Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering Joining RAC  (Read 3846 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Considering Joining RAC
« on: 26 June 2013, 22:50:07 »

Have never joined any of these type of road side breakdown companies... But having checked how much it is i'm seriously considering it for peace of mind...

Roadside, Recovery and Onward Travel (package) £79.99 once a year or £8.25 direct debit monthly..

Anyone else on this package or is there a cheaper better deal with another company, AA etc. ?

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Considering Joining RAC
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2013, 22:58:09 »

We are in the AA....... :y :y

We were in for years but never used them so stopped, a little over a year ago swmbo was away at the caravan (Static) and rang me with a problem, can't remember what now, but in anticipation Joined, she got home fine.... ::) ::) so never used and just renewed......never really sure what to do, like the pet insurance that I paid for the dog, about £5k and never used so have stopped.............. :y :y

Ironically we never insured the cat and have twice paid out £3 or £4 hundred, still less than would have paid in premiums though.... :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2013, 23:00:47 »

We are in the AA....... :y :y

We were in for years but never used them so stopped, a little over a year ago swmbo was away at the caravan (Static) and rang me with a problem, can't remember what now, but in anticipation Joined, she got home fine.... ::) ::) so never used and just renewed......never really sure what to do, like the pet insurance that I paid for the dog, about £5k and never used so have stopped.............. :y :y

Ironically we never insured the cat and have twice paid out £3 or £4 hundred, still less than would have paid in premiums though.... :y

We are talking about an Omega here the likely hood of something going haywire is possible  ;D But yeah i see your point  :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2013, 23:03:29 »

I was with the AA for over 28 years .. then they stopped being a "service" and sold out to commercial crap ... too many restrictions and stupidity ...  :(  when I checked the RAC was very much the same ... so we joined "Green Flag" and have been very pleased with them. Couple of callouts have been dealt with promptly and efficiently.. to problems at all ...   :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2013, 23:06:24 »

I was with the RAC a few years ago, and wouldn't recommend them.  ::)

I broke down on bendy country road in a hazardous place and when I phoned the RAC, I explained that I needed assistance urgently, they promised to come ASAP and took 2 hours!!  >:(  and another time I broke down in Bristol and they said they couldn't get anyone to me for at least 4 hours!!!!  >:(

I now use one of the cheap and cheerful insurance based breakdown companies who use local garages.  ;)  Do a search on one of the comparison sites.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

omega3000

« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2013, 23:27:19 »

My dads been with Green Flag for many years , he has never called them out yet as he has a thoroughly reliable Toyota  ::)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2013, 23:39:52 »

The Recovery option will they say if your 100 odd miles away from home deliver the car to my doorstep all inclusive of the £79.99  a year or £8.25 DD monthly payment deal or are there hidden costs...

And the roadside assistance are there hidden costs there ( i bet there is ) but i have no experience with them  :-\ Say if the crank sensor or something was diagnosed the problem what would happen then...
« Last Edit: 26 June 2013, 23:42:04 by OmegaMan2.2 »

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 June 2013, 23:43:23 »

I was with the AA for over 28 years .. then they stopped being a "service" and sold out to commercial crap ... too many restrictions and stupidity ...  :(  when I checked the RAC was very much the same ... so we joined "Green Flag" and have been very pleased with them. Couple of callouts have been dealt with promptly and efficiently.. to problems at all ...   :y :y

How much are they if you don't mind me asking ?

and are they nation wide (can't say i've seen a green flag van) plenty of TV adverts though  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 June 2013, 23:52:23 »

We pay £90 a year, that covers Mrs E and myself and is NOT car dependent .. it is personal cover, so if either one of us was a passenger in a car that broke down, then GF will still attend, also includes "dual trip" cover of the car and 'van .. if either breaks down on the way to a holiday.. we get taken to the holiday and then back home again if the vehicle is not repairable.

£90 for the two of us is very good compared to what the AA wanted,and they didn't cover the 'van either .. GF cover both car and 'van when towing..  :)

Certainly nationwide cover, and a discount if they are not there within an hour of your call .. :)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 June 2013, 00:03:36 »

We pay £90 a year, that covers Mrs E and myself and is NOT car dependent .. it is personal cover, so if either one of us was a passenger in a car that broke down, then GF will still attend, also includes "dual trip" cover of the car and 'van .. if either breaks down on the way to a holiday.. we get taken to the holiday and then back home again if the vehicle is not repairable.

£90 for the two of us is very good compared to what the AA wanted,and they didn't cover the 'van either .. GF cover both car and 'van when towing..  :)

Certainly nationwide cover, and a discount if they are not there within an hour of your call .. :)

Sounds good  :) will have a look at their website tomorrow  :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 June 2013, 00:25:53 »

It is indeed, think I have just renewed with the AA at a cost of £160 for both of us, similar package.........They got me at a bad time............ :( :(

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2013, 00:35:48 »

Mine is with the AA through my bank account. £10 a month, but I do get phone insurance, travel insurance and unrestricted AA cover, (which I rip the piss out of use occasionally)  :y

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 June 2013, 07:03:26 »

Been with RAC for years and very good service when I've needed to se them. You do seem to have to call them at every renewal to get the best price a bit like insurance.

Steve
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 June 2013, 07:55:48 »

I'm with Rac never really had a bad experience with them, they would rather tow the car than fix the problem though.one time when my drive belt pulley came off all it needed were 4 bolts to put it back on but he said he would recover it cause it would be quicker than fixing it I think he was just being lazy :(

Also give them a call say gf will do it cheaper for the same level they should look after you on price :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #14 on: 27 June 2013, 13:00:09 »

Had RAC and Green Flag membership over the years, but for me the AA have been excellent and I have now stayed with them for more years than I remember! :D :D :y
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.