Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it 2015 yet?  (Read 2455 times)

aaronjb

Is it 2015 yet?
« on: 19 October 2014, 13:06:55 »

You know when you have one of those weeks.. and that turns into two of them.. and then three of them..

After three weeks struggling to keep the department at work afloat seemingly single handedly thanks to holiday and an ineffective worldwide organisation, and all the stress that entailed..

Then add in a heaping dose of trying to get sorted for a last minute work trip to Poland (today) for a week which was nicely slotted in so I land back in the country on the 24th with my own holiday starting on the 25th..

And trying to get mortgage issues sorted, and deal with the useless tards at Nissan, organise someone to look after the cats when we're away because I find out my mother might be going into hospital (when they finally get the test results back, anyway)..

Then what happens? I and Amy spend yesterday and today tearing the house apart - including two trips to work to check there, too - to try and find my passport, last seen on my return leg from Tel Aviv in July.

Nowhere to be found.. cue one very angry boss, two very expensive wasted flights and a hotel stay that will be partly charged for, and yet more stress to report the passport lost/stolen and try and organise a replacement before January (which, I'm told, may require an in-person interview with the passport office)..

I know I should be thankful nothing really bad has gone wrong and there isn't a lorry parked in my house (although I don't want to say too much in case I wake up tomorrow to find a 747 has missed Heathrow and parked in my living room!), but I feel like I've spent the last three weeks teetering on the edge of some kind of meltdown (you know, tight chest, difficulty breathing, severe anger .. probably like TB every time he finds BP out of LPG).. I could really use a nice, long holiday .. but all I have is five days in Cornwall and then I'm out of time off until next year.

Bah.

OK, pity party over..

The Sheriff

Re: Is it 2015 yet?
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2014, 13:39:06 »

I am finding that lots of people are in this position lately, Aaron. The world is a very stressful place right now. The propable reason you have mislaid your passport is because you were in a tearing hurry at the time.
My wife is constantly busy, she has a 200 hour a week job at the moment. I bought her a nice watch last Christmas, about £700. It's nowhere to be found. She reckons she may have thrown it in the bin with some old paperwork.

It's no use telling you to slow down, you probably can't. But try to make a little 'down' time for yourself.

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2014, 13:39:13 »

A lot of us are under the cosh atm A. Your not alone.

....does that help? :-\ ;D

And my pass port was once found in the car. She said, are you sure it's not in the car? Naah. That would be a stupid.....

...FOOOOUUUUND IIIIIIIIT. ;D

omega3000

« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2014, 13:50:17 »

I am finding that lots of people are in this position lately, Aaron. The world is a very stressful place right now. The propable reason you have mislaid your passport is because you were in a tearing hurry at the time.
My wife is constantly busy, she has a 200 hour a week job at the moment. I bought her a nice watch last Christmas, about £700. It's nowhere to be found. She reckons she may have thrown it in the bin with some old paperwork.

It's no use telling you to slow down, you probably can't. But try to make a little 'down' time for yourself.

:o :o

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2014, 13:57:17 »

You're probably right about that, STMO - everything is a rush.. the last two weekends I was "on-call" (which really just means working, it seems) and this weekend has been spent tearing about trying to find the passport; I don't feel like I've had a weekend in quite a while.

And to top it off, now work want to talk to me today about what was going to happen tomorrow..

Chris - I've looked in the cars, under the boot floor in them even, the garage, the shed.. every box, drawer, wardrobe, under the beds, every pile of paperwork.. about the only place I haven't looked is the roof and under the floorboards at this point!

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2014, 14:10:07 »

I swing wildly between thinking life is stressful, and thinking that if it was easy I'd get bored... Keep plugging away!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

The Sheriff

« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2014, 14:42:49 »

You're probably right about that, STMO - everything is a rush.. the last two weekends I was "on-call" (which really just means working, it seems) and this weekend has been spent tearing about trying to find the passport; I don't feel like I've had a weekend in quite a while.

And to top it off, now work want to talk to me today about what was going to happen tomorrow..

Chris - I've looked in the cars, under the boot floor in them even, the garage, the shed.. every box, drawer, wardrobe, under the beds, every pile of paperwork.. about the only place I haven't looked is the roof and under the floorboards at this point!
Look in all your coat pockets.

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2014, 14:46:21 »

You know when you have one of those weeks.. and that turns into two of them.. and then three of them..

After three weeks struggling to keep the department at work afloat seemingly single handedly thanks to holiday and an ineffective worldwide organisation, and all the stress that entailed..

Then add in a heaping dose of trying to get sorted for a last minute work trip to Poland (today) for a week which was nicely slotted in so I land back in the country on the 24th with my own holiday starting on the 25th..

And trying to get mortgage issues sorted, and deal with the useless tards at Nissan, organise someone to look after the cats when we're away because I find out my mother might be going into hospital (when they finally get the test results back, anyway)..

Then what happens? I and Amy spend yesterday and today tearing the house apart - including two trips to work to check there, too - to try and find my passport, last seen on my return leg from Tel Aviv in July.

Nowhere to be found.. cue one very angry boss, two very expensive wasted flights and a hotel stay that will be partly charged for, and yet more stress to report the passport lost/stolen and try and organise a replacement before January (which, I'm told, may require an in-person interview with the passport office)..

I know I should be thankful nothing really bad has gone wrong and there isn't a lorry parked in my house (although I don't want to say too much in case I wake up tomorrow to find a 747 has missed Heathrow and parked in my living room!), but I feel like I've spent the last three weeks teetering on the edge of some kind of meltdown (you know, tight chest, difficulty breathing, severe anger .. probably like TB every time he finds BP out of LPG).. I could really use a nice, long holiday .. but all I have is five days in Cornwall and then I'm out of time off until next year.

Bah.

OK, pity party over..
i will be glad when 2014 is over it was the worst year of my life :y :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2014, 15:05:51 »

Look in all your coat pockets.

All your suitcases and travel bags. As well as hers, especially when looking for the spare car key. ::) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2014, 19:45:25 »

Trying to put a positive spin on it, sometimes you need these sort of weeks/months in order to appreciate the not-so-bad ones...
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2014, 01:11:01 »

Sounds like a nice relaxing Curry is in order...  :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2014, 01:47:18 »

Indeed.

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2014, 02:16:12 »

Is it 2015 yet?
Give any answer you like when asked that question on the cognitive tests in McKissock ward and it's perfectly acceptable

Question 3 of yesterdays test for me was "Do you know who runs the country?"
My reply was "A pair of c**ts"....my doctor ticked the pass box (seriously).
« Last Edit: 20 October 2014, 02:18:03 by AndyRoid »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 October 2014, 07:24:35 »

You being a regular jet setter,losing ones passport is bloody stoopid,to say the least.should be kept in the same place at all times, and yes I do know were mine is,in my bag with my driving license and dqc card.in the cupboard.

As for the work thing,you can only do,what you can do.What doesn't get done today gets done tomorrow
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 October 2014, 09:36:44 »

Ahhh.. That reminds me. I know exactly where my passport is.. and that it expired in August. ::)

But.. as said, you can only do what you can do... If that isn't enough for some people, they can sit and swivel, IMHO. :y

No passport required for curry, so :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.