Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The most important question I have....  (Read 1568 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
The most important question I have....
« on: 14 December 2017, 14:01:01 »

Will I get staff discount for Disneyland? As that would save me a fortune when the kids wife is asking me to take them  her .....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/disney-21st-century-fox-deal-takeover-sky-rupert-murdoch-explanation-what-does-it-mean-future-a8110166.html

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: The most important question I have....
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2017, 14:38:11 »

You must be joking, all those share options coming good and you still want a discount?! Tight get!

:y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2017, 14:43:02 »

You must be joking, all those share options coming good and you still want a discount?! Tight get!

:y

Of course, all those share options would be burning hole in my pocket for Jag XF-S  ;D  :)

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2017, 14:47:45 »

It could be a very long process. No one will be taking full control of sky until the Disney/Fox deal has cleared the American regulators. That’s far from a rubber stamping. If that clears all the hurdles then Disney would have to take control of the sky shares it doesn’t own and, although there wouldn’t be the same scrutiny applied as with a Fox takeover, I doubt it would happen overnight.
Keep your shares in your pocket, Tunnie. You’re not desperate for a jag and they could end up being worth even more in the long run.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2017, 14:52:43 »

It could be a very long process. No one will be taking full control of sky until the Disney/Fox deal has cleared the American regulators. That’s far from a rubber stamping. If that clears all the hurdles then Disney would have to take control of the sky shares it doesn’t own and, although there wouldn’t be the same scrutiny applied as with a Fox takeover, I doubt it would happen overnight.
Keep your shares in your pocket, Tunnie. You’re not desperate for a jag and they could end up being worth even more in the long run.

Not quite correct, the Fox deal to purchase Sky will continue as normal. So come the summer, Fox would own 100% of Sky. (if it's approved by UK regulators, the CMA) - Disney then move to own Fox. Of course Fox takeover could fail, then Disney would only have the 39% stake of Sky.

When/If Fox deal completes, I am bought out, I have no option but to take the cash....

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2017, 15:14:11 »

Its only Mickey Mouse money (well shares actually)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2017, 15:49:18 »

Staff discount? Will you be working American hours and thus have no time for holidays? ;D. Just Whatsup with the wife and kids while they are on holiday.

Watch out for parent takeover companies having wild expansion schemes and then filing for Chapter 7,11 bankruptcy. Your new shares or schemes might end up being worthless. I know from experience.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2017, 15:51:19 »

Staff discount? Will you be working American hours and thus have no time for holidays? ;D. Just Whatsup with the wife and kids while they are on holiday.

Watch out for parent takeover companies having wild expansion schemes and then filing for Chapter 7,11 bankruptcy. Your new shares or schemes might end up being worthless. I know from experience.

Won't get any new shares, I'm bought out at the Fox take over price  :y

I can then take out new schemes if I want, which to be honest, I don't think I will.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2017, 19:07:31 »

If it's Disneyland Paris, insist they pay you for the privilege of visiting and you will still feel hard done by. Parc Asterix was much cheaper and a much better day out when I used to take my oldest daughter to both. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 December 2017, 18:13:57 »

I'd just watch out for working for large American organisations. The world ends at the Eastern Seaboard. And are usually crap to work for when you're European based (due to EU worker rights).  Ask all my ex colleagues working for what is now DXC. Well, those that are left.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.