Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Theres Snow  (Read 9325 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Theres Snow
« Reply #45 on: 11 December 2017, 09:52:03 »

I feel cheated, not one single snow flake has settled here. Not even a dusting of snow, it's just wet/rain.

I climbed into the car this morning as normal, drove to work as normal. What is all the fuss about!  ::)  ;D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11 December 2017, 12:24:09 »

Still very lightly snowing here. Still not thawing and the back roads are still bad.
I just went out to start the black car and it had moved from where I'd left it. It must have slid down the drive from where I'd left it after trying to get out of the drive yesterday. Never had that happen before.  It is currently wedged on a funny angle against the garage door, the wheelie bins and the house wall. Just had to get in it through the tailgate as the drivers door mirror has trapped the bins and the passenger door is inches from the house wall. No damage from what I can see but if it spins up I'll have to leave it in case it slides into the wall.
Oh what fun.  ;D  Still, I can always use the Beemer as they are notoriously good in snow.  ;D

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 December 2017, 12:48:04 »

Insignia is 4x4 but not ventured out today and day off tomorrow otherwise would gave been an early shift , I am guessing that would have been an interesting drive otherwise
Good as gold in the snow, even with 20" wheels ;)

Just pop it in Sport mode and drive normally  8)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11 December 2017, 12:51:14 »

Still very lightly snowing here. Still not thawing and the back roads are still bad.
I just went out to start the black car and it had moved from where I'd left it. It must have slid down the drive from where I'd left it after trying to get out of the drive yesterday. Never had that happen before.  It is currently wedged on a funny angle against the garage door, the wheelie bins and the house wall. Just had to get in it through the tailgate as the drivers door mirror has trapped the bins and the passenger door is inches from the house wall. No damage from what I can see but if it spins up I'll have to leave it in case it slides into the wall.
Oh what fun.  ;D  Still, I can always use the Beemer as they are notoriously good in snow.  ;D
Brothers old Insignia did that down his drive, ended up in the hedge to the side  ;D

The Desmond could be interesting as it doesn't have TC ::) do have winter tyres on it though, so should be ok...

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11 December 2017, 13:12:14 »

Bit frosty here in Newcastle this morning , nice crisp weather for walking the dog  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #50 on: 11 December 2017, 13:34:40 »

Bit frosty here in Newcastle this morning , nice crisp weather for walking the dog  :y

Just got back from doing that in the park .. it's hard work trudging through snow! Certainly increases the workout factor.. dog doesn't seem to care, though ;D

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 December 2017, 14:10:04 »

yesterday morning I left Portsmouth at 9.30 & stopped for a hour at Linford to say farewell to my daughter. as I was driving towards the A3 a huge tree was blown down about 100 yards in front of me. the trunk luckily snapped in such a way that traffic was able to snake through the gap. when eventually getting to the M3 & on to the M25 & M1 the snow had arrive in earnest. volume of traffic & driving conditions slowed everything down to a crawl . motorway services were blocked off which made toilet breaks impossible ( I had to make a detour to have a pee break , wifey was desperate ) the delays & snow meant I never did the speed limit until past Leicester.  eventually got back to York at 8.15pm. going down to Hampshire I did the journey in 4. 1/4 hours.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 December 2017, 17:18:48 »

You almost sound surprised ???

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 December 2017, 18:17:27 »

Its downright dangerous outside now.....the sun melted some of the snow which turned into watery patches.....then the sun went down and the watery patches and snow has refrozen......I had the Mondeo going sideways at one point on what looked like a wet road....but must have been sheet ice! ....luckily nothing was coming the other way.
Going to be interesting tomorrow morning.....as -5/-6C forecast for tonight  :o

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11 December 2017, 18:27:15 »

Working all night... Not even chilly ::)

Cab heater is broken though, so window wide open to prevent misting...

Some MTFU pills needed from the way the news is lately  :D :D

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11 December 2017, 18:35:09 »

Just had a text from my office.....

Swindon BC have cancelled all school runs for tomorrow.....so that's 2 days now of snowday's for the school kids!

aaronjb

« Reply #56 on: 12 December 2017, 09:48:56 »

It is a little dicy on our road this morning, but it's warmed up to a balmy -2.5ºC according to the car.. I did decide to forego the 5.30am commute down the M1 and work from home, though.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 December 2017, 10:44:41 »

It is a little dicy on our road this morning, but it's warmed up to a balmy -2.5ºC according to the car.. I did decide to forego the 5.30am commute down the M1 and work from home, though.

Ya woosee, :).  I cant work from home, mmm  :o

Was up at 0400, about my business by 0445, a mild -5, now sat sitting in Hullshire its 0' in the sun.
Hoof'land storeman.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12 December 2017, 13:04:41 »

One guy in our team hasn't made it in today. It turns out neither his MX5 nor his BMW i3 are much cop in icy conditions.

Who'd have thunk it  :o

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12 December 2017, 13:39:50 »

One guy in our team hasn't made it in today. It turns out neither his MX5 nor his BMW i3 are much cop in icy conditions.

Who'd have thunk it  :o

SWMBO's MX-5 is about as much fun as you can have with your pants on when it snows. ;D </confused>

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.