGV
« Last Edit: 16 August 2017, 14:53:10 by zirk »

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2017, 15:06:14 »

I have used PB for quite a while without problem and have a lot of hosted pictures. I think I pay a nominal sum. £30 pa? Mine is still working,
but I shall try your suggestion Zirk. Thanks.  :-*

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

frostbite

• Roanapur City aka Skem
    • 00' e46 325i se
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2017, 15:15:48 »

I too am still using pbucket, all my images still work on multiple forums and I dont pay a penny

Heres a pic of my old v70

I have found that using the direct link and the img code embed, the pictures still work

« Last Edit: 16 August 2017, 15:17:33 by frostbite »
e46 325i se - 1.8vvti avensis liftback

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2017, 15:17:24 »

« Last Edit: 16 August 2017, 15:19:07 by Lagondanet »

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 August 2017, 15:38:59 »

I too am still using pbucket, all my images still work on multiple forums and I dont pay a penny

I have found that using the direct link and the img code embed, the pictures still work
Yep, also you can just copy the Image Address URL and Host that but it all depends whether PB are going to allow that to shared as a Public URL, probably not, they seem to want money now, it would appear PB have put quiet a few Accounts on Hold as for the time being and left them as is, as theve got so much stick in the Press over their recent decisions, but I believe one way or another they will continue to work towards their aim but probably come out with a more realistic monthly or Annual fee.

I belive DropBox are about to do something simular, no more hosting on Free Accounts.

Either way, my advice is, if you've Pics on PB or DropBox download or transfer them somewhere else, in case its too late and they want Ransom Money for you to recover them.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 August 2017, 15:47:45 »

I have used PB for quite a while without problem and have a lot of hosted pictures. I think I pay a nominal sum. £30 pa? Mine is still working,
but I shall try your suggestion Zirk. Thanks.  :-*
If your paying them money then you should be fine, thats what they want now, but why do that when you can host them for free on other sites, and annoyingly some are better than others.

My personal experience of PB is, it was quiet good, but has over the years got repeatedly slower and almost unusable on free accounts, not to mention the Ads., I recovered my stuff, as well as leaving it on PB as at the moment for me its still works for hosting, in a round about way, but should the demand fees from me they can go and multiply.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.