Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Jobs" Looks interesting..  (Read 1064 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
"Jobs" Looks interesting..
« on: 22 June 2013, 22:51:10 »

Have heard awhile ago there was a film in the pipeline about Steve Jobs life with Apple.. Now they have released a trailer... Love or Hate Steve Jobs he sure was a unique man who will go down in history no doubt about that...

Here's the trailer video...

Link

Looking forward myself  :y

chrisgixer

Re: "Jobs" Looks interesting..
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2013, 23:13:09 »

Interesting mind set, no doubt there. :)

Which "should" be of interest. :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2013, 01:18:39 »

I'm sure it is an interesting story, but most Hollywood crap these days I find unwatchable, where it is so over dramatized and aimed at a 12 to 20 year old audience.

I hope this will be watchable, but I'm not hopeful after seeing the trailer and will probably read his biography, which is due out as a paperback in September.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2013, 08:49:18 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2013, 09:06:26 »

I'm sure I have some fresh paint I can watch dry instead for my kicks.
Grumpy old man

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2013, 12:19:30 »

try fresh anti-vandal paint for an even more enjoyable experience. :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2013, 17:59:04 »

Aaaah you can't beat a Microdroop purist ;D

I'm sure most of us are smart enough to pick the appropriate message out of the BS.

While cirtain individuals are keen to make out apple owners as some sort or purists, I prefer to keep an open mind, and take the best out if a situation if I can. Don't always get it right, but at least try. Aye. :)

I'm sure the bloke had his faults like the rest if us, but you can't deny his success and ambition. Not legitimately anyway. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2013, 08:34:20 »

Aaaah you can't beat a Microdroop purist ;D

I'm sure most of us are smart enough to pick the appropriate message out of the BS.

While cirtain individuals are keen to make out apple owners as some sort or purists, I prefer to keep an open mind, and take the best out if a situation if I can. Don't always get it right, but at least try. Aye. :)

I'm sure the bloke had his faults like the rest if us, but you can't deny his success and ambition. Not legitimately anyway. :)
Trouble is, the story is well known, and TBH, will need a lot of creative flare to make it into a film. His success came from being able to take other people's ideas, and develop them and make them marketable. Plus the fact he was a control freak.  Certainly a company like Apple cannot function without Jobs, as has become clear.

MS is no different, it cannot function without Gates heading it up. Gate's visions were far more reaching than Job's ever were, and brought far more innovation. But MS, then and now, are poor at marketing stuff, and getting any coherent message over.

You are of course right, you pick the right device for the needs you are buying it for, which means being open minded. We all know some people will only consider Sony/Apple/BMW (or Vauxhall, if your name is Hornby) ;). My eldest bro, bless him, only has Sony TVs, Apple iPhones (errr, on my advice  :-[) and gayPads, and drives a BMW and a MINI. It makes it too easy for phish taking when we meet ;D.  In his shops, all his public TVs are Sony, and all the stuff customers type their details in are Apple tablets, as these are premium brands that customers expect to see...  ...little do they know that behind all the counters are Dell PCs and HP servers running everything ;D
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2013, 07:10:12 »

...and now, everyone is copying Apple.

Actually no, it's not copying, and copying alone, it's development. Take an idea and add your own ideas. Legalitys aside of course.

In house it's called development. Between company's it's called copyright infringement. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #9 on: 25 June 2013, 07:10:52 »

I might wait for the DVD to come out though. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.