Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hideous Driving  (Read 2036 times)

omega3000

Hideous Driving
« on: 17 October 2014, 12:46:22 »

Drivers around here are becoming hideously dangerous  >:( Had a few run ins with i own the road bmw drivers , but now id like to get a dash cam  ::)
£30 budget so any thoughts on which one ? What about those 12.99 ones from china  ???

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
Re: Hideous Driving
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2014, 12:48:59 »

tried a cheapy £12 - worked initially until I played with it - can't read chinese ,
Do Not Recommend them.

There's another thread at moment on same subject which shows  ~£40 ones which am tempted to try.

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2014, 13:05:01 »

tried a cheapy £12 - worked initially until I played with it - can't read chinese ,
Do Not Recommend them.

There's another thread at moment on same subject which shows  ~£40 ones which am tempted to try.

I think mr omegaman had a cheap one and said it overheated or something  :-\ Followed a pug 106 today all over the place , old bloke looking out his side window oblivious to what was behind him or in front  :( Then he cuts someone up on the roundabout and no indicating either  >:(

Rog

« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2014, 14:41:24 »

Drivers around here are becoming hideously dangerous  >:( Had a few run ins with i own the road bmw drivers , but now id like to get a dash cam  ::)
£30 budget so any thoughts on which one ? What about those 12.99 ones from china  ???

Well I got one a while back but it was £14.99   ;D

Works fine, no probs at all but it does take up quite a bit of space on the dash/windscreen. And it doesn't come with a card so allow for a good capacity card costing more than the cam does.

4x4

« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2014, 15:18:51 »

Pop into wilcos,theyve got some cheap dash cams there  :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2014, 15:49:12 »

I don't see what good a dash cam will do, other than to give YouTube users a laugh/cry. I am out and about during the day when a lot of people are at work. The older drivers that venture out in the middle of the day are becoming more numerous and more dangerous. I mostly spend my time fuming behind an elderly driver doing 25mph or aghast at the sheer incompetence of some of them.
I watched an old boy reverse out of a parking space at asda the other day, straight into the car parked in the row behind him. He didn't stop, of course, because (he said) he hadn't realised what he'd done. Minimal damage to the cars but a young child wouldn't have fared well at all.

omega3000

« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2014, 17:32:41 »

What sd card would i need ? 8,16,32 ??  :-\ :-\ :-\

4x4

« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2014, 17:33:48 »

Go for a 32 card

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2014, 17:36:09 »

Ah i missed your post , ill pop in and have alook tomorrow  :) 32gb for £12 off seabay  :-\

Just had a look online at wilko .. they are selling the same ones as on fleabay for £18 more  :o :o
« Last Edit: 17 October 2014, 17:40:52 by Emd »

4x4

« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2014, 17:39:54 »

Not a bad price emd :)

Rog

« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2014, 18:07:04 »

Ah i missed your post , ill pop in and have alook tomorrow  :) 32gb for £12 off seabay  :-\

Just had a look online at wilko .. they are selling the same ones as on fleabay for £18 more  :o :o

Just remember "size isn't everything" some cheap cards are too slow for video. You need class 4 or even better class 6  :y

Ideally 8Gb Class 6  or bigger if you want to spend more

They record in "chunks" of a few minutes, each chunk is one video file. When the card is full the oldest video files get overwritten so that recording is continuous. But in the event of an incident, you must stop the recording fairly soon or the video may get lost.

omega3000

« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2014, 18:16:03 »

The 32gb one is class 10 rog for £12  :)

Rog

« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2014, 20:01:13 »

The 32gb one is class 10 rog for £12  :)

Not bad  :y    . . . . . . well providing it is what it says it is. Lot of people been buying memory sticks from China that have been total crap. Just not what they claim to be.

A reputable main line supplier . . . .  pretty much the same as Ethingy, but I don't know about delivery charges

http://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/memory-cards/0001251380-00000001

« Last Edit: 17 October 2014, 20:08:00 by Rog »

4x4

« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2014, 20:09:59 »

Ive downloaded dailyroads voyager and that works in the background  ;D

belldarr

« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2014, 22:15:36 »

I was picking my son up from lower school yesterday and while standing out the front of the school a Nissan 4x4 pulls up right outside the school on the large yellow zig zags and the driver jumps out and goes into the school - exits a few mins later with his child and gets back in the Nissan and drives off - when I get home I relay the tale to my wife who tells me it is an almost daily occurance that someone will park on the yellow zig zags - so I call the school to see if they are aware, they tell me "well it's not actually a traffic offence so there is nothing that we can do about it"............. I wish I could turn off my moral compass and be just like these assholes who drive too fast, park where they want and all while no doubt using a mobile phone that most drivers can't seem to be without.

Whoops - that turned into a bit of a rant - but yes driving and society in general has some ground to make up.

DB
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.