Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X30XE ECU differences(automatic car vs manual car)  (Read 2815 times)

calibrated

• Croatia
    • Opel Calibra
    • View Profile
X30XE ECU differences(automatic car vs manual car)
« on: 21 November 2016, 14:03:56 »

Hi folks...is there any difference between ECUs or are they all the same..for example will x30xe auto ecu work good with manual loom and gearbox?...i noted there are HJ and AF x30 ECUs but concluded that those letter marks are random regardless of auto or manual car....i put manual loom from x30xe but im afraid if i buy ECU from automatic car that it will not work good

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: X30XE ECU differences(automatic car vs manual car)
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2016, 14:57:51 »

I believe on the cable throttle cars that the auto/manual setup is based on whether a wire in the harness is connected to the autobox ECU or grounded, so I think I'm right in saying that there is no difference in the ECUs.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2016, 15:01:01 »

In my experience, an auto ecu will work perfectly in a manual car... cannot speak for the other way around though :-\

Should be ok, as Kevin says, and Haynes wiring diagrams should be detailed enough to get it done :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2016, 17:35:24 »

I believe on the cable throttle cars that the auto/manual setup is based on whether a wire in the harness is connected to the autobox ECU or grounded, so I think I'm right in saying that there is no difference in the ECUs.
Yep, on the 2.5/3.0 the Loom tells the ECU whether Auto or Manual on one of the ECU Pins either Hi/Lo, having said that,  my Remap Chip Man did tell me the Eprom Maps inside the ECU were different between Auto and Manual, so maybe a change of the Eprom would be in order as well.  :-\

I dont think the ECU's were the same through out all the years though, ie from 94 to 2000. someone would need to confirm.

I know a few people have had issues getting the Engine to run right after a Box conversion and not paying attention to the ECU/Loom requirements.

calibrated

• Croatia
    • Opel Calibra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2016, 18:06:42 »

I have put manual loom...(has earth on pin 42) but ECU is what im worried about :)

calibrated

• Croatia
    • Opel Calibra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2016, 12:26:57 »

By the way im buying x30xe ecu if anyone is willing to sold for reasonable money and send to Croatia...via paypal..thank you!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2016, 13:18:55 »

I dont think the ECU's were the same through out all the years though, ie from 94 to 2000. someone would need to confirm.

I know a few people have had issues getting the Engine to run right after a Box conversion and not paying attention to the ECU/Loom requirements.

Yes, there were some differences in throttle pot wiring around the time when the long plenum came in, which have caused some consternation.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2016, 19:23:21 »

Is it a 3.0 auto ecu set you are after?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

calibrated

• Croatia
    • Opel Calibra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2016, 11:17:36 »

Yes, there were some differences in throttle pot wiring around the time when the long plenum came in, which have caused some consternation.

You mean TPS connection was longer? As i have long and short plenum...throttle bodie(s) are the same and Throttle position sensor is same...only difference is lenght...i have loom with square connectors(older type)...the plenum that i can think of with different throttle connection is newer one with electronic throttle being Siemens Simtec ecu? Correct me if im wrong...
- There are 3 types of ECU for x30 Bosch Motronic...
PS(biggest ecu box),AF and HJ(smaller boxes)...i think only difference is shape of connectors(there are oval and square)..sensors are same...and wiring is same i think for Bosch versions

Yes im looking after any 3.0 ECU
« Last Edit: 24 November 2016, 11:32:28 by calibrated »

calibrated

• Croatia
    • Opel Calibra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2016, 12:55:43 »

Done some research on Polish forums...and few guys which are programmers and have look into ECU eproms told that AF ecu has strongest ignition maps...

calibrated

• Croatia
    • Opel Calibra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 December 2016, 10:16:22 »

i dont want to spam with new topics:

.is there difference in x25 and x30 ecu except in the eeprom map? i really cant get hold of x30 ecu but can buy x25 one...so if they're same except for the eeprom map i will buy x25 one and put x30 chip?

thanks in advance guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.