Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: B*££%"ds  (Read 5834 times)

Elsheepo

• Swindon, UK
    • View Profile
B*££%"ds
« on: 23 July 2006, 17:16:51 »

Came home from the beach late last night (decided to take the Golf, left the Omega at home due to car park wars...) to find some little b*££%"ds had done the Omega over, black spray painted words, which are unsuitable for public viewing all over the white bodywork, windows and VRMs.

Angry, hell yes.

Why? god only knows.

:'(

Whats got into the world these days.
« Last Edit: 23 July 2006, 17:17:28 by mikesouthby »
Check out my blog - http://www.mikesouthby.co.uk

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: B*££%"ds
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2006, 17:22:30 »

A very light wipe with thinners (not much, the black will still be hardening so it should come off easy) and then some Tcut will sort it......a job I have done many times....even easier with a compounder.

Elsheepo

• Swindon, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2006, 17:28:28 »

Thanks Mark,

I've already done it, spent over an hour with G3 polishing it out, the police wanted me to wait until monday when they could get a crime scene person over to take a look, I polietly told them there was no way I was going to let the paint get any harder, especially in this heat!

She;s shut up in the garage now, awaiting some spare time so I can completly T-cut and polish the paintwork to make sure I don;t get any areas of discolouration.

As if us hard working folk don't have enough to do as it is, without having to spend time cleaning up after little scrots who probably get paid by the state and have enough time on there hand to commit mindless acts of vandelism like this.  . Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggh.

Rant over.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2006, 17:32:09 »

Its annoying to think that the Taxes you pay probably funded the paint......

Elsheepo

• Swindon, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2006, 17:35:08 »

You're more than likely right, just glad they were so stupid they didn't read the label, the part about shakig well first.  The fact the paint was 'thinner' at the top of the aerosol as it hadn;t been mixed properly would seem to have been good luck, the paint, whilst needing a good amount of elbow work, came off relativly easily.

I am now just concerned about it happening again.

STMO123

« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2006, 19:20:14 »

Dudester32 started a similar thread a while ago, except that they'd actually scratched his quite badly. It really is a bummer and I hope you get it back to its former glory. Dont hold your breath over the police being able to do anything about it ::)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2006, 19:42:38 »

Thanks Mark,

the police wanted me to wait until monday when they could get a crime scene person over to take a look, I polietly told them there was no way I was going to let the paint get any harder, especially in this heat!

Rant over.

I know how you feel m8......my window was smashed a few weeks ago......c***s, on a Saturday as well........you wanna move to Swindon  ;D Crime scene turned up 20mins after I phoned police...and its a good 10min drive to the police station!...obviously bored in this part of the world!

Not quite sure why crime scene would be interested tho......in my case they tried lifting finger prints off the interior.....hmmmm its a taxi.....just one or two i woulda thought  ;D
Gave up with fingerprints.....and looked for blood.....gave up on that as well!

In your case....why would there be finger prints?......ok they may take a sample of the spray paint......but even if they found a scrout with a can of the same paint....be impossible to prove unless he had it specially mixed.....

Hope you get it looking great again......my window now clunks twice when I put it down and sometimes goes back down when I press the one touch up

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2006, 21:11:07 »

I am a great believer in 'what goes around.....' If these scumbuckets ever manage to get a car of their own, lets look forwrad to their getting trashed!

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2006, 21:11:56 »

TD - that will be glass left inside your door card.
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 July 2006, 22:08:33 »

Sorry to hear about this.... I had my bonet and front wing scratched a few times, very annoying.... good luck with fixing it.

Alas, no more Omegas....

Martin_1962

« Reply #10 on: 23 July 2006, 22:18:45 »

Horrible thing to have happen, I have had breakin attempts but luckily nothing with the Omegas apart from H&R mirror glass and Interlink bumper modification

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2006, 08:47:52 »

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with the little bastids of today, had scratches an alsorts happen previous.

Good Luck with getting it sorted.

