Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first omega - before and after !  (Read 1358 times)

belldarr

My first omega - before and after !
« on: 18 January 2009, 15:57:25 »

Hi all - thought I would post up some pics of my first Omega - a mini facelift 2.5 elite auto.

Had it 6 months before disaster struck and it was written off by T-boning a driver who failed to stop in time for a junction - I was impressed at how well the Omega took the impact of that and the subsequent crash into a tree/hedgerow - I was travelling along around 50mph and didnt even have time to brake - must have been a fault on the airbag system too as none of them went off - great time to find out!

[imghttp://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr113/Belldarr/omega/red%20omega/Picture071.jpg][/img]

And the car that I hit - nissan 4x4 brand new and also written off :(

Insurance paid out within 6 weeks and worst injury was a few cuts and bruises on the other guy - his curtain airbag had saved him from too much damage and we were both just thankful for nothing worse - glad I had a big car that could handle the impact  :y

Regards

Darren

HolyCount

Re: My first omega - before and after !
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2009, 16:51:53 »

Ouch!!!  Glad everyone walked away OK !  Gutting though. t'was a nice looking car.

kris9128

« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2009, 18:25:54 »

bit o tcut will sort that out mate  ;D. glad you were able to walk away with all intact. shame about the car tho. gutted. will you be getting another  :y :y :y

belldarr

« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2009, 18:31:05 »

bit o tcut will sort that out mate  ;D. glad you were able to walk away with all intact. shame about the car tho. gutted. will you be getting another  :y :y :y

Lol, yes some filler and a bit of a pull - right as rain....and yes glad that all managed to walk away ok.

Yes went out the very next day (this happened in Feb 07) and got a facelift 2.5 elite - kept that for a year and then saw a nice 3.2 elite in black with lots of toys so I got that and sold the 2.5  :y

Regards

Darren

MindlessJD

• Locks Heath, Hampshire
  • Mac Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2009, 20:19:35 »

Lol, yes some filler and a bit of a pull - right as rain....and yes glad that all managed to walk away ok.

Yes went out the very next day (this happened in Feb 07) and got a facelift 2.5 elite - kept that for a year and then saw a nice 3.2 elite in black with lots of toys so I got that and sold the 2.5  :y

Regards

Darren

Perhaps some pictures of this beauty?  :D

:y
General House Repairs in South Hampshire
-- http://www.lfdennett.co.uk --

dene wakefield lad

• Intermediate Member
  • wakefield yorkshire
  • my 1st love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2009, 20:56:01 »

:'(wat a shame,looked a nice example,glad every1 ok :y

belldarr

« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2009, 21:23:43 »

my 3.2 elite - as requested, now I have the hang of the pic uploading :)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2009, 21:45:47 »

Outch, at least you were ok. :y

Wonder why the airbag didnt go off? Did you hit the other car dead head on?  :-?
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

MindlessJD

• Locks Heath, Hampshire
  • Mac Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2009, 22:01:34 »

Thank you belldarr, your Mig is gorgeous! I love black ones.  8-)

belldarr

« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2009, 22:15:35 »

thanks MindlessJD - you can see why I just had to have it lol, first black car I have ever owned and I have to say it does polish up well :)  and it has the cream leather that I like too - as well as the colour display so it was too good to let go.

Darren

MindlessJD

• Locks Heath, Hampshire
  • Mac Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 January 2009, 22:22:05 »

thanks MindlessJD - you can see why I just had to have it lol, first black car I have ever owned and I have to say it does polish up well :)  and it has the cream leather that I like too - as well as the colour display so it was too good to let go.

Darren

Indeed; how could you pass up on that beauty. It would not be forgivable if you did!  :D

belldarr

« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2009, 22:29:10 »

Outch, at least you were ok. :y

Wonder why the airbag didnt go off? Did you hit the other car dead head on?  :-?

No I hit his car side-on at 50mph - then carried on for 40 yards or so and into a tree/hedgerow which luckily stopped me as there was a 30 + feet drop the other side, as it happens it was lucky that the steering wheel airbag didn't go off as I had unbuckled my seat belt as I was skidding along on 3 wheels after the first impact and when the tree stopped me dead I was pinged forward - onto the wheel - you can imagine what would have happened had I met the exploding airbag at this point! but I guess no way of testing air bags until you really need them!

Darren

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 January 2009, 23:16:43 »

kinda wish my ex plod was in black :(
V8!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.