Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas present ideas  (Read 10504 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Christmas present ideas
« on: 09 December 2017, 11:46:08 »

Well it is that time of year again. What to get?

Well the Dyson V6 animal gtx elite st has started to show its age. Had the head off the other day and removed half of Spain from inside. Needed a T8 ? Torx to get at the workings. How many people have one of those.....

Anyway Mrs V says she will never have another Dyson, so that rules out the V12 Absolute Gti. So it will soon be added to the pile of nearly working vacuum cleaners we have that for some obscure reason, only known to men , I am hoarding.

mmm the Philips PowerPro Ultimate FC9920/69 CDX in black with silver chrome looks good, mind you so does a large box of Thorntons (Continental of course). You can't eat a vacuum cleaner.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas present ideas
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2017, 12:08:11 »

Buy a SEBO. You will never regret it.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2017, 13:42:03 »

"Which" don,t rate them very highly. :-\

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2017, 15:18:46 »

To me that underlines their reputation for talking bollix.  :)
A possible problem with buying any vacuum now. I believe the EU directive which cut the maximum power they can use is now in force ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2017, 15:50:49 »

Chocolates are looking good then.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2017, 15:59:07 »

Why is it that men think buying women tools and equipment for doing housework is a good thing? ::) ::) ::)

We love something for US, not to do our daily chores with!  A lovely perfume, DIOR J'ADORE Eau de Parfum Spray being my favourite (£94.00 for 100ml).  Or a lovely handbag from a designer label, like Radley, Ted Baker, or DKNY, for the cheaper ones - £150 to £300 for the larger sizes - or, really making a girl feel great, GUCCI!

These gifts will make her love you ever more.  Just stay clear of lingerie unless you really know what she loves, and dresses the same if you do not know her correct size and current tastes! :D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2017, 16:13:57 »

Buy a SEBO. You will never regret it.  :y

Agreed!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2017, 16:37:03 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2017, 16:47:56 »

Why is it that men think buying women tools and equipment for doing housework is a good thing? ::) ::) ::)

We love something for US, not to do our daily chores with!  A lovely perfume, DIOR J'ADORE Eau de Parfum Spray being my favourite (£94.00 for 100ml).  Or a lovely handbag from a designer label, like Radley, Ted Baker, or DKNY, for the cheaper ones - £150 to £300 for the larger sizes - or, really making a girl feel great, GUCCI!

These gifts will make her love you ever more.  Just stay clear of lingerie unless you really know what she loves, and dresses the same if you do not know her correct size and current tastes! :D ;)

You're being old-fashioned, Lizzie.

A petrol lawn mower or chainsaw is what the modern woman of today really wants. :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

As for sexy underwear.......38C breasts 'squeezed' in a 36C bra has a certain appeal. :)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2017, 16:50:26 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2017, 17:16:44 »

To me that underlines their reputation for talking bollix.  :)
A possible problem with buying any vacuum now. I believe the EU directive which cut the maximum power they can use is now in force ?
So when we leave the EU can we then go back to, say, 2kw ones? ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 December 2017, 17:30:52 »

Probably, if you import it from the U.S. as they wont be available in Europe. Same as it is now I suppose.
Whether suppliers will actually start selling them again in this country ? I suppose if theres a good market, people will sell them.  :-\

I believe kettles toasters and hairdryers are scheduled for the same treatment as vacuums. Now I'm as thick as pigshit, but to my mind if you reduce the power of a vacuum cleaner to say, half what it was, the user will use it for twice as long to suck up a given amount of crap, so where is the energy saving.  ???

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 December 2017, 17:49:44 »

I suspect that we will end up in the single market in all but name to keep the Paddies happy.  Which will mean abiding by all the EU's laws, rules and regulations, yet with no input or influence.  ::)  It'll amount to governance with no representation.  >:(

Vacuum cleaners from the US won't work here due to the different voltage systems.  ;)  When my mate went to live in Houston he took his fancy coffee machine and had a transformer that was bigger than the coffee machine!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 December 2017, 17:50:08 »

Well the Dyson V6 animal gtx elite st has started to show its age. Had the head off the other day and removed half of Spain from inside. Needed a T8 ? Torx to get at the workings. How many people have one of those.....

Anyway Mrs V says she will never have another Dyson, so that rules out the V12 Absolute Gti. So it will soon be added to the pile of nearly working vacuum cleaners we have that for some obscure reason, only known to men , I am hoarding.

mmm the Philips PowerPro Ultimate FC9920/69 CDX in black with silver chrome looks good, mind you so does a large box of Thorntons (Continental of course). You can't eat a vacuum cleaner.

We made the mistake of buying a second Dyson, the hand held type, after some years away from them, so forgot how flimsy they are. Certainly they are not built for normal use, or convenient to use with old fingers. Light to handle, but easily broken if they fall over. >:(

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2017, 18:04:55 »

We made the mistake of buying a second Dyson, the hand held type, after some years away from them, so forgot how flimsy they are. Certainly they are not built for normal use, or convenient to use with old fingers. Light to handle, but easily broken if they fall over. >:(

Battery charge doesn,t last very long either. Use my old samsung cylinder to vacuum the car.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.