Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Halfords Concentrate Screenwash -10' BOGOF, works out 50p a Litre  (Read 4774 times)

chrisio

• Penrith
    • View Profile
Re: Halfords Concentrate Screenwash -10' BOGOF, works out 50p a Litre
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2018, 08:31:34 »

Wouldn't trust them to even check my tyre pressures, let alone anything else.

terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired!  not all of us are muppets.

you can say the same about any job in any sector in any area of the country - if you don't like don't shop there - simples.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2018, 09:27:37 »

you can say the same about any job in any sector in any area of the country - if you don't like don't shop there - simples.

I will shop wherever I please , as for letting  " Muppets" touch any of my vehicles a definite no ! Do I take it from your comment you are a Halfords employee ?😀

chrisio

• Penrith
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2018, 11:18:57 »

I will shop wherever I please , as for letting  " Muppets" touch any of my vehicles a definite no ! Do I take it from your comment you are a Halfords employee ?😀

I was until last month when I left due to my own business self sustaining.  Don't get me wrong - I know first hand the muppetry that goes on at certain stores with certain employees but I also know that most of the stores and "most" of the employees do a very good job within the boundaries laid down.

The fitting service (and that includes topping up screenwash)  is aimed squarely at the people who don't know how to change a bulb/wiper/addblue etc or don't want to and they are happy to pay the few quid it costs and NOT to those people who are able to and want to do it themselves and you would be surprised at number of grown men who don't even know how to lift the bonnet.

Sorry for picking at your post and no offence intended but yours just happened to be the one that I saw!

Cheers

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2018, 13:11:21 »

Don't do delivery though  :(

O no, you'll have to interact with a spotty you'ff, the indignanty of it.

For Tunnie and I, it is not the issue of dealing wiv da spotti yoof but rather dealing with the traffic at Farnborough Gate retail park.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2018, 14:18:09 »

Apparently the BOGOF offer ended on Monday, Swindon store tell me today when I try ....  :(

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2018, 14:21:49 »

Doesn't sound quite right to me :/ 
I ordered mine for collection yesterday & Still got the . Maybe ander it online& callestfrom store

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2018, 14:41:30 »

Don't do delivery though  :(

O no, you'll have to interact with a spotty you'ff, the indignanty of it.

For Tunnie and I, it is not the issue of dealing wiv da spotti yoof but rather dealing with the traffic at Farnborough Gate retail park.

Yup and just general faff with getting to any Halfords on way home from work. One at Twickenham too, but again pain getting there in rush hour.  Having stuff delivered for free is a big bonus and why I've used ECP quite a bit.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2018, 17:52:36 »

Having stuff delivered for free is a big bonus and why I've used ECP quite a bit.
Doing a job once is my primary concern, hence rarely use ECP.  And knowing where I live, anywhere is a faff (except Trade Club, who deliver).

I saw an ECP van on the back roads near fatty in town.  Guessing it could only be delivering to one place there, I think I can now answer why my wheel bearing lasted sub 100 miles.

I've beaten around the bush many times before, but never been direct. So here goes.  In my experience the vast majority of what they sell, if not all, is fake or seconds.  And even with the 100% off offers, not significantly cheaper than more reputable suppliers, and frequently significantly cheaper elsewher.

Like egay/Amazon, they play on the bone idleness of the UK population. And a fool and his money.... ;)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2018, 18:06:23 »

But that are these “reputable” other places?

It’s only ECP or other versions around here like Andrew Page, no independents.

I’ve not had any issues personally.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 March 2018, 18:16:25 »

As you don't like venturing out, one would assume you have the entire internet at your disposal.  You can get all sorts from there - its like a big department store, and sells everything ::).

I've had some suitable parts from them, but also had clearly substandard, non original, parts from the 3 different stores I do occasionally get to, and online.

Most of it gets returned if I CBA, or tipped down the drain in the case of those 30l of dyed water then claimed was concentrated screenwash.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 March 2018, 18:38:40 »

Nor have I. And people playing at being at mechanics on a Sunday afternoon are not ECP's real market. That's obvious if you ever go into one of their branches: one flustered bloke behind the counter, trying to deal with people who don't know a whatsit from a thingy, while behind him 10 people man the phones to customers who know exactly what they want, and send it out in a fleet of vans to trade customers, who cannot afford, and will not put up with more than the occasional returned part.

The only reason they have the counter is because it does provide an additional revenue stream, from customers who are ignorant of what this stuff actually costs. Nor do they have counter stock delivered from the OE supplier's secret second production lines.

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 07 March 2018, 18:40:55 »

Counter staff are the for click and collect, too. That's the service I usually use, as I cannot be arsed waiting in.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 March 2018, 18:54:45 »

Nor do they have counter stock delivered from the OE supplier's secret second production lines.
That's not what I said, and you know it.

I said, IME, they supply parts that aren't what they claim, or have come from dubious sources.

Whether or not they supply their trade customers the same, who knows.  I can't see a garage finding it good business sense if they do, unless they are putting a hell of a markup on it, so can cover the labour of replacements.  Certainly if the garage that did my wheel bearing did use ECP, its cost them dearly in labour.  I'll ask him next time I'm down there.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 March 2018, 21:40:32 »

I must admit, I am now trying to get all of my stuff from the one remaining independent family run factors in town these days, regardless of price.

Most of his stuff is brands I've never heard of, but I've had no problems with any of it, so I guess he does his homework, and, if he can't help me, he's straight on the phone to find someone who will.

Like the time when I needed some fuel line about 1/2" in diameter sent me round to an agricultural wholesaler who sold me an offcut from one of their reels for pennies.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 08 March 2018, 09:22:58 »

Like the time when I needed some fuel line about 1/2" in diameter sent me round to an agricultural wholesaler who sold me an offcut from one of their reels for pennies.

Christ, planning a large engine upgrade on the Westfield? ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.