Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Net Zero  (Read 8879 times)

STEMO

Re: Net Zero
« Reply #45 on: 16 June 2019, 17:56:11 »

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone has bothered to look at the UN report I linked  to.  ::)

I did so Tigger, and it makes all the points being echoed by the scientific community in general, and we are witnessing in how this World's climate is changing. Various reasons are the cause of this, such as the natural processes of life on Earth.

However, certain individuals, such as Rod who has some political agenda and is claiming conspiracies, dictatorship, mis-information, let alone absolute censorship by all the main political parties everywhere, let alone news agencies like the BBC  in everything, has ridiculed those of us who are taking note of serious commentary right across the Globe as though we are fools and acting like sheep, completely ignores the facts that show man's activity is dragging us all down. Common sense, let alone intelligence drives people like me and I think most of you to believe it would be best that we change our ways, which regardless of the arguments makes sense and is logical to us without some political drum to beat.

But Rod, old fella, do you really think the age of coal should return? Do you think the Clean Air Act of 1956 should be abolished as the reasons for it were, and still are, political manipulation and is not necessary.  Did you never see the smogs in London, did you never end up with soot all over your body that your mum had to wipe off?  Did you not suffer from respiratory issues due to the pollution in the air?  Do you still think that men should still go down into sweaty, highly dangerous, and hot mines, contracting serious illness as a result, to provide a fossil fuel that all noteworthy scientists knows kills humans and destroys the environment? Do you not believe in cutting health endangering fossil fuel pollution and giving our children a cleaner, safer, and brighter future, or should our cars still push out the emissions that were prevalent in the UK major cities in the 1950's? Perhaps even smoking tobacco products is not dangerous to our health as the medical, scientific, and political have claimed and are,  as we are so stupid that we have allowed ourselves to be dictated to by ' the politicians', and we, the working classes, should just carryon killing ourselves for the profits of a few as it all is an illusion?!

For such an obviously intelligent man you certainly can come out with some crap at times, and then insult the majority on here, as you have in this post, as we know nothing!

For God's sake just go back to attacking Russia and Putin, oh, and everyone else with a different political viewpoint than you ::) ::) ;)

Mr Rods will respond just as soon as he has debunked the 'moon landings'........ ;)

50 years ago in July. :y.........or was it all filmed in a secret location in Ohio? ::) ::)

Indeed Opti, you know it was all USA propaganda to get one over on the Russians, who never disputed the US had got there first...... ::) ::) ;D

Yep....nothing from the USSR, GDR, or China. And in in 1969 the cold war was in full swing.

However........there is always some middle-aged misfit who has never had sex, and still lives with his Mum, in Montana, Arizona, or other such places who knows the real truth. ;)   
I believe you can see Arizona from Montana, what with the earth being flat and all.  ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 June 2019, 19:09:21 »

It’s all crap, the majority of emissions is coming from cracks in the earth and volcano type stuff under the oceans which cover 71% of the earths surface,and also contain 99% of the living space on the planet. But of course it’s all hidden underwater. Can’t see all this green crap making hardly any difference myself.
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 17 June 2019, 13:28:07 »

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone has bothered to look at the UN report I linked  to.  ::)

I did so Tigger, and it makes all the points being echoed by the scientific community in general, and we are witnessing in how this World's climate is changing. Various reasons are the cause of this, such as the natural processes of life on Earth.

However, certain individuals, such as Rod who has some political agenda and is claiming conspiracies, dictatorship, mis-information, let alone absolute censorship by all the main political parties everywhere, let alone news agencies like the BBC  in everything, has ridiculed those of us who are taking note of serious commentary right across the Globe as though we are fools and acting like sheep, completely ignores the facts that show man's activity is dragging us all down. Common sense, let alone intelligence drives people like me and I think most of you to believe it would be best that we change our ways, which regardless of the arguments makes sense and is logical to us without some political drum to beat.

But Rod, old fella, do you really think the age of coal should return? Do you think the Clean Air Act of 1956 should be abolished as the reasons for it were, and still are, political manipulation and is not necessary.  Did you never see the smogs in London, did you never end up with soot all over your body that your mum had to wipe off?  Did you not suffer from respiratory issues due to the pollution in the air?  Do you still think that men should still go down into sweaty, highly dangerous, and hot mines, contracting serious illness as a result, to provide a fossil fuel that all noteworthy scientists knows kills humans and destroys the environment? Do you not believe in cutting health endangering fossil fuel pollution and giving our children a cleaner, safer, and brighter future, or should our cars still push out the emissions that were prevalent in the UK major cities in the 1950's? Perhaps even smoking tobacco products is not dangerous to our health as the medical, scientific, and political have claimed and are,  as we are so stupid that we have allowed ourselves to be dictated to by ' the politicians', and we, the working classes, should just carryon killing ourselves for the profits of a few as it all is an illusion?!

For such an obviously intelligent man you certainly can come out with some crap at times, and then insult the majority on here, as you have in this post, as we know nothing!

For God's sake just go back to attacking Russia and Putin, oh, and everyone else with a different political viewpoint than you ::) ::) ;)

Mr Rods will respond just as soon as he has debunked the 'moon landings'........ ;)

50 years ago in July. :y.........or was it all filmed in a secret location in Ohio? ::) ::)

Indeed Opti, you know it was all USA propaganda to get one over on the Russians, who never disputed the US had got there first...... ::) ::) ;D

Yep....nothing from the USSR, GDR, or China. And in in 1969 the cold war was in full swing.

