Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Astra H SRi 2.0 Turbo brakes on Omega?  (Read 5824 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Astra H SRi 2.0 Turbo brakes on Omega?
« Reply #30 on: 12 January 2019, 08:43:12 »

The one thing I've noticed from hanging around various car forums for the last 20 years, building a kit car and so on, is that you can never have a setup where the brake pedal feel suits everybody's tastes.  ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 January 2019, 08:50:00 »

When I press the pedal smoothly the movement is quite long and I have a feeling of bad brakes. When I quickly release pedal and make another press the movement is much shorter and brakes are much more powerful. like the assistant worked more effectively in the first centimeters of the movement.
new discs, pads and a flush of the brake fluid should fix that
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 January 2019, 11:28:12 »

When I press the pedal smoothly the movement is quite long and I have a feeling of bad brakes. When I quickly release pedal and make another press the movement is much shorter and brakes are much more powerful. like the assistant worked more effectively in the first centimeters of the movement.
This. But only if you press the pistons home with the bleed nipples open before you bleed the fluid. Otherwise you retain enough dead fluid to make a noticeable negative difference  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 January 2019, 20:09:58 »

This. But only if you press the pistons home with the bleed nipples open before you bleed the fluid. Otherwise you retain enough dead fluid to make a noticeable negative difference  ;)

^wot he said

BTW, if buying GM pads, 9192124 are the crap "Aftermarket Specification", always try to get the OE pads 9195077
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 January 2019, 10:56:01 »

BTW, if buying GM pads, 9192124 are the crap "Aftermarket Specification", always try to get the OE pads 9195077
The Aftermarket TC pads are the ones I have abused, as that's what was always fitted to the Silver Bullet ;).  TBE tends to have the OE ones fitted.

The only performance difference seems to be the TC ones lack initial bite if the car has been stood several days, a problem the the OE ones don't suffer.

A few years ago, the OE ones created less dust, but that's no longer the case IME.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.