Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: windscreen wiper speed seams slow ?  (Read 3211 times)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: windscreen wiper speed seams slow ?
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2017, 09:49:30 »

Yes its because if you put brushes onto the motor commutator(the copper segments) in different orientation to the magnets it will give a differnt speed hence why a twospeed motor has 3 brushes.1 fixed negative and two possible live positions.i suppose a three speed wiper would have 4 brushes .this is how the big old ac variable spped motors with the speed control lever work found in old mills.most modern stuff nowadays is a standard single speed motor but controllled by an inverter.    Also a wiper motor will have the parking position wire to its plug as well hence many wires!.

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2017, 20:38:22 »

well not been able to do anthing yet as back slipped out and been beed ridden, just started to be able to move around so it will have to be next week. mrs has said that the engine light comes on somtimes. when i checked it before it said lambard sensor. its been doing it for weeks after cat was changed. only does it when the road is wet or if been stud for a few days then go for a drive. about 5 miles and it comes on but if you stop engine and start it again its gone out. does it need a new sensore  ?or is it the plug ?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 March 2017, 20:44:24 »

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago when on holiday in Dorset, and thanks to the gents on here, it was diagnosed as inefficient cat = emission problem. After returning I dosed it with a bottle of Cataclean (Halfords, about £18) and gave it a 20-odd mile run and bingo - no light! It may just return, I am advised, and if it does, the lamda sensor will need to be moved, for which I will see Serek.  :y 8) :y

Ron.

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2017, 21:30:44 »

I have a spare lambard sensore as it came with the car, it had the down pipe and cat change before i had the car somthing about cat was ripped open by a road bump.  so they had a new exhaust fitted. i have a rear box aswell as it came with loads of spare parts. i will try the cat cleaner, it passed it co'2 test in jan but will give the cat cleaner ago. thanks. put it to the list of things i have to do when back up and around fully. all cos i lifted a 50" plasma tv to fix it.... and a had to put other jobs on hold as have 4 more customers wanting there tv's fixed. :'( :'(

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2017, 10:00:15 »

Its probably  the fact that if one cat was changed or even both that the new cats dont work anywhere as good as the original gm ones or the first pre cat anyway and it seems the only solution is to move the downstream sensors to after the main cats.cleaner may well work for you as may a good motorway run with good quality fuel but it didnt for me .i tried various methods like in line resistors,capacitors,diode etc on the sensor output but didnt last .after moving sensors all been fine.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.