However........there is always some middle-aged misfit who has never had sex, and still lives with his Mum, in Montana, Arizona, or other such places who knows the real truth. ;)   

The conspiracy theorists are always amoungst us Opti! :o :o ;D ;D :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17 June 2019, 13:38:11 »

The conspiracy theorists are always amoungst us Opti! :o :o ;D ;D :y

There is a rumour that Adolf Hitler is alive and well and living on Mars. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 17 June 2019, 13:40:35 »

.......used the very last V2 rocket, apparently. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17 June 2019, 13:50:49 »

.......used the very last V2 rocket, apparently. :)

All true Opti!  The SS scientists found a way he could live forever, and that is why he faked his suicide like the Russians claimed and with Eva travelled afar in that V2, but not to the Moon as that is an illusion and does not exist, just being created by the Americans in the early sixties so they could claim they landed on it in 1969 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 17 June 2019, 13:52:35 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20 June 2019, 00:36:39 »

I've lifted this from another site....  :)

Huge amounts of electrical energy are used by Tumble dryers, equivalent to running the, as yet unbuilt) Hinkley C for more than 12 hours several times a week...

BUT THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO HANG WASHING OUT, and that's going back to the stone age, doing stuff like mum and granny did...

My maths
There are 27,200,000 households in the UK, 58% of them have tumble dryers (data from web)
=27,200,000*58%= 15,776,000 tumble dryers in UK

Based on an average energy use of 2.50 kWh per cycle (data from web)
Then the combined number uses = 15,776,000 * 2.5 = 39,440,000kWh or 39,440MWh
to run them all for 1 cycle.

Hinkley Point C will produce 3,200MW when it's up and running. (data from web)

So it will have to run for 39,440/3,200 = 12.325hr‬s or 12 hrs 20 mins, to run all the tumble dryers for one cycle each...

Or if they were all to run at once it would need 12.325 nuclear power stations the same as Hinkley Point C to run them.

AND THAT'S JUST PER CYCLE MANY DRYERS ARE RUN SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK!

Scary... 😱🤯 hope my math is wrong, but I don't think so...

I don't know how accurate this is, but it certainly makes you think.  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 20 June 2019, 08:59:32 »

Mrs Builder's tumble dryer vents via a 4" in floor pipe (heating the floor) into a heat exchanger that warms the Koi  in the fish house .which is insulated ,28mm K glass windows etc.
I drive an environmentally friendly  petrol V6
you could say i'm a bit of a tree hugger *

*apart from all my one's,which I've chainsawed down obviously

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 20 June 2019, 09:18:51 »

Huge amounts of electrical energy are used by Tumble dryers, equivalent to running the, as yet unbuilt) Hinkley C for more than 12 hours several times a week...

BUT THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO HANG WASHING OUT, and that's going back to the stone age, doing stuff like mum and granny did...

My maths
There are 27,200,000 households in the UK, 58% of them have tumble dryers (data from web)

So it will have to run for 39,440/3,200 = 12.325hr‬s or 12 hrs 20 mins, to run all the tumble dryers for one cycle each...

Or if they were all to run at once it would need 12.325 nuclear power stations the same as Hinkley Point C to run them.

Whilst I agree with the general train of thought, the idea that all 58% of households use their tumble dryer an average of once a week seems suspect to me. We have one, but it only gets used once in a blue moon - usually in winter when it's too cold/rainy/dark to get stuff dry indoors or on the line. Yes some will use theirs more than once a week, but I'd bet the average usage is a lot lower than that.

I mean - in 2013 there were supposedly 83million mobile phones in the UK, yet only 64million people. And I've got 3 cars but can only use one at a time. Owning something doesn't imply it's used.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 20 June 2019, 09:37:48 »

Yes I also have one which is rarely used, but on the flip side at least 3 of my neighbours never put washing out.

I'd bet that for every rarely used tumble dryer, there are at least one that is used several times a week, especially those with young kids.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #55 on: 20 June 2019, 11:04:27 »

Mrs Builder's tumble dryer vents via a 4" in floor pipe (heating the floor) into a heat exchanger that warms the Koi  in the fish house .which is insulated ,28mm K glass windows etc.

Yeah, yeah.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 20 June 2019, 12:25:43 »

Yeah, yeah.  ;D
I hang up anything I wash in the conservatory to dry  ;D
I say that, we had a new washing machine a couple of weeks ago and it's that fekin complicated , even Mrs Builder has to read the instructions  :( and it takes 3 hours to wash (supposedly washing using less water and electricity)
I knew how to press the start button on the 10 year old indersit machine  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 20 June 2019, 12:33:05 »

Yeah, yeah.  ;D
I hang up anything I wash in the conservatory to dry  ;D
I say that, we had a new washing machine a couple of weeks ago and it's that fekin complicated , even Mrs Builder has to read the instructions  :( and it takes 3 hours to wash (supposedly washing using less water and electricity)
I knew how to press the start button on the 10 year old indersit machine  ::)
The eco cycle is veeeeery long, other cycles are available.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 20 June 2019, 12:52:49 »

My maths

.........wringing the washing out by hand before running it through the mangle.....*

*......old women with saggy old titties are advised to not stand too close to the mangle when in operation. :) ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 20 June 2019, 13:15:29 »

Especially if they are aunty Mable.  :y ;D

Tumble dryer in our house gets used very rarely. Washing is almost always hung on the washing line. Don't understand why anyone would use a dryer all the time if they have the option of a washing line.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.