Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Aldi  (Read 5653 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Aldi
« Reply #45 on: 26 May 2020, 18:10:25 »

Fair play to Tescos for publically admitting it.

Just because the others don't shout about it, doesn't mean that they don't sell it (or buy from suppliers that do)  :-X

Indeed. In fact it's often said that a lot of meat is Halal, but just not labelled as such. There is pressure for labelling to be clear on this.

It niggles that shops will go on about vegan, gluten free, ethical eggs, free range chicken, line caught fish and everything so 'Nice' and ethical and cuddly . . . but then advertise their Halal meat on TV. Actually, the supermarkets claim that their Halal is humane blah blah. I just don't believe them. It's Halal or not Halal.

There are some terrible videos around of Halal slaughter, but it is never stated which country. I'm not some rabid animal activist. I like meat. I just think that in this day and age there is no excuse for brutality and needless suffering.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 26 May 2020, 18:18:04 »

It does seem a very strange form of "religion " and I use that term very loosely indeed where so called human beings enjoy causing unnecessary suffering to helpless animals, if that's the way they wish to live do it somewhere else & not in the UK.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 26 May 2020, 18:41:46 »

"Causing unnecessary suffering to helpless humans' sounds more like religion to me.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 26 May 2020, 20:33:34 »

"Causing unnecessary suffering to helpless humans' sounds more like religion to me.

Certainly does especially the one I'm talking about 😀😄😃
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26 May 2020, 20:50:41 »

Fair play to Tescos for publically admitting it.

Just because the others don't shout about it, doesn't mean that they don't sell it (or buy from suppliers that do)  :-X

Indeed. In fact it's often said that a lot of meat is Halal, but just not labelled as such. There is pressure for labelling to be clear on this.

It niggles that shops will go on about vegan, gluten free, ethical eggs, free range chicken, line caught fish and everything so 'Nice' and ethical and cuddly . . . but then advertise their Halal meat on TV. Actually, the supermarkets claim that their Halal is humane blah blah. I just don't believe them. It's Halal or not Halal.

There are some terrible videos around of Halal slaughter, but it is never stated which country. I'm not some rabid animal activist. I like meat. I just think that in this day and age there is no excuse for brutality and needless suffering.

Just put some pork products in the halal meat section,, they have to clear it all out and restock that section...  Also do you think the big supermarkets are going to put the halal and kosher on a separate motor to be delivered,  I'll let you work that out.
Hoof'land storeman.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 26 May 2020, 21:39:19 »

Very rarely go in Aldi and it's a good 10yrs since I last went in Lidl,Sainsbury has always worked out more expensive than either Tesco or Morrisons.Asda is a store I've never got on with going to for some reason and I wouldn't even know where the nearest Waitrose is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.