Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3013024 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #15420 on: 13 December 2017, 18:46:18 »

Took car for its service only to be told there was a mistake and it is due in next week.......they are truly a complete and utter pile of....
It really does begger belief. Its an absolute disgrace that you are getting pissed around, only made worse by the fact this was supposed to have been done a month ago.

And yet, as you have probably seen, forums seem to constantly reply to any query, "take it to dealer".
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: 14 December 2017, 09:20:41 »

I received a questionnaire from Jaguar on Tuesday which I duly completed yesterday lunch time.....

.....questions such as:

'Would you recommend Stratstone Jaguar Nottingham to others' I was generous with giving them a 2 plus a comment something like, pleasant atmosphere and very welcoming however, they then fail to complete on the basics of effective communication and preparing the car to the agreed standard.

The phone rang at 4.50pm....some senior bod from Stratstone, we will be discussing things further on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2017, 10:37:48 by Fuse 19 »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: 14 December 2017, 09:55:04 »

Maybe you two should launch JOOF and show Jag owners what a forum should really be like.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #15423 on: 14 December 2017, 11:46:28 »

Maybe you two should launch JOOF and show Jag owners what a forum should really be like.  :y
Jaguar Omega Owners Forum? No.

aaronjb

« Reply #15424 on: 14 December 2017, 11:58:06 »

JOF.

STEMO

« Reply #15425 on: 14 December 2017, 14:51:34 »

JOF.
They’ve already got a JOC, don’t think they’d want a JOF too.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: 15 December 2017, 08:38:02 »

Ordered the remaining bits for suspension rebuild... Just need to find a nice dry four days in January to get them fitted ::)

Will deal with front chassis rails at the same time... much easier without the suspension in the way ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: 15 December 2017, 09:36:20 »

FOUR days??

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: 15 December 2017, 15:25:32 »

I could do the shocks in a day, but short daylight and doing donuts, diff mounts, rear track rods, wishbones, trackrods and front struts, plus front inner arch/chassis rails plus getting it set up...

Should drive spot on afterwards  8)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: 15 December 2017, 16:42:25 »

I could do the shocks in a day, but short daylight and doing donuts, diff mounts, rear track rods, wishbones, trackrods and front struts, plus front inner arch/chassis rails plus getting it set up...

Can you build up the struts before you remove the old ones? That's 30minutes at the bench, with a beer, after work. Then the whole front end is maybe 90minutes per side - as you've done several of them you know that the wishbones are much easier with the struts out of the way.

I would suggest a cup wheel on an angle grinder for the chassis rails, but with your history......... ;D

The longest bit of the rear is the donuts, but that's only 45minutes per side.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: 15 December 2017, 17:56:35 »

I received a questionnaire from Jaguar on Tuesday which I duly completed yesterday lunch time.....

.....questions such as:

'Would you recommend Stratstone Jaguar Nottingham to others' I was generous with giving them a 2 plus a comment something like, pleasant atmosphere and very welcoming however, they then fail to complete on the basics of effective communication and preparing the car to the agreed standard.

The phone rang at 4.50pm....some senior bod from Stratstone, we will be discussing things further on Tuesday.
The only survey I could fill out when Strathstone Jaguar "mislaid" my over a saleman's lunchbreak was an over the phone one :(

I would loved to have written something down.  I think she offered me a call from the service manager, but what was the point, as I will never visit that service department again. Ever.  Incompetence doesn't even come close.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: 15 December 2017, 17:57:05 »

Foreskin ear warmers...
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: 15 December 2017, 18:22:21 »

Can you build up the struts before you remove the old ones? That's 30minutes at the bench, with a beer, after work. Then the whole front end is maybe 90minutes per side - as you've done several of them you know that the wishbones are much easier with the struts out of the way.

I would suggest a cup wheel on an angle grinder for the chassis rails, but with your history......... ;D

The longest bit of the rear is the donuts, but that's only 45minutes per side.
That's the plan re the struts :y

One good stiff wire brushing is planned as the first step... What follows depends on what delights that reveals.

Need to press out the front bushes to poly and cast a set of diff mounts. Alot will be done before actually attacking it ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: 17 December 2017, 11:23:35 »

Ordered yet another set of rear pads for the Battlebus ;D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: 17 December 2017, 11:55:58 »

.....questions such as:

The only survey I could fill out when Strathstone Jaguar "mislaid" my over a saleman's lunchbreak was an over the phone one :(

I would loved to have written something down.  I think she offered me a call from the service manager, but what was the point, as I will never visit that service department again. Ever.  Incompetence doesn't even come close.

Jaguar CRC  (customer relationship centre) are worse than f*cking useless. They are a one trick pony who always say the same regardless of the problem. "We are unable to help, we suggest you contact your dealer"

They are there to back the dealers up and are not for the benefit of the customer. They are, in effect, the dealers poodle.

They have no power to compel the dealers to put things right.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.