Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3029751 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17805 on: 01 February 2019, 18:14:00 »

Worked from home, walked the school run in the morning. Took mummy bus in the afternoon
So, just to be clear, your idea of "working" from home is to forget the "work" element?

Just saying...

Lots of working involved, just couple of breaks.  :)

Can still take conf calls walking along, which is what I did.

Besides, as I was up at midnight doing work with Apple earlier in the week, I earned lighter day.  ;)
That's exactly what some silly tart at work tried saying to me when I was trying to find a free slot for a conf...   ...said silly tart didn't even bother to hide her private appts, so her morning went from hairdressers, to coffee morning, to dog grooming appt.

Yeah, that's "Working" from home  ::)
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17806 on: 01 February 2019, 18:29:07 »

I was tempted to actually go in today, but worked from home too in the end. Looking at the carnage on the roads round here at home time, I'm glad I did.

Not that there was much wrong with the roads. The drivers using them, on the other hand... ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17807 on: 01 February 2019, 18:35:47 »

I was tempted to actually go in today, but worked from home too in the end. Looking at the carnage on the roads round here at home time, I'm glad I did.

Not that there was much wrong with the roads. The drivers using them, on the other hand... ::)
Just seen interviews with a couple of residents on the tellybox, including a blonde, and am inclined to agree... :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17808 on: 01 February 2019, 18:38:55 »

I'm yet to make it in to the office in 2019. And I doubt I will in February either :P
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #17809 on: 01 February 2019, 18:50:17 »

Was it high last time you checked?

If its dumping that much diesel in the sump, you probably need to keep a close, daily eye on it.
It's almost due it's annual service, another couple of months, I think. It has had a few aborted regens over the months, so I'll get it done sooner. It's about 1/4" over the full mark, no panic.
Booked in for Friday. MOT as well, even though it's not due till May 3rd. Comes 'free' with the service.
New MOT and serviced. Rear brake pads replaced. £211 all in so not bad.
I know it's only five years old, but never even had an advisory.  :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17810 on: 01 February 2019, 19:03:46 »

Went out and collected all the pieces  of Mrs Builder's wing mirror off the road outside  :(
A bus hit it ,fortunately she was in the car at the time , wrote down the reg
the bus stopped round the corner and came back to give his details  :y
(plus it's all on my CCTV )
phoned the bus company and a manager will call me back tomorrow 
not reported it to insurance YET
I assume they will pay for the mirror rather than going through insurance (less than £200 for the complete mirror assembly and z157 cover etc i would think)
sods law , got 3 astra G mirrors , No astra H ones  ::)
Well, over 3 weeks later, an update ....
 several phone calls and emails (all polite ,no threats) to the bus company , I have an email apology and saying the replacement mirror ,painted to the correct ULTRA RARE star silver 3 Z157  :o  , with the convex glass shape mirror will be dropped off to me by the assistant manager sometime this weekend  :y
(I told them I would fit it ,rather than them send a bus mechanic with a Brummie screwdriver big hammer and 18" Stillson wrench )

the original (repaired by me )glued together mirror is still on and working , :)
I gave up hope on the bus company replacing it and ordered another ,which has arrived (in primer ,needs paint ) and to be fair,considering it is not a genuine GM mirror,it is pretty good quality .

also replaced the boot struts on Mrs Builder's estate £14 delivered

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17811 on: 01 February 2019, 19:08:59 »

was that a vauxhall service center or independent garage  :-\
sounds good ,what did they do as part of service ?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17812 on: 01 February 2019, 19:09:34 »

Looking at snow now, it’s heavier than last night. Traffic maps show its basically grid lock around Camberley.

So glad I worked from home, next time I’ll pop to barbers as well. Just to annoy a fatty admin  :D

STEMO

« Reply #17813 on: 01 February 2019, 19:11:47 »

Looking at snow now, it’s heavier than last night. Traffic maps show its basically grid lock around Camberley.

So glad I worked from home, next time I’ll pop to barbers as well. Just to annoy a fatty admin  :D
Have a spot of lunch after your haircut, no hurry  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #17814 on: 01 February 2019, 19:14:04 »

I can see where Jaime is coming from, though. Wifey works 10-12 hour days and hasn't had a day off in years. It pisses her off when others close for 'snow' (a few flakes, or even the threat of them will do) or 'work from home'. Not possible in her profession, I believe.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17815 on: 01 February 2019, 19:22:41 »

Did I forget to mention that I defrosted the freezer earlier? :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17816 on: 01 February 2019, 20:14:02 »

Did I forget to mention that I defrosted the freezer earlier? :D

Shhh. Don’t tell fatty, you can’t do any other jobs while at home.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17817 on: 02 February 2019, 14:04:17 »

Credit to them ,the bus company  :y
genuine vauxhall ,correct spec and colour mirror was dropped off by one of he managers ,along with a sincere apology  .
 now i have 2 spares  ::)  ;D
restored some of my faith in humanity  :P

STEMO

« Reply #17818 on: 02 February 2019, 17:44:18 »

was that a vauxhall service center or independent garage  :-\
sounds good ,what did they do as part of service ?
Sorry, Dave, only just seen this. It was, of course, a local indie. Vx would have wanted £249 just for the service. Service items were oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17819 on: 02 February 2019, 17:49:46 »

Whilst having another pair of tyres fitted to my wife's Yeti on Monday , currently averaging 10K Km's or 6K mils evenly worn across tread  >:(, the fitter pointed out to her that the rear discs were cracked.
Sure enough when I got a chance to inspect them cracked they were . Solid discs with visible corresonding cracks on either face .
Cheap enough and very easy to replace with new pads too ,unfortunatly one front disc has a crack showing so will replace both front discs and pads  next week.
She drives 25 miles to work over a twisting mountain road and I can only think that the discs are getting hot and then being cooled rapidly when she drives through standing water causing thermal cracking . Odd thing is that F & R pads are showing little sign of hard use .
Proving to be a demanding car this one .

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.