Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vape cigs  (Read 1486 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
vape cigs
« on: 03 November 2019, 21:15:59 »

friday morning i had a phone call to say my son had been taken to hospital with a heart attack. he had phoned his doc,s surgery to say he had serious chest pains & they sent an ambulance to take him to hospital. 36 hours later having nothing been found to be wrong with him he was discharged & allowed home. it turned out it was a reaction to a vape cig. how it was diagnosed he had another puff of the thing when he got off the hospital premises & almost immediately got the chest pains back.

STEMO

Re: vape cigs
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2019, 21:46:04 »

Glad he's alright, Ray. Maybe an allergic reaction?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2019, 21:53:08 »

Blimey! That was a scare for you Ray!  :o

I can only echo Uncle STEMO and say that I'm glad he's OK!  :y

I think there is much to learn about the effects of vaping.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2019, 22:32:57 »

Good to hear your son is okay. :y

There have been major issues in the US with vaping where it is largely unregulated with respiratory problems & failure linked to flavourings and the adding of other chemicals. In the UK it is much more regulated but the long term effects on humans are largely unknown as it is a relatively recent invention. It is meant to be safer that smoking, so the question is: How safe is safe?
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2019, 23:11:25 »

We all know, or should know, that smoking traditional tobacco will kill you. Yes, it will, and quite unpleasantly. I've watched several people die very miserably and painfully who really thought it would never happen to them.

So, along comes vaping. Smokers think Great ! I can carry on, just modify my habit. So instead, they are inhaling something that they are not sure exactly what it is, or exactly how it is delivered. It is so easy believe and trust something that you want to believe and trust.

Here you are eat this. What is it? Never mind just eat it. Doh, ok

I used to smoke, lots. I gave up. No substitutes. No vaping. No patches, tablets, or whatever. A few weeks of misery for me and my family, and then all done. I am healthier, financially much better off, and I can be really very sanctimonious about it all.

Sorry to be a bit blunt. I genuinely hope he's ok, but he should just give up.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2019, 08:10:13 »

Totally unnatural for the human body to deal with, best option give it up or better still never start. Hope he recovers well and takes notice of sensible advice. I personally have lost several friends/ colleagues to the big C all were smokers got to admit I tried a cigarette & hated it glad I did.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2019, 08:15:43 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2019, 10:06:02 »

Totally unnatural for the human body to deal with, best option give it up or better still never start. Hope he recovers well and takes notice of sensible advice. I personally have lost several friends/ colleagues to the big C all were smokers got to admit I tried a cigarette & hated it glad I did.
Dad died at 70 from respiratory failure caused by un diagnosed lung cancer, and he never smoked. Grandfather smoked a pipe from the moment he joined the Navy just about WW1 and drank a gallon of scotch a week. He finally rolled over at 91...

Fair to say, your bus will arrive when it arrives regardless of which stop your at.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2019, 14:37:25 »

Dad died at 70 from respiratory failure caused by un diagnosed lung cancer, and he never smoked. Grandfather smoked a pipe from the moment he joined the Navy just about WW1 and drank a gallon of scotch a week. He finally rolled over at 91...

Fair to say, your bus will arrive when it arrives regardless of which stop your at.

No requirement to catch it earlier than necessary though , always hear these tales about smoking & lived to a good age my personal opinion is that it's total  'dangle berries', as I said earlier totally unnecessary to put this shite into your body.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2019, 14:42:35 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2019, 18:06:24 »

Glad to hear your lad is ok and cause of scare found.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.