Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TB must be very happy?  (Read 3882 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: TB must be very happy?
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2017, 20:31:53 »

An innocent communist. A contradiction in terms surely.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 December 2017, 00:02:44 »

All debateable of course, but that is why Hitler is so outstanding. ;)

I think that's an unfortunate turn of phrase Lizzie.  :-\  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 December 2017, 11:11:25 »

I don't think so as he is outstanding amongst modern megalomaniacs for his ability to manipulate, coerce, almost hypnotize massive numbers of people (just read the accounts of those who met him, heard him, and gathered at the infamous Nazis rallies)  to commit to not only war but mass genocide, and an evil rarely seen at such magnitude. Stalin and Mao were responsible for terrible acts to so many of their fellow countrymen, but Hitler targeted men, women and children, across many nations, just because of their ethnic background or physical ability, with experimentation carried out on some of them to find out what caused their "flaws" or "differences", before gassing them. He managed to convince tens of thousands of what would have been previously considered well balanced people to fall into his spell and commit to such evil it is hard for us to understand or forgive. Oh yes, he was outstanding, but for all the wrong reasons that can rarely be contributed to one human being, that even as a Christian I find hard to forgive even if I have the right to do so. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 11 December 2017, 11:14:40 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 December 2017, 12:57:15 »

That reads even worse...

Basically suggesting that Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and Idi Amin are all great because they're the top four most murderous leaders ever...

And as for having the right to forgive just because of your beliefs... Well :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 December 2017, 14:26:32 »

That reads even worse...

Basically suggesting that Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and Idi Amin are all great because they're the top four most murderous leaders ever...

And as for having the right to forgive just because of your beliefs... Well :-X

Come on. Stop making something out of nothing DG ::) ::) ::)

Saying "outstanding" is not saying they are great!!  We can all use the term "outstanding" to say a performance was outstandingly bad, or a car was driven outstandingly badly, or someone was outstandingly cruel, just as much as you can use the word in the positive sense.

Please note the following Collins Dictionary definition of outstanding:
adverb [ADVERB adjective/adverb]
You use outstandingly to emphasize how good, or occasionally how bad, something is.

And as for faulting the Christian connection....................................!!!!!!! So even you can grasp what I was stating, I will explain that you, I or anyone else of any faith or none, who did not suffer directly (lived) through WW2 has no right to say they can forgive or not those who were, or may have been at fault.  We/I was not there and can make no judgement about forgiving or not.  The Luftwaffe air crew of the bomber that killed my grandfather (who actually in turn were killed) can only be forgiven or not by my father, not me.  Understand now?

This is why posting anything serious, or even humorous, on OOF is so problematic nowadays, when it used to be so straightforward.  So many do not post because of how they are afraid they are going to be belittled by the likes of you! >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 11 December 2017, 14:32:12 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 December 2017, 19:55:47 »

Come now, you're far too pious to be belittled, especially by the likes of me ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 December 2017, 22:34:25 »

I don't think so as he is outstanding amongst modern megalomaniacs for his ability to manipulate, coerce, almost hypnotize massive numbers of people (just read the accounts of those who met him, heard him, and gathered at the infamous Nazis rallies)  to commit to not only war but mass genocide, and an evil rarely seen at such magnitude. Stalin and Mao were responsible for terrible acts to so many of their fellow countrymen, but Hitler targeted men, women and children, across many nations, just because of their ethnic background or physical ability, with experimentation carried out on some of them to find out what caused their "flaws" or "differences", before gassing them. He managed to convince tens of thousands of what would have been previously considered well balanced people to fall into his spell and commit to such evil it is hard for us to understand or forgive. Oh yes, he was outstanding, but for all the wrong reasons that can rarely be contributed to one human being, that even as a Christian I find hard to forgive even if I have the right to do so. >:( >:( >:(

I know you like to give the Soviets/Communists/Marxists/Maoists a free pass on their atrocities but why does Stalin's treatment of Poland and other European states differ from what Hitler did? This was not within the pre-1939 USSR, but where the USSR invaded Poland and annexed other Eastern European states. :(

