Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Con Screw  (Read 1266 times)

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
Air Con Screw
« on: 29 June 2018, 22:25:07 »

Hi guys

First off, I’m talking about a Vauxhall Omega 2.5TD, the one with the six cylinder lump in it.

It’s got to be worth a try, I need a replacement screw and spacing washer for the clutch on my air con compressor.
I’ve tried an ordinary M6 screw but it just locks everything up once its tighten so I assume the screw must be a bit special, because it should allow the clutch to slide along the spline shaft once the air con is switched on.

Does anyone out there have the correct screw they want sell or the compressor, I don’t care if the compressor is knackered as it’s just the screw I’m after, or if someone just happens to have their compressor off and doesn’t mind posting a view pics and some measurements of the screw I’ll try and get one made.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Clive

lee4206

• southampton
  • Mot Tester
    • 2000 3.0l manual MV6
    • View Profile
Re: Air Con Screw
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2018, 19:38:39 »

Can't comment on the omega compressor but on the astra and zafira the bolt doesn't matter. There should be a couple of thin spacer washers between the end of the compressor shaft and the clutch.
I've just changed the electro-magnet on both and changed the bolt for a m6 x15mm hex headed one and both work fine.
The spacer washers were probably 0.3-0.5 mm thick and there were 2 of them one each compressor so I'd guess they are interchangeable to adjust the gap between the shaft and clutch.
Try putting a thin washer and see what happens.
Hope this helps a little.
Lee
VAUXHALL TRADE CLUB AND HALFORDS TRADE CARD  AND V6 LOCKING KIT HOLDER  always happy to help if poss

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2018, 22:59:30 »

Hello Lee

Sorry I’m a bit late answering, many thanks for the lowdown I have to admit it is a bit difficult trying to find things out about specific compressors but I suppose at the end of the day I could do just as you say see what happens ie if the gap is too wide the clutch simply won’t engage so just keep reducing the spacer thickness until it does.

When I took the car in to get the refrigerant evacuated they told me there was none in the system I guess it must have leaked out so heaven knows how I going to find out how much needs to go back in and from what I’ve read it’s quite a science.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2018, 23:06:32 »

...... so heaven knows how I going to find out how much needs to go back in and from what I’ve read it’s quite a science.

There's a sticker under their bonnet somewhere. IIRC it holds not far short of 1kg of gas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.