Redeye

• Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2006, 08:56:05 »

You're not alone mate, we all have to suffer from yobs. Our local paper is full of stories every week of what vandals have trashed and destroyed but I've never seen a story about a vandal being caught or sentenced. I'd personally give them 50 lashes and make them pay for any repairs.   >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2006, 08:57:52 »

In deepest Brackley, nothing ever usually happens, but we do have the phantom tyre slasher who attacks from time to time, slashing the tyres of 100 or so cars  >:(
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #14 on: 24 July 2006, 09:23:41 »

Better rephrase that - it reads as if it was you!! :-? :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 July 2006, 09:27:31 »

Can't see why they do it - what is the gain  >:(
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 24 July 2006, 10:01:27 »

Jealousy, boredom, jealousy, peer pressure, jealousy, low IQ, and not having to work or save for their own posessions

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #17 on: 24 July 2006, 19:12:43 »

this sort of vandalism makes me mad.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope it all works out well.

Reminds me when i lived in Edinburgh of how someones unattended little darlings decided to bounce on the neighbours car ( 3 14-16 year olds)

Neighbour chased after them - a good public servant not a ned by any means and wouldnt have inflicted any physical damage on the little darlings.....police however advised if he had made any bodily contact in catching them - even just to restrain - they would have charged the car owner!!!!

Makes you proud to be British doesnt it!!
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

itisme

« Reply #18 on: 24 July 2006, 19:14:17 »

Mine got the treatment about 3 years ago.
Some nice person scratched every panel down to the metal. Including the boot, bonnet and roof. It cost my insurance company two grand, and me £300 excess.
If I'd known that I could get a complete re-spray for £300, I would've done it myself. (only joking)

STMO123

« Reply #19 on: 24 July 2006, 21:15:42 »

Two grand!!! Surely if its an omega it should have been an economic write-off ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #20 on: 25 July 2006, 06:39:28 »

Can't see why they do it - what is the gain  >:(

Maybe the owner of local tyre fitting place, trying to drum up a bit of trade   :o :-/

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #21 on: 25 July 2006, 06:45:18 »

Could be AA, tho the guy fitting the new window gave it a good vacuuming out.......it started a week or so after the replacement....i thought perhaps the window had come a touch loose.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 July 2006, 06:53:05 »

Could be AA, tho the guy fitting the new window gave it a good vacuuming out.......it started a week or so after the replacement....i thought perhaps the window had come a touch loose.

Same thing happened to my Carlton Gsi...that's why I mentioned it.
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #23 on: 25 July 2006, 07:05:27 »

Same thing happened to my Carlton Gsi...that's why I mentioned it.

Prolly is then AA  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Think'll i live with it for the time being tho'.

To get any access at all to the bottom of the inside of the door or window mechanism.....apart from removing the door card....you have to get out a drill and drill out rivits holding the side impact airbag sensor  :-? Knowing my luck the bl**dy air bag will go off (tho if ign is off this shouldnt happen iirc)....plus I dont have any rivits or rivit gun to refit  :(

itisme

« Reply #24 on: 25 July 2006, 07:36:51 »

Two grand!!! Surely if its an omega it should have been an economic write-off ;D
No-one was more suprised than me when they repaired it. [smiley=dankk2.gif]
I was even more suprised when they paid out for a new rear bumper, boot lid, and to staighten the boot floor a year or so back.  [smiley=laugh.gif]
The last one, a fortnight ago, I only bent the front bumper, offside wing, bonnet, and broke the headlight and foglight and they said it wasn't worth repairing. The cheek of it! [smiley=cry.gif]
« Last Edit: 25 July 2006, 07:39:26 by itisme »

Elsheepo

• Swindon, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 July 2006, 22:48:43 »

Well I'm glad to report that alls well that ends well.  After a good amount of elbow grease, a lot of 'discussion' about the youth of today and a blo0dy good polish, we have gleaming paint once again.

I'm trying to look to the positive (if thats possible...), at least it's given me the motivation to cut the paint back and build up some nice polish.   I don't need a mirror in the morning now, I can check my hair in the car wing!!

As always, thanks for the support guys.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 July 2006, 10:15:57 »

Exactly.....nice clean car that you realy wanted to do anyway!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.