Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun and Games expected later today  (Read 2148 times)

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
Fun and Games expected later today
« on: 17 October 2014, 11:22:52 »

Am expecting fun and games with my soon to be Ex-lodger.

gave him a time limit of 1500 Friday today to remove his stuff,  so far no change.

@ 1500 will start bagging and boxing stuff, then place in back garden under cover, change lock. 

unless he removes before then- which I have the feeling is unlikely.

Background is he has paid fortnightly ( when reminded >25% of the time) with a weeks rolling deposit, which ran out last sunday.

So no doubt will have additional visitors in cars with blue lights!

omega3000

Re: Fun and Games expected later today
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2014, 12:20:07 »

Yep sounds like something will hit the fan shortly  :( Sounds like your doing the right thing though  :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2014, 12:39:45 »

A vid would be entertaining interesting. Nothing fancy, mobile phone will be ok.

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2014, 12:43:04 »

Can't say am really looking towards it. weight factor approx 2:1 ! , also is of african origin , so no doubt will bring race into it. dunno about video, but should be able to get sound track on phone/camera!

Missus - says calm down  - she don't want no trouble , but sometimes one has to stand by what you have said ( unless your're a politician)
« Last Edit: 17 October 2014, 12:46:05 by kev2b4 »

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2014, 13:29:24 »

I would make sure it is videod personally, maybe a mate can do it. I hope you won't be doing this alone ?? :o
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2014, 13:42:20 »

Could get a few guys round , however that would escalate situation, as the guy in question is very likely to call police as I have interfered with his stuff. 
But have to delay a few hours as have got to pick Missus up from work @ 1600 , so don't want to leave house unattended after put stuff outside

The Sheriff

« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2014, 15:12:44 »

Don't know how long he has been there, but no doubt he will have 'rights'. Be very careful how you go about this, the days where you can just put tenants on the street are long gone and, if he refuses to budge, the police won't help.

4x4

« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2014, 15:17:52 »

Get a family member or friend to stay at house while out,as you have given him notice,change locks,put his stuff outside but so it doesnt get wet,as a lodger he has to pay rent,if he doesnt and as you have used up his deposit etc he now no longer has the right to be there,ive been in the same situation,and didnt have any problems  :y

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2014, 15:24:14 »

Get a family member or friend to stay at house while out,as you have given him notice,change locks,put his stuff outside but so it doesnt get wet,as a lodger he has to pay rent,if he doesnt and as you have used up his deposit etc he now no longer has the right to be there,ive been in the same situation,and didnt have any problems

Has been here since ~jan, previously has paid fortnightly ( with a rolling 1 week deposit) - albeit have had to remind after a few days for the money  ( minimum of 25% of the time)
have given notice verbally , confirmed by text.
intend to change locks, put his stuff  bagged or boxed into back garden, cover with plastic sheet. 

But have to wait until get missus back home first. as don't want to leave place unattended.  ( I want to get it over and done with!)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2014, 17:14:43 »

Be very caareful with this.  Is he a legitimate lodger, ie contract et al?  If so he has rights under the and you cannot just chuck him out.

If it is under the table I would not involve the police........

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2014, 19:53:16 »

Come on then Kev, how's it all going ?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2014, 20:37:15 »

Come on then Kev, how's it all going ?

Guess he's busy scrapping ???
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Stuart30

« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2014, 20:56:23 »

Don't know how long he has been there, but no doubt he will have 'rights'. Be very careful how you go about this, the days where you can just put tenants on the street are long gone and, if he refuses to budge, the police won't help.

Probably all sorted now but heres the facts ive learnt from bitter experience.

If he has a lock on his room then he has rights along that of a rented accommodation,contract isn't needed as assumptions are made (the key/lock is a the major factor).

However if no lock is present you can without any notice remove him and his belonging...belongings should be left off premises and when said person returns,do not allow entry.

Police will be happy to attend to make sure a Breach of the peace doesn't happen.

Regardless of if its cash every two weeks or a legal binding contract its best to have the police on hand as they will be independent when accusations start to fly.

Had a very big Polish lad who thought he could tell me what to do.......he finally realised that's simply not the case.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2014, 20:59:07 by Stuart30 »

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2014, 17:53:30 »

No lock on room, back door key only.

This am lock changed, stuff outside well wrapped in plastic ( as if it was my own) , then texted ( bounce back confirmed was received) him that as he had omitted to remove his belongings , and they were available for collection at his convenience in the back garden.

nothing so far, - but missus is worried

Stuart30

« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2014, 18:33:02 »

No lock on room, back door key only.

This am lock changed, stuff outside well wrapped in plastic ( as if it was my own) , then texted ( bounce back confirmed was received) him that as he had omitted to remove his belongings , and they were available for collection at his convenience in the back garden.

nothing so far, - but missus is worried

Sounds like you've treated him fair...legaly he has no come back.

Just watch your not targeted or windows put through over the next few weeks.

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 October 2014, 13:03:22 »

Monday evening ~2130 the ex-lodger came back.
not happy ,
police arrived before I got back , ( probably one of the neighbours)
ex-lodger saying there was a case  & laptop missing.
Police were invited to look in our premises to see if the allegedly missing items were there. - House, outhouses, garage, van , cars where offered to them for their inspection. My comment was that all the items in the bedroom were bagged/boxed up, placed under cover in the back garden where they were untouched as of 0900 mon morning. 
eventually after police had got bored with him repeating the same comments, all items were loaded into his car and I was then available to take the dog for a walk. ( @0130 am)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 October 2014, 17:59:53 »

Good result, they do try it on dont they.

So,...   how much do you want for the lappy then?

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 October 2014, 08:49:44 »

Don't know how much reputedly is a dell.  But not having seen it can't comment.

At least it's worked out ok, only possible on the horizon is visit to give a statement regarding allegedly stolen goods, but not bothered about that.

If it was me , and my possessions were left outside I would be hot-footing there to get them as quickly as possible, but not everybody is normal- ( used to think I was, but not sure now! :)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.