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP7.ADDENDA.HTM
« Last Edit: 11 December 2017, 22:37:39 by Rods2 »
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 December 2017, 23:16:27 »

I knew a farmer who was outstanding in his field, but I don't think there was anything great about him. :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 December 2017, 15:41:45 »

I know you like to give the Soviets/Communists/Marxists/Maoists a free pass on their atrocities but why does Stalin's treatment of Poland and other European states differ from what Hitler did? This was not within the pre-1939 USSR, but where the USSR invaded Poland and annexed other Eastern European states. :(

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP7.ADDENDA.HTM

In respect of what the Soviets did to Poland in 1939, in collusion with Nazis Germany, was undoubtedly a terrible act and in line with how Stalin, yes, could be equally cruel and murderous as Hitler.  But, after 1795 to 1919 (the end of The Great War)  Poland was partitioned and ruled by the Kingdom of Prussian , the Russian Empire, and Austria.  Hence both Hitler and Stalin considered (very wrongly!!) Poland and it's people part of their domain.  Hitler, of course, considered it a justified right to absorb Poland into the Third Reich, along with Austria and the Sudeten Lands (not forgetting Alsace and Lorraine). It was a murderous time from September 1939 to the Summer of 1941, but then Hitler excelled himself in evil and invaded the Soviet Union, directly murdering 100's of thousands of Russian civilians, with up to another 630,000 dying of starvation  and illness.  Of course upwards of 25 million Russians are believed to have perished overall due to WW2.

So yes, I cannot ignore what Stalin did to Poland, then to the Russian people themselves, including hundred of thousands of his own troops, both before, during and after WW2, but as I said before it was Hitler who murdered, or caused the death, of not just German civilians, but so many other nations peoples. ;)
« Last Edit: 12 December 2017, 15:49:46 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 December 2017, 17:48:57 »

To add balance, I would add that the Japanese must never be forgotten for their war crimes, many of which I would suggest would even make Hitler and Stalin shudder.

Here is a link for just some of the worst known:

http://www.pacificwar.org.au/JapWarCrimes/Cross-section_JapWarCrimes.html

and

http://www.ww2wrecks.com/portfolio/japanese-war-crimes-unit-731-cannibalism-torture-chemical-weapons-murdering-of-pows-and-civilians-and-other-atrocities/

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/japan-war-crimes

Note the information about the infamous Japanese Unit 731

WARNING; IMAGES IN THESE LINKS ARE UNSUITABLE FOR THE YOUNG AND MAY UPSET OLDER PERSONS

>:( >:(

We must also remember that atrocities are still happening in the 21st Century.  Man hasn't learned yet!
« Last Edit: 12 December 2017, 18:02:19 by Lizzie Zoom »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 December 2017, 18:07:48 »

In all the discussions above .. I note Lizzies last sentence and ask you  to think of ..

Rwanda 1962, 1994

Somalia 2008, 2016 to present

Ukrainia 1991

Sudan 2003

and should we include what ISIS have done over the past few years ??

and the list goes on .. and on ..and on

Robert Burns - 1784 wrote about   "Man's inhumanity to man" ... 

Samuel von Pufendorf - 1673 wrote, "More inhumanity has been done by man himself than any other of nature's causes."

:(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 December 2017, 18:24:10 »

Have you got away yet Nige?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 December 2017, 19:38:00 »

In all the discussions above .. I note Lizzies last sentence and ask you  to think of ..

Rwanda 1962, 1994

Somalia 2008, 2016 to present

Ukrainia 1991

Sudan 2003

and should we include what ISIS have done over the past few years ??

and the list goes on .. and on ..and on

Robert Burns - 1784 wrote about   "Man's inhumanity to man" ... 

Samuel von Pufendorf - 1673 wrote, "More inhumanity has been done by man himself than any other of nature's causes."

:(

Indeed, indeed. :'(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 December 2017, 19:52:33 »

Have you got away yet Nige?

answered in the other thread :) .. but no ... :(
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.