Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980161 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #150 on: 09 May 2011, 09:10:56 »

Dam bleed nipple snapped in the front caliper so have got to change the whole assembly....Grrrr.

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 09 May 2011, 09:13:47 »

made a new twin 3" exhaust for the Holden

Chuffed I am.

feeutfo

« Reply #152 on: 09 May 2011, 10:13:20 »

made a new twin 3" exhaust for the Holden

Chuffed I am.
Pics? :y
« Last Edit: 09 May 2011, 10:16:20 by chrisgixer »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 09 May 2011, 17:56:23 »

Today, I've ordered some parts to make TBE move again...
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 09 May 2011, 18:45:49 »

well the new estate now drives very very similarly to the old faithful, which is great news for me!! now maybe i can start to like it more than the older one!! spent most of the day removing the poly donut bushes from fdf (5years and 54kmiles and not an iota of wear anywhere on them they look like new still)and replacing them with some senator ones i had in "stock" lol and now i know what people mean when they say they dont fit, well they dont initially i agree, but removal of a approx 8mm from the tower allowed them to sit in there very very snuggly, and after tearing up and down the local tracks (bumpy and undulating)drifting and generally giving it some beans to test it, can report senator bushes modded this way work very very well, they have no voids in them so are in actual fact stiffer than std omega bushes!! and they have not moved, which i understand was a problem someone had with them?also removed the air shocks from fdf an fitted them to the new one kpd, along with the poly bushes, and it has made a hell of a difference to the car!!! it now drives properly!! all in all well worth doing!!still cant get it to pull as well but am working on it!! next step is wishbone on drivers side as it has slight play in it, then i can get on with making the engine sing properly!! I know it has a boost leak at the moment which is down to someone not fitting new inlet gaskets, when they did the glowplugs, sort that first then maybe up the boost to fdf levels, but am slightly worried the maf may throw a wobbly!!  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 09 May 2011, 18:48:32 »

well the new estate now drives very very similarly to the old faithful, which is great news for me!! now maybe i can start to like it more than the older one!! spent most of the day removing the poly donut bushes from fdf (5years and 54kmiles and not an iota of wear anywhere on them they look like new still)and replacing them with some senator ones i had in "stock" lol and now i know what people mean when they say they dont fit, well they dont initially i agree, but removal of a approx 8mm from the tower allowed them to sit in there very very snuggly, and after tearing up and down the local tracks (bumpy and undulating)drifting and generally giving it some beans to test it, can report senator bushes modded this way work very very well, they have no voids in them so are in actual fact stiffer than std omega bushes!! and they have not moved, which i understand was a problem someone had with them?also removed the air shocks from fdf an fitted them to the new one kpd, along with the poly bushes, and it has made a hell of a difference to the car!!! it now drives properly!! all in all well worth doing!!still cant get it to pull as well but am working on it!! next step is wishbone on drivers side as it has slight play in it, then i can get on with making the engine sing properly!! I know it has a boost leak at the moment which is down to someone not fitting new inlet gaskets, when they did the glowplugs, sort that first then maybe up the boost to fdf levels, but am slightly worried the maf may throw a wobbly!!  :y
Get a more powerful chip, sod the low speed stutter ;D
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 09 May 2011, 20:36:42 »

Get a more powerful chip, sod the low speed stutter ;D

lol maybe!! however first i want to sort the boost leak then maybe a little more boost :o to try and get round the stutter prob, theory is if i can get the boost coming in earlier then it cant see the throttle closed at 1500rpm
can only try, but at least now on full bore it aint all over the place with the back end squirreling all over the road :y

albitz

« Reply #157 on: 09 May 2011, 20:40:45 »

Cleaned the breathers, changed the oil, oil filter, air filter and wiper blades.
Didnt manage to get the cambelt done though.Got up mid afternoon with a headache and no energy, so progress was very slow. :(

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 09 May 2011, 22:05:51 »

Cleaned the breathers, changed the oil, oil filter, air filter and wiper blades.
Didnt manage to get the cambelt done though.Got up mid afternoon with a headache and no energy, so progress was very slow. :(

If you get it all stripped down and cover off I'll give some moral support tomorrow ;) :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #159 on: 09 May 2011, 23:29:29 »

Nah, might leave it until the weekend - at work. Doing 12 hour dayshifts, so should be able to do it there at my leisure. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 10 May 2011, 20:16:28 »

Sorted out the Air Conditioning... Had it re-gassed for them to find that one of the valves was leaking ::) ::) But they did replace the leaking valve FOC and re-gas it for me... Now icy cold :y :y

And then, with the assistance of Albs, Oil and filter change, Brake fluid change and check strap bush replacement, as well as collecting some useful bits and pieces for some upcoming work :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 15 May 2011, 20:30:17 »

After going out for a drive in the rain, I came home to put the scuttle and wipers back on TBE ::)

Also rotated tank slightly, as its overfilling
Grumpy old man

Martian

« Reply #162 on: 15 May 2011, 20:33:21 »

Dam bleed nipple snapped in the front caliper so have got to change the whole assembly....Grrrr.
Have you considered drilling it out, retapping and fit new??

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 15 May 2011, 20:39:00 »

Have you considered drilling it out, retapping and fit new??

If I had access to a loco workshop & tools/machines, that's the route I'd take. tapping size for M8 is 17/64" or 6.8mm if you prefer  ;) ;)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 15 May 2011, 20:47:09 »

Put new wishbones on the brothers elite Friday, another N/S door mirror, oil and filter, adjust headlight, two new bulbs and 12 mths Mot. :y brothers now happy again. Must get it up to Wim very soon.

Must order another set of bone as the polly's are on order for when mine needs them
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.