Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Darwin at work  (Read 2675 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Darwin at work
« Reply #15 on: 13 December 2017, 18:37:18 »

Thanks for the balancing view, Lizzie - no pun intended. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone, but it is SO easy to look at things from only one side, expecially by sensation-making journalists, but things a re rarely black and white, are they?

Ron.

That's right Ron.  The original news report link at the opening of this thread was by the Daily Mail; the very paper so many on here call the Daily Fail!! ::) ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 December 2017, 18:46:57 »

Still a numpty though!  ::)  He's no use to his poor old Mum now is he?   :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 December 2017, 19:55:37 »

A friend of mine was a steeple jack where he erected metal chimneys and lined brick ones until it closed due to lack of work in the 2008 recession. He never had an accident but then again he didn't video himself doing pull-ups off the top edge of the chimney either. :o :o :o

If people want to kill or maim themselves by doing stupid dangerous things that is fine by me, but it can be very hard financially and emotionally on those left behind. I personally know too many people who have lost a loved one before their time. Some have never recovered emotionally, others recover or put on a brave face but they all have black days, like the anniversary of their death, birthdays, Christmas etc. :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 December 2017, 20:29:04 »

A friend of mine was a steeple jack where he erected metal chimneys and lined brick ones until it closed due to lack of work in the 2008 recession. He never had an accident but then again he didn't video himself doing pull-ups off the top edge of the chimney either. :o :o :o

If people want to kill or maim themselves by doing stupid dangerous things that is fine by me, but it can be very hard financially and emotionally on those left behind. I personally know too many people who have lost a loved one before their time. Some have never recovered emotionally, others recover or put on a brave face but they all have black days, like the anniversary of their death, birthdays, Christmas etc. :(

Strangely enough my ex had an Uncle, Danny, who was also a steeple jack and was quite a character. He even did a handstand on a very tall chimney and had his photo taken from a helicopter, which ended up being published in the Daily Mirror.  Later he would end up falling off a chimney at a Kodak factory, and breaking a lot of bones when he landed in a wheelbarrow.  Once he finally recovered, he went back to steeple jacking, with his final work being in the roof area above the Albert Hall. The other funny thing about him was he loved his drink, an odd mix indeed for someone in his profession, but, apart from the one accident, he lived to old age. ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 December 2017, 21:17:03 »

Thanks for the balancing view, Lizzie - no pun intended. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone, but it is SO easy to look at things from only one side, expecially by sensation-making journalists, but things a re rarely black and white, are they?

Ron.
Multicultural is the word you're looking for... ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 December 2017, 23:02:55 »

No, it isn't.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.