Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979661 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #21105 on: 19 October 2020, 17:38:55 »

Its "replacement" could be arriving this week, but if it does, I might just keep it anyway. Im not going to get much of my money back.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: 19 October 2020, 19:56:06 »

Its "replacement" could be arriving this week, but if it does, I might just keep it anyway. Im not going to get much of my money back.  ;D

Did you buy that porch after all? :P
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21107 on: 19 October 2020, 20:15:40 »

Did you buy that porch after all? :P
Just the right time of year to pull and split the drivetrain and rear suspension on the driveway :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21108 on: 19 October 2020, 22:21:07 »

Not that one unfortunately. It was almost gone in 60 seconds. Possibly another one though. Will know by tomorrow lunchtime.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: 20 October 2020, 07:51:39 »

Had a call from neighbour. ‘Your car back window is open’  Huh? Went out to find all 4 windows wide open  ( mondeo mk5). Discovered there is a ‘facility’ to remotely open all the windows with the fob! Must have done it accidentally in my pocket but why the **** would you want to?  >:( >:( >:( Now unchecked in menu and thanks to neighbour. Could have been nasty as it tipped down overnight.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21110 on: 20 October 2020, 08:11:17 »

Dropped the RRS off at 07.30 for full valet & winter protection local guy have seen his work and it is incredible looking forward to a spotless vehicle..😊
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: 20 October 2020, 08:49:12 »

Had a call from neighbour. ‘Your car back window is open’  Huh? Went out to find all 4 windows wide open  ( mondeo mk5). Discovered there is a ‘facility’ to remotely open all the windows with the fob! Must have done it accidentally in my pocket but why the **** would you want to?  >:( >:( >:( Now unchecked in menu and thanks to neighbour. Could have been nasty as it tipped down overnight.

That's been an option on many cars for 20+ years (the Omega did it), its to allow ventilation of the car prior to getting in for hot climates (and the rare hot days in the UK), very useful.  :y

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #21112 on: 20 October 2020, 08:57:35 »

Dropped the RRS off at 07.30 for full valet & winter protection local guy have seen his work and it is incredible looking forward to a spotless vehicle..😊
Please share pictures, before and after and who did it.  I like to see proper detailing.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21113 on: 20 October 2020, 10:08:18 »

That's been an option on many cars for 20+ years (the Omega did it), its to allow ventilation of the car prior to getting in for hot climates (and the rare hot days in the UK), very useful.  :y

Yes, great for letting some heat out as you walk up to a car. Also, handy if you leave a window down and get out of the car as holding down the lock button will usually cause all the windows to go up.  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: 20 October 2020, 10:13:30 »

Yes, great for letting some heat out as you walk up to a car. Also, handy if you leave a window down and get out of the car as holding down the lock button will usually cause all the windows to go up.  :y

The 'next big thing' is cabin air purge with UV sterilised air...........can't think why that is now on the radar  ;D :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: 20 October 2020, 11:47:30 »

The 'next big thing' is cabin air purge with UV sterilised air...........can't think why that is now on the radar  ;D :y
I'm using Ultra-violet C spectrum tubes a lot recently
seems many are ,prices up and availability down  ::)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: 20 October 2020, 12:13:41 »

I'm using Ultra-violet C spectrum tubes a lot recently
seems many are ,prices up and availability down  ::)

We are using LEDs, clearly tubes are far to short lived and don't like on off cycles to meet the automotive environment  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: 20 October 2020, 18:52:00 »

I can see the point of closing them on the button, but in 60 odd years of motoring in UK, there may have been 2 or 3 times when I may have wished to open the windows remotely instead of unlocking normally and opening windows. I do recall a time in Africa where it would have been useful, but in the UK? Nah!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21118 on: 20 October 2020, 18:55:19 »

I can see the point of closing them on the button, but in 60 odd years of motoring in UK, there may have been 2 or 3 times when I may have wished to open the windows remotely instead of unlocking normally and opening windows. I do recall a time in Africa where it would have been useful, but in the UK? Nah!
Its a feature I regularly use in the summer :)
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21119 on: 20 October 2020, 19:21:07 »

Got the 960 M.o.T.'d,simple adjustment[so a free fix] was all that was needed on the handbrake-all it failed on-although it will need new shoes for next years test.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.